shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege ring finally done and being shipped!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I’m beyond excited and had to share. Leon Mege sent my husband an email to say my ring is finally done! It’s been just over 3 months since it was officially ordered.

I’m so excited …. Except my husband had already hinted that he wanted it to be a bit of a “surprise” so I’m not sure how long before I actually will get it.

Meanwhile I’m going a little stir crazy thinking about every detail (which cannot be changed now)… I never saw the diamond in person! Didn’t ask for additional pics….

Is it set too low/ too high? Is the sizing ok? Once again… when I have down time… I spend too much time thinking.

Hopefully he doesn’t decide to keep it for a Valentine’s Day gift…. Or even worst.. birthday March 3rd…. Or even more painful… Dating anniversary.. April 27

Thanks for listening to my rantings :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh so excited for you !:appl:
I hope you are over the moon happy with it! ♥️

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ooh so excited for you !:appl:
I hope you are over the moon happy with it! ♥️

Only crazy PSers understand the pain of waiting and the little design details that make matter to us.

I am hoping he’s excited and gives it to me this weekend. We’ve been together for just over 25 years, and married for about 14 years so maybe he will wait for a milestone…

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait for this reveal! I hope that you get the ring sooner rather than later:)

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
OMG so excited! I can't wait to see!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting I hope you love it!!! I couldn’t ever give my husband free rein like that! I’d have to be involved in the stone and setting! Fortunately my husband agreed early on to no jewelry surprises! I guess Leon is relatively low risk since he makes such beautiful pieces. But I just hope it’s exactly what you would have chosen!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting I hope you love it!!! I couldn’t ever give my husband free rein like that! I’d have to be involved in the stone and setting! Fortunately my husband agreed early on to no jewelry surprises! I guess Leon is relatively low risk since he makes such beautiful pieces. But I just hope it’s exactly what you would have chosen!!!

I am not sure I was completely sane either. It’s arriving January 6th!!!!! Then starts the LOOOOONG wait. I feel almost like a lady in waiting.

On one hand it is scary to release the reins… but I do think there were some benefits to him taking over.

1. I was originally looking at a smaller stone (I was hoping for a 3.3 carat, H, VS2, super ideal) in a Leon Mege setting. And the stone he decided on is larger.

2. I think I had very little idea of what I wanted. For example…. I originally asked for a squared off band. Then Leon suggested rounded… I thought I wanted the diamond set high… then realized maybe that might be too high. Etc etc. Leon did agree to set the diamond as I requested (2 mm higher) but when I changed my mind, he said “thank god!” It required a bit of a restart but he didn’t like the aesthetics of my original request.

Ultimately I think it would have been too much stress to determine what would look “nice”. It will be a completely Leon ring. At the end… we didn’t go with any of my original requests

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do agree it’s important to listen to the ring maker on things like height! You definitely wouldn’t want a larger stone set 2mm higher! It would make it much more prone to get hit on things. Do you know if your husband bought a superideal cut or did he buy something else? I didn’t look back at your earlier thread to see if you knew that.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very excited for you! Hope you don’t have to wait one day - or us either for that matter! Enjoy the excitement and try not to be consumed with worry - I am sure it will be beautiful!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I do agree it’s important to listen to the ring maker on things like height! You definitely wouldn’t want a larger stone set 2mm higher! It would make it much more prone to get hit on things. Do you know if your husband bought a superideal cut or did he buy something else? I didn’t look back at your earlier thread to see if you knew that.

His process was a little weird. He found a stone that interested him after research on PS (he went through the stones listed in virtual inventory. Looked at some of the readily available pictures and videos to determine if he thought it was eye clean. There were only 4 stones that matched his criteria). He then used the HCA to eliminate stones. And was only left with 1.

He then contacted Leon and told him he was interested in this stone, and if Leon could source a few stones with comparable specs.

Leon called back after picking up the stone (it was in NY) and said he hadn’t realized it was H&A diamond and that it was spectacular. His exact words “You sure know how to pick them” He did call in 3 other stones as well. But felt in his opinion, that the one my husband blindly selected was far better.

So I know it’s a 5.07 GIA 3Ex. H, VS2. (Round).

I also know that Leon sold us the stone for far less then it was listed for by the online vendor. And that the setting and the stone was about 5K less then the diamond alone…. So overall, my husband was pleased. Leon also offers 1 upgrade after 1 year, so there’s still that option if the stone is disappointing.

It wasn’t the stone I was looking for to start, but hopefully will be pretty.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow -a Leon creation! He made my ring in 2008. I can't wait to see it!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
WAIT! wait wait wait!!!!!! What kind of tom foolery f*ckery is THIS?!? I'm calling CLICKBAIT!!! Does he not know how RUDE it is to show ps'ers BEFORE you first? #RUDE!!!!!!!!!!

[so inside im dying #sorrynotsorry because now we have to wait...:|]

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gaaaahhhh I can't waaaaaaait! :bigsmile:

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sigh. He’s already informed me that he’s going to “hide it where I can’t get it” that seems to be indicating a long wait. Meanwhile stalking Leon Mege Instagram hoping he accidentally posts a picture of it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Sending "hurry the heck up and give my wife the ring" vibes your way.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Maybe he'll let you peek first... just to check the size.

What an awesome gift. That wait though!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Maybe he'll let you peek first... just to check the size.

What an awesome gift. That wait though!

The diamond size or the ring size?
:evil2: The largest diamond I have seen in real life was a 2.0 carats (my sister in law)

I think just being able to see the stone would be a real treat for me. I wouldn’t even ask to try it on. Just a peek…

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The diamond size or the ring size?
:evil2: The largest diamond I have seen in real life was a 2.0 carats (my sister in law)

I think just being able to see the stone would be a real treat for me. I wouldn’t even ask to try it on. Just a peek…

I did mean the ring size, but you know, as a PSer....
I'm so excited for you.

My Aunt had a 4ct ring that I remember as a child that ruined me for life. The sparkles would dance around in the car. I remember wishing for a magical diamond someday.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
O. M. G. This is torture!

I saw a 5 carat in real life only once. My child's 2nd grade teacher got one when she married for the first time at age 65. The size alone was jaw-dropping. The fact that someone with the reputation of Leon Merge thinks it is spectacular - Holy sh&t!

Sorry, I'm sure this is not helping your anticipation and excitement level.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I totally hate my husband. He just got pictures. And all I asked him “is the halo and band as thin as this” (insert picture of some PSers ring”

His response “hard to tell”

HOW CAN IT BE HARD TO TELL????? It’s the only thing I care about. I mean. Look at the proportions of the diamond to the halo. Answer YES!

Crawling back under my Covid Rock. I’m sick ++++ and grumpy

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I did mean the ring size, but you know, as a PSer....
I'm so excited for you.

My Aunt had a 4ct ring that I remember as a child that ruined me for life. The sparkles would dance around in the car. I remember wishing for a magical diamond someday.

O. M. G. This is torture!

I saw a 5 carat in real life only once. My child's 2nd grade teacher got one when she married for the first time at age 65. The size alone was jaw-dropping. The fact that someone with the reputation of Leon Merge thinks it is spectacular - Holy sh&t!

Sorry, I'm sure this is not helping your anticipation and excitement level.
MMtwo,

I think being exposed to 4 carat at a young age, I would never have gotten over it. Lol

RMOO,

Awww I love that story. She certainly waited for the right man :)

Imagine I get it and I still think I need an upgrade. Right after he purchased the 5 carat he questioned if 7 would have been a better choice (to ensure the impossibility of DSS).

But I told him that 7 I would wear as solitaire alone, and he really wanted a halo to carry over memories of my original engagement ring. We will see…. soon….

Did I mention 2 can play this game? I just ordered a Rolex watch he has had his eye on. I’ll give it to him when he gives me my ring…. I suffer… he suffers….
:evil2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I totally hate my husband. He just got pictures. And all I asked him “is the halo and band as thin as this” (insert picture of some PSers ring”

His response “hard to tell”

HOW CAN IT BE HARD TO TELL????? It’s the only thing I care about. I mean. Look at the proportions of the diamond to the halo. Answer YES!

Crawling back under my Covid Rock. I’m sick ++++ and grumpy

Oh no! You have COVID on top of waiting for this ring.
ARRRGGGGHHHHH Hope you feel better soon!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! You have COVID on top of waiting for this ring.
ARRRGGGGHHHHH Hope you feel better soon!

Yes. Triple Vax (and recent too! I think my third dose was about 3 weeks ago) and got hit by Covid truck.

I knew there was a high probability it would happen. My husband is double Vax and he got it… so it’s not surprising that it migrated to me.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Triple Vax (and recent too! I think my third dose was about 3 weeks ago) and got hit by Covid truck.

I knew there was a high probability it would happen. My husband is double Vax and he got it… so it’s not surprising that it migrated to me.

That is a hella 4th vaxx for you <3

The Rolex move - BRILLIANT!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel better soon, Ally! And the ring sounds fabulous! We will be waiting here on pins and needles with you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results