shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege + Daniel K + Tsavorite = Pictures Inside!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pokey

Rough_Rock
For those of you who have been following my engagement ring saga with bated breath for the last four months, it has finally come to a close. To catch up those who have not, my girlfriend expressed a desire for a green center stone and then sent me off on my own. With the help of everyone here at Pricescope, without whom I would still be wandering around Zales with a green Sharpie, I''ve managed to come up with something that I think is pretty special.

I had originally been leaning towards a concave cut gemstone, but after seeing a number of tourmalines and tsavorites, I decided that while the faceting was, obviously, magical and otherworldly, it was at the expense of sparkliness. After comparing concave cut stones with a cushion cut 2.39 carat tsavorite that Leon Mege showed me, I decided to go with Leon''s cushion instead of the concave faceted stones. Setting-wise, I fell in love with Danel K''s Union Square setting and I was wisely steered away from buying direct from the designer and instead going with a custom replica from Leon. Since it was Leon, I had to expand the pave from just the top of the ring on the Daniel K to three sides (four if you count the split shank) and all the way to 5:00 and 7:00 on the band, rather than stopping halfway. And obviously he added the famous Leon double prongs.

I would be remiss if I didn''t thank those who went out of their way to advise me on every aspect of this purchase over the last few months: Valeria101 who appears to know literally everything about everything; MINE, who went above and beyond in answering my questions about concave faceting; and especially velouriaL, whose gorgeous gorgeous tourmaline solitaire singlehandedly convinced me that a green engagement ring could be stunning. And to all of you who have colored engagement rings and love them, I am exceptionally proud to have my soon-to-be-fiancee join your ranks.

Pictures to follow:

Pokey

Rough_Rock

2111-A.JPG

Pokey

Rough_Rock

2111-B.JPG

Pokey

Rough_Rock

2111-C.JPG

Pokey

Rough_Rock

2111-D.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. WORD.

First, that tsavorite garnet is YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

Second, that split shank, diamond encrusted setting is TO DIE FOR!!!! What a spectacular piece you''ve had created! It''s just drop dead deeeeee-licious.
18.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohmygosh pokey...it is amazingly beautiful. truly.
wow.
really really well done!
36.gif

she is going to absolutely love it.

gosh that is beautiful!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous! You need to post this on Show me the Ring, though, so more people will see it!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a beautiful ring! The color combination is a crowd stopper! It has such a regalness about it. So feminine and classic! What a stunner!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW POKEY!!! I think you made the right decision 100%!! It is just beautiful and amazing! I just know your fiancee is going to love it!! It is defnitely fit for a princess!! Oh wow!! it is just wonderful!! BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO!!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

WOW!!

PLease please please make sure that you let us know all about your proposal, what you love said and thought about the ring and HANDSHOTS HANDSHOTS HANDSHOTS!!!

WOW..
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Wow...

Wow...

Wow...

Be sure to post this is the colored E-ring thread!! It is defnitely going to be an inspiration for others looking for colored gesmtone E-rings!!

Welcome to the world of color!! I hope you and yours always dream in color!!!
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
fabulous, Fabulous, FABULOUS! we welcome your GF/soon to be fiance to the world of color and applaud her for sticking to her wish for color and your research which has yielded this exceptional ring! once in love with color there is no going back.....plan on earrings to go with this beauty!

movie zombie

eta: the appraiser for my ring is pushing tsavorite as my next project......this stone makes me think she may be right!

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring...absolutely love the Tsavorite.
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
de-leon-icious! yummy! i adore it! congratulations on a stunning stone and ring!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that ring is to die for. Absolutely beautiful. Leon did a wonderful job as usual. Can''t wait to see hand shots.

Linda

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is stunning. Congratulations!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Be still, my beating heart! What a masterpiece. Congrats! ETA: How much does your fiancee know about the ring?

leggs

Shiny_Rock
Very well done, what an amazing green colour.Congrats!!!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that ring is awesome!! It is a beautiful green and a to die for setting! Have you talked to Leon about the wedding band? Whenever I see the 3 sided pave, that is the first thing I think about.

Congratulations on an absolutely gorgeous choice and I am sure she is going to LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!

So when is the big day??
36.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif

I love his rings with colored stones best!!!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. I said it in the other forum you posted the pics in but must say again here. . . that is hands down the most beautiful ring I have ever laid eyes on. I love love love the tsav. I think you''ve set a new standard on this board pokey.
30.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wowow! that is truly an amazingly, gorgeous , beautiful ring!

congrats!! she is gonna love it!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Omg it''s so beautiful.
Of course no I want a tsavorite ring
27.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2006 9:23:07 AM
Author: portoar
WOW. I said it in the other forum you posted the pics in but must say again here. . . that is hands down the most beautiful ring I have ever laid eyes on. I love love love the tsav. I think you''ve set a new standard on this board pokey.
30.gif

I have to agree.

Absolutley stunning!
congratulations!!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Pokey,

This has to be one of the most beautiful rings I''ve ever seen. The color of the stone is so amazing. And so is Leon''s work. Just beautiful!! Congratulations!

togal

Shiny_Rock
That''s a beautiful ring, and a lovely colored centre stone. It really has impact and is a very striking color combo with the diamonds. Great choice.

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Truly a work of art!!!!
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results