shape
carat
color
clarity

Length of Huggie Hoops?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Agdoc2001

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,
I''ve been reading the forum for months now (trying to find the perfect e-ring) but I need some help with my girlfriend''s birthday present. When we went on a cruise over the summer we searched jewelry stores at several islands & she loved the small huggie diamond earrings we found. We didn''t end up finding the price we wanted, so now I''m trying to find the right pair.

So far I''m leaning toward this pair at blue nile:

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5097&pid=DE49400500

But I''m still unsure...
1. What is the proper length for a huggie earring? These are listed as hoops (as most huggies seem to be) so I don''t know if they are small enough. What should I be looking for? Bear in mind that she''s all of 5''2'''' with very small ears, so a large hoop will look terrible.

2. Should I go with the channel set diamonds or the common prongs where the diamonds are not inside a channel?

3. Is bluenile the best place to get these from? I have read up on them on the forum & everyone seems pretty happy with their jewelry, but if you would like to reccommend another website - I''m listening!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
First of all welcome! I am also 5'2" and I love the little huggie hoops so hopefully I can help. There are no rules for the size on these things, but the ones you've shown are very cute. They are attractive and a nice small size with the potential for a lot of sparkle. I've never bought from Blue Nile but I believe they have a good reputation. You might take a look at the ones that Bridget S just bought from Blue Nile. She posted pictures in the Shopping forum earlier today. I think those would be perfect! Good luck with your quest.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
These are the ones Bridget bought and I think they would be a great choice for huggie hoops. So cute!!!

bridgethuggie.jpg

Agdoc2001

Rough_Rock
Sundial,
Thanks so much for the response. I, too, like the ones that Bridget S got, but my girlfriend didn''t seem to like the paved earrings when we were looking (strange...I thought those would be her pref...great sparkle factor). So now I''m trying to decide b/w the the rounds in a channel or the prongs, unfortunately our cruise was in May so now I don''t remember which of the 2 she liked better. So as a female with good taste, which would you prefer?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well that''s hard because I like both styles, but maybe you were drawn to those channel set hoops for a reason. I have a pair of partial hoops with channel set diamonds and I have received many compliments on them. They are pretty darn sparkly even though they are small.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

I have a pair of 1 tcw shared prong huggies, 1/2" in length and LOVE them. I am 5'4" and I think I have normal ears (?) and I think they are the perfect length. They dont hug hug the ear and dont hang down too far. I wear them with jeans and with dresses, VERY versatile and very "blingy" without being obnoxious. For me personally, I am a fan of rounds in shared prongs and princess cuts in channel set. Something about the "gap" between round stones in the channel bugs me. But the ones you picked out are very pretty indeed! I really dont think you can go wrong with either type.

Here are some pics to give you an idea of shared prongs:

sharedpronghuggiefront.JPG

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
From the side:

sharedpronghuggieside.JPG

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
UGH pardon my nasty ear and end of the day ratty hair shot!

nastyearhairshot.JPG

Agdoc2001

Rough_Rock
I really like those & they seem to fit your ears very well. I was looking at a similair pair, but everything I''m finding is longer than your earrings - more like 10/16 or 11/16 of an inch. I''m very afraid that this will be too big! Advice??? Please???

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hey--I sent you a PM! :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I know these are pave and not what you are looking for, but I thought you might like to see what a smaller length would look like on the ear. These are true "huggies", only about 12mm in length. I really like them because they are still very sparkly but are also very understated and perfect to wear when in jeans.

cmshuggies.jpg

Agdoc2001

Rough_Rock
Thanks Michelle! That picture actually helps a lot!

Agdoc2001

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much to punchnpie, sundial, & catmom...birthday was a huge success & I came out as the big hero with my girlfriend & her friends. They were all very impressed with my "wonderful taste". Hopefully this gets me off the hook a bit for V-day...

Don''t be alarmed if I come bother you for advice on an e-ring in the future, but hopefully that''s much later than sooner!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now, now, what''s this "much later" business on the e-ring?
2.gif

Flowers are essential on Valentine''s Day. You will be in good shape as long as you remember that!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results