shape
carat
color
clarity

Length of honeymoon in Kauai?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maddie80

Shiny_Rock
For those of you who have honeymooned in Kauai - how long is too short? :) We are trying to plan our trip and we are debating between a 9-10 day trip, or a full 2 weeks (would mean that with the wedding, FI would have to take 3 weeks off of work, which he is not thrilled about!) This is our first trip at all to Hawaii and our first real vacation in a while, so I''m leaning towards the longer trip. Costs are a concern, however, and we do not want to have the feeling that we''ve "tapped out" the fun/exciting things to do. Any advice?

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never been to Kauai, but have you considered splitting your trip up on two different islands? I''ve been to Maui, the Big Island, and Oahu. A three week trip would be fantastic, but I would go to two different islands. I would go to Oahu since it''s so different from Kauai. There are a ton of things to do on Oahu. Good luck and feel free to ask any questions. I''m most familiar with Oahu since it''s my favorite island and we go at least twice a year. Our dream is to move over eventually, but that''s many years away.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, if you are scared that Oahu is all about Waikiki, it''s really not. You can choose to stay in wonderful resort locations that are 30-45 minutes away from Waikiki. The JW Marriott Ko Olina Resort and Spa is my favorite. Towards Diamond Head the Mandarin Kahala Oriental is beautiful.

You can''t go wrong with Hawaii!

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
If you do more than a week, I would definitely split it up between two islands. A week is long enough at one island, and any more than a week, and you run the risk of being bored. My personal favorite island is the Big Island (Hawaii). Kauai is my second favorite. There is a huge contrast between these two islands, and I would love to do a trip that encompasses both of these islands. If you spend 10 days, I would spend 4 or 5 at Kauai, and 5 or 6 on the Big Island. Let me know if you want any more info on the Big Island. My husband and I are trying to buy a property there and plan on retiring there, so I may be able to give you more helpful info on sites to see, etc.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
We didn''t honeymoon in Kauai but visited a couple of years ago. We scheduled 5 days in Kauai and 5 days on the Big Island. We felt 5 days in Kauai allowed us to do everything we wanted, including a helicopter ride and a boat ride, and taking our time to drive around and stop for pictures many, many times.

The 5 days on the Big Island were not enough to see everything we wanted to see since it''s so big and there are so many beautiful things to see.

As others have said, splitting two weeks between two islands might be a good idea. We did 18 days across Maui, Big Island and Kauai and it was fabulous!

Good luck!
1.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I think the how long question depends on where you are coming from, east or west coast. From the east coast, its a day out and a day back without delays. We went for 2 weeks and split our time among three islands (Maui, Hawaii & Kauai). It was the PERFECT amount of time... we didnt feel rushed or bored. We took 3 weeks off from work too, but had the time and this was our first big trip. We also had a month between the wedding and honeymoon, so work wasnt as upset with so much time gone.

Sorry I am feeling lazy this morning, but there is more info on our trip in this thread i wrote when we got back. Lots of details and suggestions for what i would have done different for next time.

Also do a search on here for Hawaii... lots of people have been and there are snipets here and there with lots of detail. Here is a recent thread with some details.

nicolejrx

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and I went to Hawaii for 10 days when he got back from Iraq last time. He proposed on our last day in Kauai so it will always be a very special place for me. We stayed in Kauai for 4 days which I thought was too short. I think that a week would be perfect, 10 days maybe a bit too long...
Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results