shape
carat
color
clarity

Leibish Black Diamonds

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
Hey All!

Just had a great conversation with Johanna at Leibish regarding black diamonds. If you are in the market for one, there's a difference between their website and eBay listings.

The blacks on eBay have been been heated which explains the price difference. The blacks on the website have not been treated in any way. Hope this helps!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
good info to keep in mind! thanks for sharing.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for pointing this out.

FWIW, Leibish used to sell both treated and fully natural black diamonds on their main website.
Then, perhaps around a year ago, they changed to sell only fully natural on their main website.

Another way to tell which black diamonds are not treated is ...
Fully natural ones will have a GIA report.
Treated ones will have no report.

Of course the natural ones will be much more expensive.

PinkyPie

Rough_Rock
Ha! I'm always looking. I've purchased black diamonds with them before. Sadly, they are still sitting in my "too be set" drawer.

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
i want to understand what people see in black diamonds but I dont. With no light or transparency at all, they feel kind of indistinguishable from costume jewelry to me. are there ever lighter ones? where the color isn't completely opaque?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on the same page with Chatbandit. Opaque black diamonds look like black onyx-or overheated sapphires to me. For years we always heard how hard it was to find jewelry quality diamonds mined from the mega tons of rough-(ergo the high prices for the rare white diamonds) and that the black, browns and other off- white colors were discarded or used for industrial diamonds. Now DeBeers' hightly effective marketing has made these castoffs sell for high prices- anything can be sold as long as it is a 'diamond'. The setting is worth more than the stone. I will never, never be tempted to purchase black, brown(chocolate-coffee) or off white diamonds.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never wanted a black diamond either.

But recently someone posted about some wonderful qualities that the best fully natural black diamonds have.
Anyone know where that post is or who posted it?

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jbkhere|1380017322|3526191 said:
kenny|1380003581|3526149 said:

But recently someone posted about some wonderful qualities that the best fully natural black diamonds have.

Was it LD on this thread?

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ck-diamonds-tia.192038/#post-3500255#p3500255

I too was left more curious about black diamonds after that post.......

Yes, thank you.
That was it! :appl:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1380043019|3526385 said:
jbkhere|1380017322|3526191 said:
kenny|1380003581|3526149 said:

Was it LD on this thread?

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ck-diamonds-tia.192038/#post-3500255#p3500255

I too was left more curious about black diamonds after that post.......

Yes, thank you.
That was it! :appl:

I was thinking the exact same.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results