shape
carat
color
clarity

Leather Messenger Bag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I have been searching and haven''t found much that I''m terribly impressed with, so I''m hoping the PS shopping gurus can help!

For Xmas, DH wants a leather messenger bag. He has a pretty casual workplace, and he''s a pretty casual dresser (think khakis and polos/buttondowns, rarely a tie), so it shouldn''t be something that looks overly business-y, but should also be professional looking. He wants leather, and tends to like darker brown leathers. Simple lines/functionality is important. I''d like to spend less than $150.

Your help is greatly, greatly appreciated!!!

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
I know Jcrew sells them for men but I believe they are a bit more than $150..Perhaps, Fossil?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here we go - qt, thank you so much for the links! I like this one:

http://www.kennethcole.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3072507&cp=3075198.3075278.3075281

but the reviews were touch and go on Amazon, and it''s no returns - but the price is killer with the 30% off.

FSU, I also like this one: http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product____22120545_211557?departmentCategoryId=30001&N=0&Va=31&Ns=p_subcategory_sequence%257c0%257c%257cp_weight%257c0%257c%257cp_order_history%257c1&rec=5&pn=c&imagePath=MBG1154201

but it''s a touch over my budget.

Thoughts??

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really good price on the Kenneth Cole one. Usually Kenneth Cole products are good quality and hold up well. Do you have any Kenneth Cole outlet by you? Their outlet prices are great.

Can''t say much for fossil as I had never bought anything from that brand.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I just sucked up the no return policy and got the Kenneth Cole bag - I agree, KC is typically a great brand, so I can''t see any reason to return it, but it''s still making me a bit nervous. I am kindof gnawing at my fingernails because I didn''t even check my TJMaxx or Marshall''s, but I was scared to wait longer, since the price was right in line with what I want to spend. Thanks for your help!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I know I''m late, but Fossil would have been a better choice.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 11:54:24 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I know I''m late, but Fossil would have been a better choice.
Yep, I''m too late also, and I was about to say Fossil.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I love the Kenneth Cole - very classy. Looks like something DH would like, and he sounds similar in dress and work environment to yours!
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Gecko, thanks! I got it in the mail early last week, and it''s GORGEOUS. The leather is super soft, which DH will love - I''ll definitely be waterproofing it with treatment stuff before he takes it to work, but DH isn''t really hard on his belongings, so I''m not really too worried about it from a wear perspective. The other plus is that it''s a bit smaller without being a murse. He just needs it to hold a laptop occasionally, a couple notepads, pens, and sometimes a recording device, so he didn''t want a big huge bag on days when he''s not carrying the laptop.

I did like the Fossil Jackson, but some of the detailing just looked a little young, and the KC was about $75 cheaper, which was a big deal to me, because I''m still pretty uncertain whether DH will even carry this thing regularly.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Normally, I''m a Jack Spade/LV guy. But I was at home (read: in Alabama) last year and my stepmom came across a leather Fossil while we were in Dillard''s. She price checked it and it was $50! Regular it was over 200 and that was just too good of a deal to pass up. I''ve always liked Fossil bags, I just never knew if I should invest in one, but I think from now on, Fossil will be one of my first stops when looking for a new bag. I have a thing for man bags.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton, glad you like the KC bag.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results