shape
carat
color
clarity

Learning stage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hero_vc

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''m fairly new in the area and I just have some question in regards to the depth.

What happen when a radiant diamond is cut too deep (ie. 76%)?

VC

jenibear

Shiny_Rock
I would assume it's the same thing when a princess is cut too deep since they're both square stones.
In princesses, deep stones look smaller for their ct. weight. For example, all other things being equal, a 1 ct. princess with a 78 depth will appear smaller face up than a 70 depth.
I'm sure someone on this forum would be able to say for sure if radiants are any different.
Good luck
Jenibear

hero_vc

Rough_Rock
Thanks Jenibear,

But other than that, will a stone w/ deeper cut loses it's fire or brillance? or even make it look dead?
The reason I'm asking is b'coz I've bought a radiant stone w/ 65% Table and 75.6% Depth and I still haven't got a chance to see it in person yet. I'm worried that it will lose a lot of sparkle b'coz of that.
confused.gif

VC

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Hero,

Table and total depth say little about the cut quality of the stone. It can turn out to be an incredibly beautiful stone or a dud. The most important relationship are the stones crown and pavilion angles as this can make or break the stone. A table that is smaller than it's total depth is a good start however but more info is required. Can you get crown angles/height & pavilion angles/depth? If so we can give you a better idea.

Rhino

hero_vc

Rough_Rock
Hi Rhino,

Where can I get the crown and pavilion? I bought this stone from diamond.com w/ a 30 days money back and they only fax me the GIA report.

Cute pug by the way..
21.gif

VC

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You'll need to at least find an appraiser with a Sarin or OGI MegaScope machine as even the basest of models can give you the basic proportions including crown and pavilion angles.

And Mojo says thanks.
1.gif

Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results