shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender spinel

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For years, I’ve wanted a lavender spinel. I wanted anything in the “blurple” spectrum, and was super happy when I bought my big violet spinel from Gene. I was appeased. But in the back of my mind, I also still wanted (we get greedy sometimes) a lavender stone. Gene posted a lavender sapphire recently, and there was one part of the checkout process I got stuck on, so someone beat me to it. Then this spinel came up. Though it definitely leans more pink than blue, and I wasn’t sure about the roval cut, it’s pretty saturated for a lighter purple. I’ll halo it at some point (pics in halo are of it sitting on an empty setting I have slated for a bluish mint asscher tourm).

F5E082B2-CD7B-44C8-AEAF-3FB77AAC76D6.jpeg 429A6C3A-1A48-4B13-AA0C-C2C0A04A91EC.jpeg D4CBAF2A-9EAE-4204-BDCE-F2ABA5AD2D7F.jpeg 5AE82818-E6AD-4C49-AA7F-A3ED914FDA6F.jpeg 61FB1E5A-202F-453E-921F-BC31FA080A9D.jpeg 7864B059-DDA6-417D-A651-D5B1EDFF14C3.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely. :love: I’m a big fan of purple colored spinels (lavender & violet) but they are hard to find. Congrats on such a gorgeous piece.

ps. I’m crazy about your violet spinel from Gene. So, so perfect!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, it's a gorgeous color, congrats!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! :love: I love the color and the pink flashes it shows.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. I’m a lavender spinel junkie myself.

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful stone! So saturated I would call it purple. Congrats!

ItsMainelyYou

Shiny_Rock
Love it.
I hope at some point procure a stone as a gift for my best friend who also loves purple, and make her a most beautiful ring!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely. :love: I’m a big fan of purple colored spinels (lavender & violet) but they are hard to find. Congrats on such a gorgeous piece.

ps. I’m crazy about your violet spinel from Gene. So, so perfect!
Thanks. :)

It’s actually a sapphire from Gene, not sure why I said spinel, too late to correct. Oops.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s actually a sapphire from Gene, not sure why I said spinel, too late to correct. Oops.
I thought it was a sapphire but I went up and checked your post and that said spinel so...here we are. Lol :lol:

PS. The lavender spinel keeps looking better and better every time I see it.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo thats pretty! :kiss2:

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice buy! I love that color. The setting is gorgeous and I could definitely see this stone looking fantastic in a similar one. Sigh... I'd really love a periwinkle spinel. It's definitely on my wish list.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was reading your post saying "spinel" looking at the photos thinking to myself hmmm I have a sapphire that is a similar colour..... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Handmade diamond studs
    Handmade diamond studs
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    5 Diamond Misconceptions: Part 1
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.