shape
carat
color
clarity

Lauren B Pop Up in Dallas TX

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got invited by @Starfacet to go to this and while it was fun to try on the settings and see them in person, I have to say I was sorely disappointed with the customer service. While the rep that assisted Starfacet was nice, mine was a bit rude and bashed how my ring was a "cast" setting and alluded to how the materials used most not be of the same quality as Lauren B. He was not advised over who the vendor was for my reset but for him to basically trash talk a vendor to make Lauren B look better was off-putting to say the least. Combine that with the quoted price of $4500 for just the setting (reusing my own diamonds) was mind boggling.

While I understand that their technique is handforge wire, the pricing just had me like :???: :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2: #bye

Either way I got to enjoy a few hours off work and had a yummy ice cream afterwards :P2

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the record, his name was Eddy.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Nobody makes their wire now.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe he was overcompensating in the presence of your beautiful ring :lol-2: i think handforging is going to give you an advantage over cast/printed in specific situations only tbh so it's more about wanting to have something that is lovingly (you hope or imagine) handmade. point being, he was rude and he was wrong. i don't understand how anyone who works in the jewelry business especially (or people in general) would feel emboldened to critique someone's jewelry without being expressly asked to do so. thumbs down.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow so unprofessional. People never cease to amaze (disappoint) do they. Sorry you experienced that unpleasantness:knockout: @KKJohnson. Your ring is TDF beautiful and I hope you are not paying any attention to his ignorant and ridiculous comments.

And yum to ice cream afterwards. That's almost a perfect day. Bling, ice-cream and friends.:appl:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying on all their different bands was super fun!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll never understand how a vendor bashing someone else’s work makes them think you’ll use them. :naughty: Great CS, pee off a potential customer, that works every time! :roll

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds about as arrogant as Leon. Hand forged metal work can be beautiful it can also have limitations that one off cast designs can overcome. I own both types of rings.....The salesperson would have gotten a heap of bashing back if they tried that with me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That sounds about as arrogant as Leon. Hand forged metal work can be beautiful it can also have limitations that one off cast designs can overcome. I own both types of rings.....The salesperson would have gotten a heap of bashing back if they tried that with me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am sure my face said all that I was thinking lol I can watch my words but my expressions I have yet to master :whistle:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Were you wearing your 4+ carat diamond? He should be sucking up to you, not bashing your ring. :roll2:

I was, guess it must have been small compared to those new york rings lol

foodie100

Rough_Rock
Found this thread because, like you, I am mesmerized by Lauren B's social media game! They are really killing it in that department. I thought I'd work with a local jeweler when the time came, but LB's razor thin prongs are really calling to me. If you don't mind my asking, did you price any out (just the setting)? Since they do not list prices for settings only, it's driving me crazy to think if I could even consider them if they're too pricey.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foodie100, I don't recall pricing settings only because they only showed complete rings with moissanites but had diamond pricing on their laptops. I don't think they are any pricier than other custom designers like LM, but that's still too pricey for my taste. I think the 2.5 CT equivalent emerald cut moissy ring with baguettes in platinum was $6K, but @Wewechew might remember better than me.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foodie100, I don't recall pricing settings only because they only showed complete rings with moissanites but had diamond pricing on their laptops. I don't think they are any pricier than other custom designers like LM, but that's still too pricey for my taste. I think the 2.5 CT equivalent emerald cut moissy ring with baguettes in platinum was $6K, but @Wewechew might remember better than me.

Prices were ridiculous for the quality of the settings, in my opinion.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Found this thread because, like you, I am mesmerized by Lauren B's social media game! They are really killing it in that department. I thought I'd work with a local jeweler when the time came, but LB's razor thin prongs are really calling to me. If you don't mind my asking, did you price any out (just the setting)? Since they do not list prices for settings only, it's driving me crazy to think if I could even consider them if they're too pricey.

I priced for just the setting, reusing my own diamonds and they quoted me $3400 Plus $500 setting fee. I paid $3675 with DK which included .62cts for trapezoids and .15cts of round melee. That is why I skipped over them and redesigned my ring (again) with similar elements LB has, I am still very thrilled with it and believe he did a better job then LB could have.

foodie100

Rough_Rock
I priced for just the setting, reusing my own diamonds and they quoted me $3400 Plus $500 setting fee. I paid $3675 with DK which included .62cts for trapezoids and .15cts of round melee. That is why I skipped over them and redesigned my ring (again) with similar elements LB has, I am still very thrilled with it and believe he did a better job then LB could have.

Thank you, that is incredibly helpful. I was looking at their six prong round solitaire setting. The prongs are just so incredibly dainty.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, that is incredibly helpful. I was looking at their six prong round solitaire setting. The prongs are just so incredibly dainty.

Get with DK, for a solitaire he will so much cheaper and does fantastic claw prongs. He can even do the wire setting just like LB

you can see the dainty claw prongs here, for reference this stone is 4.6cts

this was the first setting he did but you can see he is consistent with the prongs

foodie100

Rough_Rock
Get with DK, for a solitaire he will so much cheaper and does fantastic claw prongs. He can even do the wire setting just like LB

2036E0CB-B803-47B9-B887-1745C6DD2E10.jpeg

you can see the dainty claw prongs here, for reference this stone is 4.6cts

A2BA0FA2-816F-429B-A0C2-8F198911B30D.jpeg

this was the first setting he did but you can see he is consistent with the prongs

Beautiful indeed. What/who is DK?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass in Los Angeles.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results