shape
carat
color
clarity

Lauren B. Lepozzi Workmanship

GPS

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I am interested in getting some insider insight regarding the quality of Lauren B. Lepozzi Settings.

Is anyone familiar with this particular collection? Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I am also considering a setting from Leibish & Co. as well as Brian Gavin.

If you all could share your knowledge and expertise to help point me in the right direction I would be forever grateful!

Cheers!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post your inspiration setting?

BGD have good craftsmanship, better than Lauren B and Leibish in my opinion. However, there are other designers that can produce beautiful settings as well. Also, do you have a center stone?

Reactions: GPS

oval_seeker

Rough_Rock
Most here will tell you to stick to PS approved vendors and I have not seen much on PS about Lauren B good or bad, but I have a Lauren B Lepozzi setting and I’m very happy with the craftsmanship.

Lepozzi settings are all custom made by hand for your stone(s) and not made from cast. If you are interested in their styles or combing elements of their styles to make something your own I would suggest checking them out, go and see them in person if you can and see what you think. I would not use them if you want to design something completely unique and off the cuff, they really excel at the classic styles and variations of what you will see on their website. I also like that all of their settings can be done to allow a flush fit band which was important to me in my search.

Prior to working with Lauren B I had ordered another “custom” setting and returned it, Lauren B’s quality is much better than what I returned. Pricing will be less than VC, MH, SK but definitely more than a setting from JA or similar. They were responsive and worked within our very short time frame to provide a very nice product.

My ring is a 2.05ct H SI1 oval with .3 pear side stones. Oval is from Yekutiel but LB sourced my pears and I’m happy with the match and thrilled with the setting.
F74DE6AA-0C10-4656-B3E3-D86DE417837F.jpeg C72E7368-EF92-4843-9B1B-36FD43853FFA.jpeg

GPS

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR REPLIES! :)

I am currently deliberating between two shapes. I have a setting in mind for both options, and I am hoping to make a determination as to which setting has better quality in order to better make a decision between the two stone shapes.

In short, I am intrigued by BGD's new Emerald Cuts with their supposedly ideal light performance. Prior to their debut, however, I was looking for a pear shape. The obstacle that I encountered while looking for a pear shape is that there are no cutters who currently produce stones designed for maximum light performance. I understand that the shape itself poses a challenge for cutters. I would like a stone that is cut extraordinarily well, but it seems as though I may be SOL if I am intent on sourcing a pear shape. Thus, I am left considering a change in shape (i.e. BGD’s new Emerald Cuts).

I know that round stones are the best in terms of light performance, but she wants something unique. As such, I am conducting my due diligence and identifying the pros/cons of each aforementioned option (#1 – Hunt for a pear shape with as-good-as-possible light performance which I will likely set in a design by Lauren B (her original design with a lovely aesthetic); #2 – Select a BGD Emerald with ideal light performance which I will likely set in a design by Leibish that caught my eye (though I know little regarding the workmanship of their settings)).

Any additional insight, comments, or ideas are wholeheartedly welcomed!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GPS do you know the kind of shape your significant other likes?

I would not purchase something that is not what she likes.

Also, if you get the diamond from BGD, please have it set by them. I would not have Leibish set it, their settings are really not that special and I have one btw. Can you share the inspiration setting? Do you know if she would like it? Also, bgd will take responsibility for the stone during the setting process.

You are correct in your assumption that pear diamonds do not perform as well when compared to rounds, or other "ideal cut" diamonds. Nonetheless, they are beautiful. They are some really pretty vintage/chunky pear diamonds as well on the market. Here is one posted by a fellow PSer: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-antique-pear-vc-emilya.234955/#post-4235093

GPS

Rough_Rock
Thank you Simone!

I am certain that she would like either option as both are unique, elegant, and beautiful. She has subtly stated that she prefers these two shapes (pear and emerald) over round, princess, and cushion.

My conundrum is this:

If I go with a pear, I know it may not perform as well, but the stone is a brilliant cut by definition. Assuming the stone is cut well (about 1.5 carats) it should have nice fire/scintillation that would presumably catch the eye.
If I go with a BGD Emerald I know the stone will be cut for maximum light performance. While the step cut handles light differently, I am sure the stone would still be impressive (some BGD advocates might argue stunning beyond comparison)

In either case, I can dress up the stone with a nice setting. That said, I am trying to determine which option would likely be more eye-catching and impressive.

Thank you again for all of your help! This is a wonderful resource!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is your budget....to give us a sense of the size here. That may help inform the "impressive" factor.

But, I'm not sure either is unique per se. I'd call an Asscher much more unique shape and yet retains the step cut beauty of an EC. But, they need to have some size to really strut their stuff.

Tycoon Cut (swoon). http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php/jewelry/177ct-f-si1-tycoon-cut-diamond-gia-r7600

Standard Asscher. http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/ind...ond-257ct-l-vs1-asscher-cut-diamond-gia-r6350

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That makes no sense to me - an emerald cut has a completely different scintillation pattern to a pear, the emerald has broad flashes the pear has a fine smaller flashing faster scintillation pattern, if you want a decent cut pear contact Good Old Gold or if you want something else that gives you a good spread they are now custom cutting top performing ovals. Diamonds by Lauren get some decent looking pears and emerald cuts from time to time too. You need to go and look at a range of stones and work out what you or your partner prefer in the type of cut before anything else.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results