shape
carat
color
clarity

Last Minute Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
My wedding is coming up in about a month and I have a few things I''m still not sure about. I''d love anyone''s feedback and opinions...

1) Do I have to print wedding programs? This will be a catholic wedding with no mass and my side is not catholic. We are making it as short and sweet as possible... is it unheard of to not print them? Would anyone miss them? One of my bridesmaids seemed appalled that I would skip them but she isn''t really in on proper ettiquette and has only been to 2 weddings so I don''t know.

2) Who gives toasts at the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception? Are the parents obligated to? My parents just aren''t good at public speaking but I don''t want it to look bad if FI''s dad gives one but my dad does not... or if FI''s dad gives one and I ask my uncle or someone else to do one.

3) I am planning on having a "bridal luncheon" the day before the wedding. I only have 2 bridesmaids now (1 flaked out on me) so is it neccessary to send them an invitation or can I just let them know? It will only be the 3 of us going and I was planning on going after we all get our nails done that day. It doesn''t really see formal enough to me to send invitations.

Ok, I think thats all for now. Please let me know what you think!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 11:59:04 AM
Author:oobiecoo
My wedding is coming up in about a month and I have a few things I''m still not sure about. I''d love anyone''s feedback and opinions...

1) Do I have to print wedding programs? This will be a catholic wedding with no mass and my side is not catholic. We are making it as short and sweet as possible... is it unheard of to not print them? Would anyone miss them? One of my bridesmaids seemed appalled that I would skip them but she isn''t really in on proper ettiquette and has only been to 2 weddings so I don''t know.

I''m not catholic, but I have never been to a wedding in the US or the UK where you didn''t have an Order of Service.

2) Who gives toasts at the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception? Are the parents obligated to? My parents just aren''t good at public speaking but I don''t want it to look bad if FI''s dad gives one but my dad does not... or if FI''s dad gives one and I ask my uncle or someone else to do one.

Not sure about the US, but in the UK the bride''s father, the groom and the bestman give speeches (they last about 50 minutes total and are a HUGE part of formal English weddings).

3) I am planning on having a ''bridal luncheon'' the day before the wedding. I only have 2 bridesmaids now (1 flaked out on me) so is it neccessary to send them an invitation or can I just let them know? It will only be the 3 of us going and I was planning on going after we all get our nails done that day. It doesn''t really see formal enough to me to send invitations.

I''d just let them know.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

3) I am planning on having a ''bridal luncheon'' the day before the wedding. I only have 2 bridesmaids now (1 flaked out on me) so is it neccessary to send them an invitation or can I just let them know? It will only be the 3 of us going and I was planning on going after we all get our nails done that day. It doesn''t really see formal enough to me to send invitations.

1. I think it''s up to you. Do you want programs? It''s your wedding. I went to a wedding without them. How much does etiquette matter to you? Knot Q&A
2. Not sure about that one, but Pandora answered it.
3. I agree, just let them know. Invitations are not necessary, but if you want to do them it''d be fine.

sera

Ideal_Rock
About Q1, you don''t have to do anything, but it might be nice to have. Even though your wedding is going to be short and sweet, if I were a guest I would like to know it''s going to be short and sweet.

Q2, idk.

Q3... I don''t think it''s needed- you could just let them know. Unless you just want to send them a cute little invite just for fun.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. I''m not doing them. Save a tree.
2.gif

2. Best man and Maid of Honor traditionally I THINK. But really, doesn''t matter. Do what you want.
3. Send an email or an e-vite. Or make a phone call.

I don''t believe in stressing myself out with details like this though. My fiance is making a speech, our BM and MOH are. That''s it that I know of.

I''m sending e-vites for the rehearsal dinner cause I can''t be bothered to kill yet another tree for this wedding.

I''m not doing menus. People will figure it out when served.

I''m not having a BM luncheon, I only have one attendant for a REASON. No extra work.
2.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
re: #1 - i was thinking of having one displayed at the guest table instead of making one for everyone

and if you have a website you can put the info on there too so that people know ahead of time. then also having one at the guest table would let those who didn't check the website know what the order of events are.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

1. I''m not catholic either, but having been to weddings in the catholic church, there were no Orders of Service at any of them. Some protestant weddings have them too, but not very many anymore. Save yourself the trouble.

2. I''ve never been to a rehearsal dinner where anyone spoke - very casual. At the reception, it''s customary here for the bride''s dad to welcome his new SIL to the family, and FIL to welcome the bride to theirs. My husband would rather face a firing squad than give a speech so at DD''s weddings, our DS did the job; but for DS''s wedding, DH and I sad down and wrote a very short humorous speech and he did very well. At the most recent wedding we attended, both the bride and groom spoke as well.

3. I don''t think an invite is necessary for a bridal luncheon. Just a phone call or e-mail to tell your BM''s of the plan.

Enjoy!! Easier said than done, but.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results