shape
carat
color
clarity

Last minute question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jddiamond

Rough_Rock
Here''s anoter last minute question, thanks again in advance
I was looking at 1.5ct RB H VS2, ex polish, ex symm. ideal cut
I found a 1.5 ct RB G SI1, vg polish, ex symm, ideal cut. ($1200 less)
If the SI1 is "eyeclean", I, as a novice, will see no differnece in the stones, given all other measurements are similar, correct?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
JD,

Proportion data, not to mention reflector images, would help to confirm they are equivalent, or even similar performers...beyond the description that they are both ideal.

Also, given direct comparison...I think if given a choice, you could differentiate positively the G from the H.

I don't know that an expert, much less a novice, would notice the hit for polish.

All things being equal...if as you say the G is eye clean, the advantage does go to it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Ira. If you can show (with Idealscope images) that the G and H are truly equivalent in terms of ideal cut, then I can safely say that I will go for the G because almost all regular folks will not be able to distinguish a VG polish over a Ex polish. Do make sure that the vendor''s definition of eye clean is the same as yours. Some consumer''s idea of eye clean means 6 inches away from the stone, or must be eye clean from the sides as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results