shape
carat
color
clarity

Laser Inscription Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brt_mbl

Rough_Rock
At what Power should one be able to see a laser inscription on a diamond, and where is it usually located? This is for the number on a certified stone. Thanks for any help.
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can read most of them with 10x, but occasionally the font size is small enough to need more. We have a 20X or 30x loupe for these when needed. Of course, it is easier to read in a binocular microscope with good lighting than it is with any hand held loupe.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Tell me if you can find yours because I can''t find mine! I''m not even sure where to look! hahaha

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I can''t see a thing with 10x loop. I bought a 20x loupe and can see them quite easily. I have more than 1 diamond laser inscribed and with the 20x can see it. Its on the girdle. I look at one side, if I don''t see it, spin the dimaond to the next side etc. Once you locate it the first time, its easier after that.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm i''ll have to try and find a 20x loupe then. Where did you get yours from if you don''t mind me asking? I have a 10x right now but like you said I can''t see a thing with it!

brt_mbl

Rough_Rock
I can''t find it with a 10x, 20x or 30x... I am hoping it is obscured by the setting, even though it is a simple 4 prong. I am starting to get worried now.
23.gif

Starky

Rough_Rock
If theres a local Jeweler in your area maybe you can call them and have them try to find it with those really high magnification microscopes they have. Thats what I''m going to do tommorow because I can''t see mines with the loupe, so I called the jeweler by my house and he said theres no charge for that its pretty visible with the microscope. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results