shape
carat
color
clarity

Laser Inscription - Decreases Value?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zapato

Rough_Rock
Two questions:

1. I just came across a diamond with a laser inscription of "canadian [symbol] product" inscribd in the girdle. Is this anything to be concerned about? Does it decrease the value of the stone???

2. What are the dangers of a very thin to thick (faceted) girdle? i''m thinking about a pave halo setting.

Thanks!!! Y''all are great!
19.gif

togal

Shiny_Rock
Here is a link to answer question #1. My diamond is laser inscribed with a serial number and it doesn''t affect the value.

I''ll defer to someone more knowledgeable to answer question #2

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Many people like to buy genuine products of Canada and therefore like that mark. It''s usually accompanied by a report from the Government of the Northwest Territories and, for certain customers, this raises the value. For others it will have no affect but there will be very few that would consider this to be a problem.

Ask the person who is going to be doing the setting about durability concerns with the girdle for the specific mounting you have in mind. It might be a problem, it might not. Probably not.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results