shape
carat
color
clarity

Large Round Locket, Commemorating Mom

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

My mom wore a gold locket with images of her parents for 40 years. I think this is an excellent idea, and since my darling mom passed away 19 weeks ago, I now keep her picture close to my heart in this locket. I have a photo of my parents together on the left, in South Beach Miami, January 2012. The picture on the right is from Christmas 1995.

Anyway, I bought the locket at my local jeweler and it's excellent quality, as far as I can see. It's solid sterling silver and has plastic discs to put over the photos, and a very satisfying "snap" when the locket closes. It came on a thick 22-inch chain. All this for just $110, which I thought was a good price.

I hope you like the photos. The camera picked up some scratches; in real life it looks pristine.

gedc3635.jpg

gedc3637.jpg

gedc3640.jpg

gedc3642.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
That is a lovely locket, and a beautiful way to keep your Mum always close.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful way of honoring your mother's memory! It really is a lovely locket, and I hope it gives you comfort when wearing it. <hugs>

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful piece, and a wonderful way to keep your parents close. It sounds like wearing it is bringing you comfort. I am so very sorry for your loss.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely locket and what a great price as well! It is a lovely keepsake to hold your pictures and as a tribute to her. I am so sorry you lost her. Losing your mom is such a hard thing. I have never stopped wanting to talk to mine and she has been gone for ten years.
A beautiful piece to wear close to your heart!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
That's a lovely way to commemorate your mom. It's a beautiful locket, and I am sorry for your loss.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Lovely way to keep your mom with you. Your locket is beautiful. Sorry for your loss.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is really beautiful. You Mom is right on your heart- I'm sure your heart is heavy, I'm so sorry for your loss. She has a lovely smile in the photo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jane, what a beautiful locket and a lovely way to keep your mom (and dad) close to your heart. May you wear with happy memories of your dear mother. {Hugs} and best wishes.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. I lost my mom several months ago and did the same. It feels so good to have her photo on me the days that I wear it.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the kind comments.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful, the design is great, and the definite "snap" is a good sign when it closes. May your mother rest in peace, lovely idea for keeping her close to your heart.

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
I am incredibly sorry for your loss... I love this idea, what a special way to keep your Mom close, it's beautiful!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lovely locket and a wonderful way to remember your mother.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's a very nice locket, so sorry for your loss.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. A lovely way to keep your mum close to your heart.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
mrs taylor|1408590561|3736632 said:
I love it. I lost my mom several months ago and did the same. It feels so good to have her photo on me the days that I wear it.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mrs Taylor. xxxxxxx

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is so beautiful...

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
I finally got the locket engraved on the back. It's the wording from my maternal grandparents' gravestone; they died in 1990 and my mother's name and dates were added to the stone in September when we interred her ashes in the same plot. Here are the two wordings, on the stone and on the locket. (This is the best photo I could get of the locket's engraving.)

photo_1063.jpg

photo_1064.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous locket and lovely engraving!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
That is just beautiful.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty locket and what a wonderful way to keep you mom close to your heart.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Marcy, I've just seen now that you replied to this on Christmas. Thanks very much xxxx

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and meaningful locket!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad this thread was refreshed. That's a gorgeous locket. My mother had a beautiful locket (a lock of her hair on one side and her photo on the other) that went to my sister in law on the birth of her first child. After her passing I decided not to lose sleep over the locket and bought my own antique one - It's an open one - with a picture of our two daughters on one side and my mother on the other. Lockets can be such meanigful pieces of jewelery.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sentiment & locket.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so sweet! I love the idea!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Lovely Jane :))

A great tradition...