shape
carat
color
clarity

Large Abstract Ruby & 14K Gold Ring signed Kimberly

bizzarrea

Rough_Rock
Hello. I have an extremely unusual, gorgeous colored, abstract ruby and 14k ring signed Kimberly. I know nothing about rubies except that I love them. Does anyone have any idea what type of ruby this is based on the photos? Any help in valuation is extremely appreciated.

Thank you!
Sarah

img_13345.jpg

img_13346.jpg

img_13347.jpg

img_13348.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Similar to your other post, I'm very doubtful that it's an actual ruby. How do you know that it is real?

bizzarrea

Rough_Rock
Hello, thank you very much. earlier today, I took it to a pawn shop to ask if it was a ruby. They put it in a machine that analyzed it. The machine told them that it is a ruby. The man said to me "it has a very unique color and shape". The man that tested it showed it to two other people. . They were surprised it was a ruby. They offered to buy it, but wouldn't tell me the value.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
To know it's authenticity (real vs synthetic, treated vs natural ruby, colored glass or ???) would mean sending it to a gemological service........AGL is recognized as a leader in assessing colored gems. Good luck and let us know what they determine if you send it in!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
digdeep|1478315854|4093927 said:
To know it's authenticity (real vs synthetic, treated vs natural ruby, colored glass or ???) would mean sending it to a gemological service........AGL is recognized as a leader in assessing colored gems. Good luck and let us know what they determine if you send it in!

Yup, I totally agree with you Digdeep!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results