shape
carat
color
clarity

Laptop Messenger-style Bags - Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really need something to carry my laptop in before I break it.

Does anyone know of any places that have cute (not uber-professional looking, just classic and stylish) messenger-style bags that can hold laptops?

I''m at a loss!

Checked out Moosejaw but it was a bit too sporty.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Though it seems like I see them everywhere from Louis Vuitton to Target, I''d guess that online is your best bet.

How about CoolComputerBags.com ? They seem to have a pretty good range of materials, sizes, and prices!

f-d-l

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much both of you! That is a HUGE help!

SplitShank - You totally hit the style I was looking for right on the head! Perfect! I''ll mull over it for a couple more days and hopefully make a decision. Awesome prices, also!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
This is what I have http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S5G7MC

I LOVE IT! It has a little ''wristlet'' that matches to stow all your USB cables, and a mouse if you use one.

There are like, so many many many pockets... I''ve yet to fill them all up... and it''s very comfortable, worn across the body, or just over a shoulder... and is very easy to quickly adjust between the two.

That listing was the cheapest price I found online when I purchased mine, but there may be places that have it for less now... and of course there are other colors!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I''m going to get way to carried away with this, but bags are my obsession and laptop bags are no exception :D Ebags.com has a cool Laptop Bag Finder that you should check out too!

I also did some digging around and it turns out that you work at a law firm. Thus, you will want something sophisticated and fashionable but also durable and conservative. Right? Okay, I''m going off that assumption, but I may post some wildcards for fun!

I''ll start with a few Piel bags, great classic look and what looks to be nice supple leather as well.

Piel Urban Messenger Brief

pielurban.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Next up is the Osgoode Marley Cashmere European Messenger. This vertically oriented messenger is super sexy. But check out the dimensions, I'm not sure if it will work for larger laptops. Either way it is still a great looking bag!

OsgoodeCashmere.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Gotta love Bosca''s Modern Messenger. What a classy look! But you get what you pay for and at 300+ this one might break the bank!

BoscaModern.png

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
David King has a stylish and simplistic East West messenger. I love a diamond set east/west, so why not a lappy bag too?

DavidKingEastWest.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
So here I am making the assumption that you''d prefer leather-fabric bags can be just as much as fun! Here''s Sumdex''s Jennifer City Case II. It comes in light grey and black too, in case you wanted a more neutral look. Ebags is running a promotion right now and the bag is only $35.99 with free shipping. Substance and style at a great price! I also like that you can take off the straps and hold it with its attached handles as well.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a picture of the Sumdex

SumdexJennifer.png

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I really really love my Pinder Bags. I have both a Thin, which can be carried messenger-style, and a Giddy Up, which isn''t messenger-style but can hold more stuff. The Thin is very small and lightweight. Both are fantastic quality and the Giddy Up has even held up to my law school textbooks while still keeping my laptop safe and sound
1.gif
They ship super fast, too, I think I had mine within 3-4 days of placing my order each time. Can you tell I like them?

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
So here''s a wildcard! This Modern Union Bud Bag is where form meets function! Aside from the removable laptop sleeve, check out all these other great features:

- Straps at bottom of bag are designed to carry a yoga mat
- Straps can also be used for jacket, umbrella or more
- Multiple pockets inside bag make for easy organization
- Sleek magnetic closures strong enough to hold bag closed and easy to open
- Water bottle & phone pockets on outside of bag for easy access
- Padded shoulder strap for comfort
- Designer fabric on front flap of the bag unique only to Modern Union bags
- Aluminum key ring holder inside of bag
- Easy access to computer via top of sleeve
- Plush stylized dot pattern on inside of sleeve to prevent scratches
- Removable interior padding to accommodate different laptop sizes (up to 15.4")

Other style and color combinations are available as well.

ModernUnion.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Try Franklin Covey stores or on line...quality,affordable and good warreny(1 year warrenty on leather goods)

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 1:06:53 AM
Author: Octavia
I really really love my Pinder Bags. I have both a Thin, which can be carried messenger-style, and a Giddy Up, which isn''t messenger-style but can hold more stuff. The Thin is very small and lightweight. Both are fantastic quality and the Giddy Up has even held up to my law school textbooks while still keeping my laptop safe and sound
1.gif
They ship super fast, too, I think I had mine within 3-4 days of placing my order each time. Can you tell I like them?

Oooh, Octavia, I bought FI a Pinder bag! He loved his super thin bag. Unfortunately, though after about 6 months the bag started wearing out and ripping in one corner. However, their customer support has been pretty good and as soon he gets off his lazy butt and sends in the defective bag, they will send him a new one. However, I have to say, I find them to bit a little bland for my taste. Works really well for FI, though, he raves about it!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 1:12:37 AM
Author: somehowcollide

1.gif

Oooh, Octavia, I bought FI a Pinder bag! He loved his super thin bag. Unfortunately, though after about 6 months the bag started wearing out and ripping in one corner. However, their customer support has been pretty good and as soon he gets off his lazy butt and sends in the defective bag, they will send him a new one. However, I have to say, I find them to bit a little bland for my taste. Works really well for FI, though, he raves about it!

How odd, I beat the heck out of my bags and they''re still in really great shape (knock on wood). They''re supposed to have a lifetime warranty, so hopefully he will get a new one that will wear better! I agree that they aren''t the flashiest of bags, but I kind of like that because my school isn''t in the best area and I didn''t want something that would attract too much attention. I do looove the lime green lining in my Giddy Up, though.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 1:44:00 AM
Date: 9/6/2008 1:12:37 AM

Author: somehowcollide

1.gif

How odd, I beat the heck out of my bags and they''re still in really great shape (knock on wood). They''re supposed to have a lifetime warranty, so hopefully he will get a new one that will wear better! I agree that they aren''t the flashiest of bags, but I kind of like that because my school isn''t in the best area and I didn''t want something that would attract too much attention. I do looove the lime green lining in my Giddy Up, though.

You know what Octavia, sometimes more=less. Pinder is definitely sleek and functional.

Elledizzy, I have tons more suggestions, but I don''t want to overwhelm you. Let me know if I can find anything else for you or if you had specific parameters (size, color, price, material, orientation, etc)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somehow -Overwhlemed? Yes. Appreciative? Very much so! Super cute suggestions! Thank you so much! I don''t know why I was having such a hard time finding stuff online that I liked, it seems all of you have done a great job finding stuff that I love.

Thanks!

sna77

Brilliant_Rock
a pic... comes in black, brown, navy and orange

jsmessengerbag.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought the Pinder bag in black and with lavendar trim.

I''m excited about it! I wanted to overnight it, but the shipping would have cost more than the bag.
6.gif

So I did UPS priority and it will be here in 2-3 business days! Yay!

Thanks guys! I love PS! There is always an expert on everything around here!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 11:04:39 AM
Author: elledizzy5
I bought the Pinder bag in black and with lavendar trim.

I'm excited about it! I wanted to overnight it, but the shipping would have cost more than the bag.
6.gif

So I did UPS priority and it will be here in 2-3 business days! Yay!

Thanks guys! I love PS! There is always an expert on everything around here!

Yay you got a Pinder!! FI will be so happy
20.gif
Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results