shape
carat
color
clarity

Lady in WAITING

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies!
So like most of you, I’ve been lurking for a long time, about a year. I finally took the plunge and this is my 1st post. Hoping to get some advice on keeping myself composed for the time being. My BF and I have been together for 2 ½ years, we live together and are on the same page that we are going to get married. A few months ago we finally developed a time frame for an upcoming engagement that would have it coming sometime before the beginning of September. We talked about looking at rings, and being the diamond obsessed girl I am, I was VERY excited about this process. As time has gone on, BF has shown to be less than excited about physically going into a store. Since he’s slightly salesperson-phobic, I suggested we look online. So I looked online, found various examples of rings of the same style that I like- being very detailed about prongs, metal, setting, etc. (thank you pricescope for showing me the ways!) I emailed these examples to my BF several months ago to make his shopping process as painless and easy as possible, still while getting the ring I love. He mentioned he saw the email and will be hanging onto it and actually thanked me for giving him clear examples.

I don’t want to pester the poor guy, I know he has the right intentions and will come through. This is a very exciting time for a girl, and it''s natural to be excited about the future diamond on your hand! I’m sure you understand when I say that I’m getting a little antsy over here waiting for that magical moment. I told him I want it to be surprised and do not want to be involved in the making of the ring process, so I don’t really know about any progress. About a month ago he mentioned that said email was still in his inbox, that it was starred and he hasn’t done much else. I wish this was a cover up, but sadly I think he speaks the truth! I make the occasional joke about being ready for my special piece of jewelry, but other than that don’t think it’s necessary to have a big talk about it. I just have ants in my pants, how do I keep my cool ladies??? It seems many girls have the “go to the store together” or “know the ring is in the house” experience which is not how it’s happening in this house! It’s all a mystery waiting game for me. Have any of you been through this?

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
I understand how u feel completely, however, i am finally past that point! so patience is key!! I know how antsy a girl can become, im antsy everytime i think about which is at least 5 times a day lol..

I had mentioned to my boyfriend about engagement and all and he said yea he definately wanted to do it. He knows i am the one and he knows he will marry me. The next step for us was picking things out online so i can show him exactly what i wanted.. I was home on my computer, and he was home on his computer and we were on the site at the same time. I sent him a link of the ring that i wanted and he sent me the link of the one he thought i would want ( u pick out the diamond, and band seperately)... weird enough, WE PICKED THE SAME SIZE DIAMOND, SAME SIZE BAND, SAME STYLE OF BAND! it was soooo weird...

anyways...

a couple months went by and i brought up the engagement again.. asking when he wanted to be engaged by (so i had an idea of when he was planning to get all of this done by) Hes like.. well be engaged by the end of this year (2010)... so.. i said.. ok did u pick my ring out yet? he said he had ideas but he didnt buy it yet.. so a few days afterwards, still no change, i took a hissyfit saying that maybe we werent on the same page, he should have went ring shopping already blahty blah blah.. i was pms''ing and extremely emotional hahaha... anyways, it kicked his butt in overdrive and the next day while at work he told me we were going ring shopping after work.. YAY!!!

So.. we went to the chain dimaond stores (zales, kays, etc) and i couldn find anything i LOVED.. so we went to a local popular diamond store.. and i fell in love!.. we found a 1.002 carat round diamond... 3600$$ (however, because i told the guy that i found a cheaper one at kays for 600$ less, he said he would match the price plus more and took the price down to 2600$$) and a 18k white gold cathedral setting band, 4 prong, middle set... total was 3000$ together...I wasssssssssss soooooooooooooo happy.

Now.. there is only 1 payment left on the ring, and he said the proposal will be before the end of this year.. i know he is paying the remainder off at the end of this mnth (june) which is in a few days.... So... i have a timeframe of 6 months and i jump in my seat with excitement everytime i think of it..

Some guys just need more time then others, but im sure hes probably doing things behind ur back that u dont know about ;-) goodluck!

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
Funny, except for the years of dating - we're the same. We talked about styles, he wants it to be a complete and total surprise. I'm going nuts sense we "talked" about 3 months ago.

I got a hint the other day, I told him about a jeweler a GF and I went to that I lovvvved and he was like "cool your jets, I got people already" AHHHHH EEEEPS @(#$&%#$(*

so exciting. I agree with nicole. You will be antsy, ants in your pants, crazy, ridiculous anxious. Its all part of the process. However, he'll drop hints no matter how sly he is because believe it or not he is just as excited and loves to see your face light up when you hear one. :)

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Aww, thanks for all your encouragement ladies! We can all hang tight together! I''ve since gotten an "it''s a priority" from BF. I like those words! Nicoleben, I love your story about looking online and choosing the same ring- so cute! Looking forward to reading your updates!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

I''m in the same situation except I have no real timeline at all
7.gif
. We''ve talked and he said he really wants to get engaged and would have been by now except for the money. Now he''s saying it will be sometime after we live together and we''re looking for an apartment as we speak so hopefully it won''t be to long.

My BF wants it to be a complete surprise and so do I so I''m completely in the dark and waiting just like you. It''s driving me crazy! The only thing that makes me feel a little less antsy is talking to everyone on here so hopefully we can help you
2.gif

Keep us updated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results