shape
carat
color
clarity

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper Ummmmmmm.....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you think she’s in love with him and that’s why she broke off her engagement? If that was your boyfriend of three years on stage getting all gooey within a costar...would that bother you? I know people would say it was an act..but I don’t know. I think she’s in love with him..I think he knows it but wonder if his girlfriend has been feeling concerned..

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes actors have really good on-screen chemistry, sometimes not. Clearly they do!
I don't get the impression that it's more than that, though.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They do have amazing chemistry which makes for an excellent movie. :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s working because I really want to see the movie now...Has anyone seen it?

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed the movie more than I expected to.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed the movie more than I expected to.

I enjoyed it immensely until ***SPOILER ALERT*** (text is in white, highlight to make visible)

things started to go sour for Jackson. It was only then that I remembered how the story goes. I left the theater feeling depressed! Here's an idea: for the 5th rendition of this movie, how about they make the couple live happily ever after? Do we really need the sad ending for this movie to be great?

The best part of the Oscar performance for me was seeing the characters together again. I think it was all acting. This isn't to say that Cooper and Lady Gaga don't have a special bond but I believe it's from having made art, not being in true love. The camera was angled close-up to their faces and towards the audience to evoke the same sentiments as the movie. The loving gaze was pre-planned, not something that the camera just happened to catch.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually scrolled up past your post because it said spoiler alert and I didn’t see the movie yet! I’ll have to watch it before I read it!:eek2:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually scrolled up past your post because it said spoiler alert and I didn’t see the movie yet! I’ll have to watch it before I read it!:eek2:

Sorry about that! I changed the spoiler part to white text so that it's easier to skim over without accidentally reading.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry about that! I changed the spoiler part to white text so that it's easier to skim over without accidentally reading.
Thanks! I was in Giant today and they had the movie there but I’ll look On Demand and see if they have it!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... I think it was done for the cameras and yes, perhaps a little in poor taste with his girlfriend right there watching but it's just publicity, nothing real.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... I think it was done for the cameras and yes, perhaps a little in poor taste with his girlfriend right there watching but it's just publicity, nothing real.
I hope not..I felt so bad for her...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't think she's in love with him, nor he with her. I've seen them both (inadvertently on youtube) on their press junkets and good grief the gushing and the fakeness on both their parts! They play very well together. It's a pretty fantastic facade, they've been pot committed this entire time, and are making a shit ton of money selling the romance of it all. (Yes, it sucks to be a cynic...:eek2:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no thoughts about this as I am not up on pop culture generally and also know that much of what we read in the media is not true and more for sensationalism and to get subscribers/readers than anything. This does make me think of how Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt met and fell in love on a movie set (and look where they are now). In any case many Hollywood couples are temporary so wait a minute and odds are the couple situation will change for many.

Looking forward to seeing the movie though because after reading what many of you have written I want to see it. I loved the original (as sad as it was) but have never seen any of the remakes.

For those of you who have seen the past remakes and the current one how would you say it compares?
@redwood66 thanks for sharing your thoughts haha just reading your reply. Sounds like a very positive endorsement.:appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s working because I really want to see the movie now...Has anyone seen it?

I saw it a few months ago, and the huge amount of gratuitous swearing spoiled it for me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw it a few months ago, and the huge amount of gratuitous swearing spoiled it for me.
Ugh...I really hate that...Thanks for the warning..I’m a flincher when a tirade of bad swearing happens! :P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh...I really hate that...Thanks for the warning..I’m a flincher when a tirade of bad swearing happens! :P2

Gratuitous swearing (while not my favorite) does not bother me as much as violence does. I hate hate hate seeing so much violence in so many movies. It's almost like we are desensitized to violence above everything else. I would much rather hear swear words than see violence.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gratuitous swearing (while not my favorite) does not bother me as much as violence does. I hate hate hate seeing so much violence in so many movies. It's almost like we are desensitized to violence above everything else. I would much rather hear swear words than see violence.
That’s true @missy..I won’t watch a movie if there’s a lot of violence. My husband knows not to even ask me to watch certain movies..I can’t even watch war movies..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s true @missy..I won’t watch a movie if there’s a lot of violence. My husband knows not to even ask me to watch certain movies..I can’t even watch war movies..

Same. My dh warns me ahead of time if we are watching anything particularly violent and I just do something else while it is happening and then he lets me know when it is safe to look up again. That and any animals being hurt or dying on screen I just cannot bear.

I think I might be the only person around who couldn't bear to watch March of the Penguins and started crying hysterically in the movie theater when they let the little baby penguin die...:cry2::cry2::cry2:
That movie traumatized me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same. My dh warns me ahead of time if we are watching anything particularly violent and I just do something else while it is happening and then he lets me know when it is safe to look up again. That and any animals being hurt or dying on screen I just cannot bear.

I think I might be the only person around who couldn't bear to watch March of the Penguins and started crying hysterically in the movie theater when they let the little baby penguin die...:cry2::cry2::cry2:
That’s me too Missy..My husband will always tell me it’s just a movie Joanne but I still cry...I cried hysterically during the movie Marley & Me when he died at the end. There was a man sitting next to me with his kids who was crying too. He turned to me and said he had just lost his dog. The two of us were blubbering..It was crazy. The next day I drove around looking for a puppy to adopt..and he looks like Marley....my sweet Bailey Bean...:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s me too Missy..My husband will always tell me it’s just a movie Joanne but I still cry...I cried hysterically during the movie Marley & Me when he died at the end. There was a man sitting next to me with his kids who was crying too. He turned to me and said he had just lost his dog. The two of us were blubbering..It was crazy. The next day I drive around looking for a puppy to adopt..and he looks like Marley....my sweet Bailey Bean...:love:

Yeah I could not even watch that movie. After "March of the Penguins" I just refuse to watch any movies where I know animals die. Especially if it is a real life movie or based on real life. Life is upsetting enough I don't need to add to my angst.::)

But haha I have to add that if it is just a movie based on fiction and somehow I am watching it (didn't realize animals were going to die) I keep asking my dh during the movie it's not real right, it didn't happen right? Haha yes I am kooky but it calms me knowing it isn't real.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Queen opening and the Gaga-Cooper duet were one of the best Oscar show performances in a very, very long time.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with you @missy and @Mamabean .
I swore off horror movies in 1984, after someone insisted that I watch a slasher movie. Also, anything with gratuitous violence and violence against women.
I cannot stand scenes where people, especially women, are tied up.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty sure they're just acting and selling the movie at the same time. I didn't see it, but it's not my kind of movie. I like action and mystery/horror (not slasher) movies. Love stories put me to sleep.

I saw the video of their performance but all I could notice was that yellow diamond!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Omg
Horrible

Am I the only one who can’t watch sex scenes?? I either feel there is chemistry between the actors and it is none of my business to be watching them, or I feel uncomfortable because they are acting and are probably not that comfortable themselves. A no-win no-win situation. And violence, can’t watch. Animals? OMG.
Let’s just say I forward through a lot of films at home and could not IMAGINE going to the movies with a friend or SO!

Meanwhile, who is Bradley Cooper?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg
Horrible

Am I the only one who can’t watch sex scenes?? I either feel there is chemistry between the actors and it is none of my business to be watching them, or I feel uncomfortable because they are acting and are probably not that comfortable themselves. A no-win no-win situation. And violence, can’t watch. Animals? OMG.
Let’s just say I forward through a lot of films at home and could not IMAGINE going to the movies with a friend or SO!

Meanwhile, who is Bradley Cooper?

Haha yeah I’m not entirely sure who he is but I have seen him in some good movies. Just can’t place him. :P2
As for sex scenes I’d rather see that (if in a loving not violent way) than gory violence. Expressions of love are AOK in my book. Though yes if graphic I can feel like I’m invading their privacy so it can be a bit uncomfortable that way. I agree I prefer to use my imagination with love making at least before it gets too graphic.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went to the movie Shades of Gray with a friend who begged me to go.. I’ll never do that again....:eek2: It was so embarrassing to be sitting there with her..We’re not even that close..

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Glad it’s not just me, I spoke to some younger women, and they said they didn’t notice it. I personally don’t know anyone who uses the F word as every other word in a sentence.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm waiting for it to come out on streaming so haven't seen it yet. Looks interesting. I really enjoyed watching Silver Lining Playbook with him in the main role opposite Jennifer Lawrence. They looked absolutely smitten with each other when doing promos for that movie. Bradley Cooper is a good actor so he looks pretty convincing in his scenes with Lady Gaga. I'm sure it's all acting and they are doing a major push to promote the movie.

His gf had other high profile relationships so she's probably used to the attention and questions. They have a really cute daughter together too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results