shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, How many times have you upgraded your E-ring?

Halogirl1130

Shiny_Rock
I’ve upgraded twice. My first ring was a solitaire. Then a couple of years after being married, I reset my stone in a halo setting. Now I’m in the process of getting a new one again! I will post pictures of each in order. I will always keep my original diamond though! I want to make a 3 or 5 stone ring with it ASAP! Also, the stone is not set in the 3rd picture, it’s just sitting inside the setting!

Yes, my husband does get tired of hearing about it doesn’t want to be involved at all. He doesn’t understand why I like jewelry at all.

EC97AC90-AE80-4758-936D-3216909C00BA.png 22A54ADA-65EB-468E-A9ED-442588B0FB8B.png E04A0EC5-8AC3-454B-A00B-6A8B341F9098.jpeg

Last edited:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve upgraded twice. My first ring was a solitaire. Then a couple of years after being married, I reset my stone in a halo setting. Now I’m in the process of getting a new one again! I will post pictures of each in order. I will always keep my original diamond though! I want to make a 3 or 5 stone ring with it ASAP! Also, the stone is not set in the 3rd picture, it’s just sitting inside the setting!

Yes, my husband does get tired of hearing about it doesn’t want to be involved at all. He doesn’t understand why I like jewelry at all.

EC97AC90-AE80-4758-936D-3216909C00BA.png 22A54ADA-65EB-468E-A9ED-442588B0FB8B.png E04A0EC5-8AC3-454B-A00B-6A8B341F9098.jpeg

I absolutley love the new setting!!! Im not a big fan of halos, but that one could really change my mind!!! :D

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Will be married for 14 years the end of May as long as we survive this Corona lockdown with 4 kids...
I had my engagement ring setting completely remade, but did not upgrade any of the stones- had 4 teeny tiny stones added to the gallery but it still has the original stones from my original ring. The main stone is from a necklace that belonged to his grandmother, so there is no trading it in.

There is one very minor engraving tweak I would like to have done to the setting, but I don't know if it will ever happen- I can state with pretty good certainty that this is it for me.

IMG_0723.PNG IMG_0723.PNG

missindecision

Rough_Rock
Love this thread! I am on my third setting prior to the actual wedding (although the 2nd one was replaced partially due to a jeweler mistake). Most of the people I know think I’m totally crazy for being so obsessive and continuing to nitpick some of the tiny details. FH has been wonderful and said we can continue to upgrade in the future. I think someday I would like to trade my .8 RB in a halo for just a simple RB solitaire of about 1.5 cts. Already having anxiety over what that will cost though :cry2:

Lalola44

Rough_Rock
Love this thread! I am on my third setting prior to the actual wedding (although the 2nd one was replaced partially due to a jeweler mistake). Most of the people I know think I’m totally crazy for being so obsessive and continuing to nitpick some of the tiny details. FH has been wonderful and said we can continue to upgrade in the future. I think someday I would like to trade my .8 RB in a halo for just a simple RB solitaire of about 1.5 cts. Already having anxiety over what that will cost though :cry2:

You're not crazy in the least! Lol I'm in the process of designing my third pre-wedding e-ring setting too!!:lol-2:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to think about this one. @Dancing Fire do you mean trading in one diamond for another, or just buying a new diamond for an ering?

Husband #1

.75 E-I1 marquise from Granat Brothers in SF now in a pendant

1.50 F-VS1 marquise that my aunt brought back from the LA Diamond District. Now in an 80s RHR with 24 princess cuts

2.05 D-VS2 Oval from SF Gift Center. Always wanted a D colored stone but this one was cut deep and only faced up as a 1.75 ct.

Husband #2 (#1 had an affair with a married woman and dumped me).

3.01 F-SI1 pear, I traded in the 2.05 D-VS2 oval for it, loaned #2 the difference since he was dirt poor going through divorce with his #1 wife (who also had an affair and dumped him). Reused the mounting by swapping a oval peg head for a pear. Still wear this ring.

Discovered CBI diamonds from @Wink at HPD.

2.21 F-SI1 CBI cut to order set in Vatche setting with matching band.

2.79 F-VS1 CBI with AGS report dated on our 20th Anniversary date. Thought I was trading in the 2.21 CBI but hubby wanted me to have both. Set in HPD Symphonie mounting.

2.31 Q-VVS2 CBI in HPD Queen Pari my very first halo ring.

2.18 E-VS1 CBI - traded in 2.21 CBI for it. It was attractively priced because HPD had dropped their prices and I bought the 2.21 CBI when prices were higher, no brainer, and I could reuse my HPD Trilogie mounting with two .53s F-VS1/2 CBIs as side stones.

.80 Tiffany Fancy Yellow cushion. I regret buying this ring but hubby wanted me to have just one Blue box. Could have gotten so much more from Wink or DBL.

missindecision

Rough_Rock
@Lalola44 glad to know I am not the only one out there! Aren't we lucky to have found FHs who at least try to understand our particular ways!

Lalola44

Rough_Rock
@Lalola44 glad to know I am not the only one out there! Aren't we lucky to have found FHs who at least try to understand our particular ways!

Seriously lol thinking about how patiently my fiance entertains my various states of diamond-induced neurosis cracks me up!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NEVER!

I didn’t have an engagement ring when we got married in 1978 :lol:

I got Bella for my 60th and our 40th anniversary so I went from nothing to 4.56cts OEC L VS1.

avalonrose

Rough_Rock
I've kept the stone but keep changing the setting. I'm in the process right now, I think it might be my fifth time. I have an emerald cut, going from an art deco, baguetted halo to an east-west solitaire setting, with a yellow gold shank and white gold mounting.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
NEVER!

I didn’t have an engagement ring when we got married in 1978 :lol:

I got Bella for my 60th and our 40th anniversary so I went from nothing to 4.56cts OEC L VS1.

FCF0A92C-C0BE-4F75-9517-33EF6AA16915.jpeg

Well deserved for sure! Congrats!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
No upgrades yet! But I've only been married for about 17 years (18 in July!) so maybe sometime n the next 20 years? I have a HOF .70 ct but need to change or fix the setting. There are grooves on the prongs from almost 20 years of daily wear. It only fits my fingers during the day from about 9 am to 6 pm. I went from a size 3 finger to a 4? 4.5?? But I like my rings somewhat loose and not really touching my skin. Does a new setting counts as an upgrade? :)

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
No upgrades yet! But I've only been married for about 17 years (18 in July!) so maybe sometime n the next 20 years? I have a HOF .70 ct but need to change or fix the setting. There are grooves on the prongs from almost 20 years of daily wear. It only fits my fingers during the day from about 9 am to 6 pm. I went from a size 3 finger to a 4? 4.5?? But I like my rings somewhat loose and not really touching my skin. Does a new setting counts as an upgrade? :)

Ooh I just love HOF can we see yours?

bleu

Rough_Rock
Did you upgraded the cut quality? weight? color? clarity?.
Is your husband tire of hearing about you upgrading this and that? :lol:

I'm not married yet, and I'm contemplating upgrading my engagement ring. Our wedding was supposed to be this fall, 2 years after we got engaged . . . but then this happened and we decided to postpone it indefinitely. I feel like a new project would be a welcome distraction . . .

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only technically had one upgrade, then a few add-ons. Hubby doesn't care, not interested. He knows I'm a jewelry nut but knows not to comment on it. :mrgreen:

Here's my lineup (for now). My official "upgrade" is the center one.
ring family 5 2020.jpg

Last edited:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.83 F SI1 set in a three stone with .46 and .47 sides. All super-ideal stats. This was a small-ish but gorgeous ring.

MB's 3 stone - .83 center.jpg's 3 stone - .83 center.jpg
I'd love to do something like this with my half carat AVRs that I'm currently wearing as studs. Thanks for this inspo pic! Who did this setting if you don't mind my asking?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.05 D-VS2 Oval from SF Gift Center. Always wanted a D colored stone but this one was cut deep and only faced up as a 1.75 ct.
My first e-ring came from Derco at the Gift Center! I used to love browsing there even before I knew anything about diamond grading.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to do something like this with my half carat AVRs that I'm currently wearing as studs. Thanks for this inspo pic! Who did this setting if you don't mind my asking?

Hi @Starfacet :wavey:

Not at all! This was done by a jewelers called Von Bargens in New Hampshire. They had an awesome bench at the time who has since died. He'd never done claw prongs, but was able to rise to the challenge.

I loved this ring and it took me a lot of places. I'd be more than happy to make it again.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Starfacet :wavey:

Not at all! This was done by a jewelers called Von Bargens in New Hampshire. They had an awesome bench at the time who has since died. He'd never done claw prongs, but was able to rise to the challenge.

I loved this ring and it took me a lot of places. I'd be more than happy to make it again.
Do you have a thread on it or any side pics? I'm collecting ideas =)2

bleu

Rough_Rock
I love Von Bargens! They have a couple stores in VT as well, but I think the Hanover one is my favorite.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I haven‘t. I consider my 0.5 carat ring he presented many years ago as my engagement ring - I also used it as wedding band. He then gave me a diamond band for the 10 years anniversary I kind of took as wedding band (finally) and 2 other diamonds - which look much more like classic erings later. I consider them as special, precious gifts from husband meaning a lot to me, 38C72D67-17C9-4892-B290-E84683C26E8F.jpeg since they were given for special occasions but my engagement ring will always be that.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven‘t. I consider my 0.5 carat ring he presented many years ago as my engagement ring - I also used it as wedding band. He then gave me a diamond band for the 10 years anniversary I kind of took as wedding band (finally) and 2 other diamonds - which look much more like classic erings later. I consider them as special, precious gifts from husband meaning a lot to me, 38C72D67-17C9-4892-B290-E84683C26E8F.jpeg since they were given for special occasions but my engagement ring will always be that.

Beautiful line up! Love your large solitaire :kiss2:

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful line up! Love your large solitaire :kiss2:

Thank you so much! He did very good on that one without big knowledge about diamonds. He picked a chunky faceted stone - close to a OEC, but with larger table and no culet in L colour. Probably due to the rather unusual cut the latter was graded with only "good cut". But I love it because it is a bit different.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results