shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, Got friends w/ hubbies who married her for her $$$?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is he still happy with his marriage?

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Ladies, Got friends w/ hubbies who married her for her $

Hmmmm, I'd say he was happy until I tossed him out and divorced him. Then he was unhappy. ;(

When the legal proceedings finally concluded, he received a significant $ettlement from me. Then he was happy. :D

But, being a $pender, he burned through the money in a fraction of the time it had taken me to earn it. Then he was unhappy. ;(

And I know you didn't ask, but I'm extremely happy! :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire|1446950518|3946875 said:
Hmmmm, I'd say he was happy until I tossed him out and divorced him. Then he was unhappy. ;(

When the legal proceedings finally concluded, he received a significant $ettlement from me. Then he was happy. :D

But, being a $pender, he burned through the money in a fraction of the time it had taken me to earn it. Then he was unhappy. ;(

Awesome.
Care to do it again?
I could make you even happier. :$$): :$$): :$$): :naughty: :Up_to_something: :wink2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I heard a great quote some years ago on Dr Phil, when either gender marries for money they spend a lifetime paying for it.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awwwww, Kenny, that's so sweet of you! Thank you!

I've only recently started to post, but I've been reading PriceScope for about three years and love your sense of humour! And you appreciate diamonds! :appl:

However, as tempted as I am, I've met a wonderful man and must decline your kind offer.

The man in my life is kind, considerate, funny, wise, shares my values, and likes to cook! :o My mother and friends love him, and my children (who are adults) consider him their step-father, even though he and I still have our own homes (at this point). His children (also adults) are great and we all get along wonderfully.

However, as I tell him, the real reason I'm after him is his good looks! :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire|1446952822|3946889 said:
Awwwww, Kenny, that's so sweet of you! Thank you!

I've only recently started to post, but I've been reading PriceScope for about three years and love your sense of humour! And you appreciate diamonds! :appl:

However, as tempted as I am, I've met a wonderful man and must decline your kind offer.

The man in my life is kind, considerate, funny, wise, shares my values, and likes to cook! :o My mother and friends love him, and my children (who are adults) consider him their step-father, even though he and I still have our own homes (at this point). His children (also adults) are great and we all get along wonderfully.

However, as I tell him, the real reason I'm after him is his good looks! :naughty:

Oh just dump him.
I want your money.
I promise you, it's true love, even though I've not even met your money.

:D

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, do you swear it really is 'true love' for my money and not just lust.

I just want to ensure you're sincere and not being shallow.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

I have one... Not much of a friend, more of an acquaintance, as I don't like associating with people like her...

In any case, she is one of the most miserable people I know. Her husband is practically a saint--he is so nice and really seems to try to make her happy, but she is always annoyed with him and complaining about not being "authentic" to herself. She drinks and shops excessively, and one of her favorite pastimes seems to be getting together with girlfriends and complaining about her life and her husband. My eyes get a workout with all the eye-rolling when I'm around her.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire|1446955388|3946906 said:
Well, do you swear it really is 'true love' for my money and not just lust.

I just want to ensure you're sincere and not being shallow.

Yes, I really DO love your money and I will never love money from any other woman ever ever in a zillion years. :mrgreen: ... unless of course you run out. :shock:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tuffyluvr|1446956322|3946910 said:
I have one... Not much of a friend, more of an acquaintance, as I don't like associating with people like her...

In any case, she is one of the most miserable people I know. Her husband is practically a saint--he is so nice and really seems to try to make her happy, but she is always annoyed with him and complaining about not being "authentic" to herself. She drinks and shops excessively, and one of her favorite pastimes seems to be getting together with girlfriends and complaining about her life and her husband. My eyes get a workout with all the eye-rolling when I'm around her.

That reminds me ...

screen_shot_2015-11-07_at_8.png

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1446958410|3946916 said:
tuffyluvr|1446956322|3946910 said:

That reminds me ...

Ugh Tuffy I know someone just like that too.....

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same as the other thread, not really. Plenty of the ladies in my group make more than their husbands but not enough that it would be worth marrying them (well, the only reason). Also, most of the couples were married before either really knew how much money they would make, that kind of takes away from that.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1446945754|3946852 said:

My first thought was: would we really know if someone had married for money? Would either member of the couple even know? Maybe there are some people who are thorough-going scoundrels, but most of the people I know are complicated. Sometimes money is one factor that makes marriage more palatable for someone. (Yes, I am thinking of a specific couple with a very difficult situation.) Maybe without it marriage would be impossible, because the strains of life would make it impossible.

I am sorry if I am overthinking this.

Deb :wavey:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1447002586|3947045 said:
kenny|1446945754|3946852 said:

My first thought was: would we really know if someone had married for money? Would either member of the couple even know? Maybe there are some people who are thorough-going scoundrels, but most of the people I know are complicated. Sometimes money is one factor that makes marriage more palatable for someone. (Yes, I am thinking of a specific couple with a very difficult situation.) Maybe without it marriage would be impossible, because the strains of life would make it impossible.

I am sorry if I am overthinking this.

I thought the SAME thing Deb. Seems like a difficult topic to comment on since no one really knows what happens behind closed doors.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tacori E-ring|1447010246|3947081 said:
I thought the SAME thing Deb. Seems like a difficult topic to comment on since no one really knows what happens behind closed doors.

It may be our professions, Tacori. We both talk to, and listen to the life stories of, many people. :angel: At any rate, I am always glad to be in a group you are in. ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Each person is a complex mixture.
Respecting diversity in strangers is very different from what we insist on in an SO.

If I'm being honest the income of my spouse matters.
IMO that's okay.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF|1447010781|3947083 said:
Tacori E-ring|1447010246|3947081 said:

It may be our professions, Tacori. We both talk to, and listen to the life stories of, many people. :angel: At any rate, I am always glad to be in a group you are in. ;))

You are the sweetest. :bigsmile:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Am I the only one who first read this?

LADIES, GOT FRIENDS W/ HUBBIES WHO MARRIED HER FOR HER A$$?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire|1446950518|3946875 said:

I think we were married to the same guy :lol: My first husband, a stockbroker at that time, used to constantly trumpet the following at gatherings: "You can marry more money in 5 minutes than you can make in a lifetime!" This made me think, because my parents would rather chew off a limb than pay for anything related to me, and used to love telling me I would inherit nothing (I never asked for a cent). He had a wealthy client with a daughter in middle school. My DH divorced me and married the daughter after she graduated from high school. She left him in her mid-20s.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie said:
I think we were married to the same guy :lol: My first husband, a stockbroker at that time, used to constantly trumpet the following at gatherings: "You can marry more money in 5 minutes than you can make in a lifetime!" This made me think, because my parents would rather chew off a limb than pay for anything related to me, and used to love telling me I would inherit nothing (I never asked for a cent). He had a wealthy client with a daughter in middle school. My DH divorced me and married the daughter after she graduated from high school. She left him in her mid-20s.

HaHa! You should get your ex to reply to the thread asking 'Did Your Life Turn Out the Way You Expected it?' :lol:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A coworker's mother probably fits this. She was married, first husband died late in life, she remarried a man a little younger but still senior age. Unclear whether money came from first husband or was family money. The mother lived in a very expensive house, played bridge and shopped and had her hair done. She would sit in the back seat when driven around. The husband almost seemed like an accoutrement. My coworker had a harder life, was divorced young and had to go back into workforce and raise 3 children on her own. They had a strange relationship, where the mother was definitely the dominant one also self-important. When the 2nd man passed away, she was very distraught, but it seemed more because she had lost her bridge partner than for anything else! So my coworker was recruited to be the substitute and also drive her around.

I think there are definitely "arrangements" in certain relationships, whether it is a 2nd or subsequent marriage or a non-marriage relationship. As long as the arrangement works for both people and is not exploitative, shrugs shoulders.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results