Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Greta - Greta Garbo... nuff’ said!

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello everyone!

I’ve been a very, very bad PSer... this project was actually completed back in Christmas(!), but I’m just getting a chance to share her with you all. I’m hoping we can have some fun too - please vote in the poll to help me name her! The options above are some of my favorite actresses from the 20s and 30s, which I think are quite fitting. ;-)

So, some of you may recall I obtained a fabulous OEC from Erica at LAD last summer. What prompted it was an unfortunate loss of my antique pear ring, but working with Erica and finding this fireball of an antique stone was a really fantastic experience. She found me the most amazing 2.01 N/VS1 stone and it was love at first sight! I highly recommend anyone looking for an old cut to get in touch with her. Erica just has the knack for sourcing utterly gorgeous stones and she’s a absolute blast to work with too.

Shortly after sourcing the stone, I reached out to the PS community in search of a setting for her final home. I knew I wanted some sort of halo... octagonal and not necessarily with the typical diamond surround after receiving and reading everyone’s feedback here. So many folks gave such great advice and input - thank you!

Here’s the thread for the OEC and setting discussion:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/what-halo-settings-would-you-suggest.242126/

My mind was already made up to work with Caysie. I have been fortunate to obtain some of her pieces (Thank you, Loupetroop! :D) and even worked on setting an Amora gem into her Gemma solitaire. So I had no doubt she could craft a setting to showcase this stone. We discussed a variety of options, with the focus being on my desire for an octagon shape, Art Deco style and a non diamond halo. I came close to choosing her Bertie metal halo outright, but wanted something a little more. I am fascinated by the bold contrast of black against white metal and have always drooled over @athenaworth’s Zelda as well as @Rfisher’s gorgeous pariaba ring. :love::love::love: Thank you ladies, for sharing your beautiful pieces and providing inspiration for mine.

Caysie quickly drew up CADs and it was absolutely perfect on the first go... it called for French cut onyx (a nod to the French cut diamonds from my antique pear ring) and showed the boldness I was hoping for. The angles in which she created the halo was quite intentional too. I later discovered when I received the ring that the lines from the crown facets of the diamond appear to run downward and blend into the halo at the perfect angle.

E1AA73F0-1CE4-479A-98FC-AB937E180424.jpeg 2BCBF318-9151-45D5-BED4-CDB5A3FA856E.jpeg 3C90C951-42D0-4EA3-AB16-1A46F9A614FA.jpeg

While the ring was in production, I did my best to keep occupied. It was so hard! However in the end, the results are totally worth it. I really enjoyed working with Caysie and would love an opportunity to do so again.

Now on to the good stuff! Here she is...

25336211-D41C-4204-ACF3-69CC7243B75A.jpeg 02B37889-BC83-4E4F-BBB1-E05A8F7F1AF0.jpeg 6DBBF7D7-0C42-49E4-A3F8-29ED287CC325.jpeg

Last edited:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
That.

Is.

Unreal.

WOW!!!

Seriously?! That couldn't be any more perfect for that diamond. Amazing!

Share more!

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
OMG the ring is so beautiful!!! :love::love::love:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I like the name Claudette. She was born in France, a further honour.

Ettie for short, perhaps?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I love this 100%!! The oec is such a dreamy color, soft and warm... then bam! Black onyx, bold, making a statement. I love that this is part feminine and sweet, but also powerful and and geometric. So fantastic! By far one of my most faves ever! Congrats!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! The onxy halo is really unique, and adds such a nice contrast to your beautiful diamond ❤️

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I like Claudette as well.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Also I have to say... The ring looks like Cleopatra. She always has black hair and black kohl and... You know, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE's description makes me think of Cleopatra too...

So yes... Claudette... Or Cleo[patra]!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I love your new ring- it’s fabulous!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is amazing! Love everything about it!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Appreciate the kind compliments! The stone does pop in this setting, doesn’t it? It also makes it look much brighter and whitener than when it was in its temp setting. I paused when I first opened it because for a brief moment, I thought I got an accidental upgrade. :D

@Lykame - sadly, those are all the pics I have! I’ll see if I can take more. Ettie is a perfect nickname for Claudette. I also love your suggestion of considering Cleopatra, especially Cleo for short. Wish I could update the poll to include it!

@Niel, Greta is a such favorite of mine... She had such presence in the silent film era and it continued even after transitioning to sound. I love her for it since not all actors were able to do it successfully. And bonus points that it’s easy to type and say. :)

@tyty333, thank you! I meant to tag you in my original post since you had inquired about it. I’m pleased you like her.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, can’t focus on a name suggestion because that.ring.is.freaking.amazeballs!!! :love:

Excellent choices all around, from diamond to design ... just perfection! Congrats! :clap:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this ring!!! It's so perfect.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is STUNNING!! Love the onyx halo contrast- it’s absolutely perfect!!!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD I’m dead. What a BEAUTY :P2 :love:
Love the setting love the stone. I’ll bet you will not be able to get anything done other than admire that glorious ring :appl:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Perfection.

‘Nuff said, full stop, moving on....

(That’s no help on naming - sorry!).

(ETA - turns out I couldn’t move on! I just wanted to add that I completely agree about how Caysie’s halos follow the line of the stone’s crown. I think it gives them a really elegant flow and a really cohesive 3D feel.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your ring. It's simply stunning. And along those lines I like the name Cleopatra. I know that was not an option and perhaps it is too obvious a name so then I would choose Claudette. (But I love the name Cleopatra). In any case the ring is GORGEOUS.:kiss2:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That downward tilt of the halo is EVERYTHING. :love:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely glorious!! The detail is amazing & the diamond is making me drool!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is truly spectacular and Greta is my vote on the name.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greta Garbo was generally considered to be the greatest beauty of her time. So in my mind, it's got to be Greta!

@stonewell - this is just beautiful! Congratulations on an incredible new piece! What a STUNNER! Hoping to see this in person soon!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring, @stonewell

I posted in the 'show me your CVB' thread when I saw this on her Instagram, and referenced the tilt. It's gorgeous.
Not to be intently selfish or narcissistic, but I think anyone can forgive me for immediately thinking of my ring when I saw CVB's version? The tilt (while not exactly like yours) was included in my initial sketch/thoughts I gave to the designer, and for multiple reasons it got set aside. It's always been one of the 'what ifs' that bounce in my mind. On that note - I do believe if roles were reversed and I had my ring made today - with pictures off of yours- especially from pictures off of cvb' site as yours was done off of TGP's pictures- I would be lambasted. That has nothing to do with either me or you, I'm just hoping we see less of lambasting someone happen here on PS in the future. The one sidedness.

That aside - I also think this exact engraving design is SO WELL suited to this shape, I don't think it will ever be out of favor. Rika's Singlestone ring has it, as the antique Lang's ring it was modeled off of, but IMO you can't really see that's what it is from the pictures available. Maybe in real life tho? I only noticed the pattern after I knew what I was looking at.
The late 1800 early 1900's hexagon locket I drew the engraving inspiration from has the shape and tilt as well. Classic!
I digress....

You have extremely bleautiful and well done rings so close back to back - well done! Family pics are in order?

Edited for clarity

Last edited:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For obvious reasons, I’m a big fan of this ring. I too, took inspiration from Rika’s Singlestone masterpiece as well as @rsfisher’s stunning creation.

Welcome to the club! Clearly, we all have amazing taste! :whistle: :mrgreen2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully, and sooooo White!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
your ring is a little mysterious and has many different angles, I picked Greta! it is a piece of art. Sorry about the loss, but this is a perfect ring. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UGH!!! This is so edgy and cool - I love it!! Congrats to you!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results