shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab grown sapphires- thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrsdalporto

Rough_Rock
Hi!

My dh wants to get me a lab grown sapphire. He says it''s "chemically identical" to the real thing. Few questions:

Anyone know if they are good quality?
Where would I get a good quality one?
Would you rather get a smaller "real" one or a larger lab grown?

Thanks!

larkgems

Rough_Rock
Depends on what it's for, I'd say. For example, I wouldn't necessarily want one as an engagement or wedding ring. Yes, they're absolutely identical to the real thing (and usually better, in fact, because they're flawless and grown in an ideal environment). I think the best way I've heard lab-created vs natural described is the difference between a rose grown in a garden vs. a rose grown in the yard. A rose is still a rose!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I''m not mistaken, they also come in several qualities. I''ve heard that Chatham makes very nice looking lab created sapphires. Personally, I prefer something that nature made, through the upheaval of heat, pressure and time to create something incredibly beautiful.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
A friend of mine got a gorgeous lab grown sapphire e-ring with a Chatham sapphire. One of the nice things about them is that you can pick exactly the tone, saturation, color, etc, that you want. That said, its your ring and only you will know if its "birth" will bother you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results