shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Grown Diamonds

GCAL Steve

Rough_Rock
Trade
I'm with GCAL, so PriceScope's inclusion or not of lab grown diamonds isn't that relevant to me. But it is curious. It's hard to ignore a product that while still controversial to some degree (but not even close to a year or so ago), most will admit has gone mainstream. At GCAL, we see a consistent admission of lab grown diamonds into our lab. Virtually every major retailer and manufacturer carries them (albeit some manufacturers do so under a different name). It's simply an option your followers, and the consuming public in general should have before making a final decision. It's also worth mentioning the companies you list as the sources of lab grown diamonds are not the primary sources at all. Some you mention are not a source for your followers. Just adding my 2 cents. Thanks.
GCAL Steve

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with GCAL, so PriceScope's inclusion or not of lab grown diamonds isn't that relevant to me. But it is curious. It's hard to ignore a product that while still controversial to some degree (but not even close to a year or so ago), most will admit has gone mainstream. At GCAL, we see a consistent admission of lab grown diamonds into our lab. Virtually every major retailer and manufacturer carries them (albeit some manufacturers do so under a different name). It's simply an option your followers, and the consuming public in general should have before making a final decision. It's also worth mentioning the companies you list as the sources of lab grown diamonds are not the primary sources at all. Some you mention are not a source for your followers. Just adding my 2 cents. Thanks.
GCAL Steve

Hi, Steve, PS has a whole forum section for lab grown diamonds here:

I am sure people in that forum would appreciate hearing from you! That list of manufacturers might be outdated. Please post some educational info in that forum.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GCAL Steve

Hello Steve,

May I ask your position within GCAL, if you are happy to divulge it?

Are you speaking 'officially' or just expressing your personal views as an employee with an interest?

I'm not sure if you'd need to 'prove your identity' to @psadmin if you are representing GCAL 'officially', and you may not be able to use the Trade banner under your name if you are just expressing your personal views.

The 'List of MMD Vendors' thread would welcome your input as to the sources of MMDs.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome, Steve.

Check out the 'forum policies' link at the bottom of the page so you know the rules, which are a little different for trade members, and head over to the forum titled 'Lab Grown Diamonds' with these sorts of questions. There's a link at the top of the page. We welcome your participation. If you're here as an official representative of GCAL, make sure Don and Angelo are ok with it. If you're not, ask the admins to change the screen name to avoid confusion.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Steve, yes lab grown diamonds are banned at PS to a small unorganized forum - unfortunately. I hope this will change in the next years!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please post on the MMD sub forum. I’m sure there would be a lot of interest in what you have to say.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's also worth mentioning the companies you list as the sources of lab grown diamonds are not the primary sources at all.

As a general note: isn't this true of mined diamonds, as well as literally millions of other products? It's not always practical for a manufacturer to sell directly to consumers.....

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope next week we might provide some answers to Steve. And BTW way Steve we at PriceScope do know your Father and Son Bosses and we are on good terms with them.
We like your lab and hope we can have some ongoing involvement.
I had a meeting in NYC with Angelo last year and we discussed your company fitting your DiBox unit with Ideal-scope. Because of the way CVD diamonds are grown far more of them get great Ideal-scope and HCA results. So your specialization there just makes heaps of sense.
I personally have always felt your Optical Symmetry approach is just way too complex for consumers, and if consumers can not understand it, then the trade has no hope at all (It is a sad fact that consumers are way smarter then the dinosaurs in our trade!)
1603500564900.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results