shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Alex and CS

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I want to have a piece of jewelry made with an alexandrite, garnet, sapphire, and topaz. My husband was in a single-car collision on New Years afternoon (no alcohol involved, and he was wearing his seat belt) and has been in the ICU ever since. We almost lost him 10 days ago. He is recovering, though. Anyhow, I have contacted Gene for the alex, and I'm not that great at color combinations. I'm thinking of a pendant with his stone in the center and our daughters' and mine around it might be nice.

I just don't know what colors to use. I'm a garnet. I'm thinking green is good with alex. The girls are sapphire and topaz. Too many freaking color choices!!!!!

Help me, please! You guys are so good with these decisions.

Thank you!
Kristen

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for what your family is going through and glad to hear your husband is improving. Best wishes to you all.

For the stones, you could do a suite of blues and greens....green garnet, green-blue sapphire, blue topaz...it'll go with the alex in either green or purple mode. Hope it brings comfort!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry! I'm glad he's recovering and I hope this piece brings happinesses during a hard time. This reminds me of an amazing DK piece, but need to scour IG to find it. BRB!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aha! This is the one I had in mind:

Screenshot_20190118-120656_Instagram.jpg

I'm imagining his as the biggest, with the others as the smaller ones.

Another idea would be this one:
Screenshot_20190118-120621_Instagram.jpg

His stone could be the center, and melee could be the other colors.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for you and your husband, I hope he makes a quick full recovery. I can only imagine the stress on you all.

I put together some colors, seeing all together helps sometimes. I think a purple garnet would also work. I tried swiss blue topaz and blue green sapphire, tsav , med blue topaz and blue sapphire too.
20190118_151856.jpg

rubysweettart

Shiny_Rock
I love these suggestions! All these would look lovely in an Yvonne Raley piece, too!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! These ideas are beautiful! Thank you for the well-wishes, too. I had thought about Yvonne, but need to ask her about setting Gene's alex. The DK pieces are lovely @lovedogs ! I appreciate the color combos you made, @CHRISTY-DANIELLE

You have been helpful, as always! He's coming off the ventilator tomorrow, thank goodness. Communication has been...interesting.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I know @MrsKMB, Yvonne doesn't set outside stones :( But I think DK would be outstanding for this project. We are happy to give you ideas, and he will be especially easy to work with if you are going off of one of his existing designs.

I'm so happy that he's coming off the vent tomorrow! great news! Wishing you guys the best.

PS. Are those maltese/maltipoos/cockapoos in your avatar??? I have a maltese, a cockapoo, and a new labradoodle puppy, so I can relate to dealing with 3 doggies at once.

PPS. Our new little pup (not so little anymore after only 3 weeks!) wishes your DH good luck!

20181227_191656.jpg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs What an adorable baby you have! Sleeping through the night? I could look at puppy pics all day.
My beasts are L-R, coton de tulear, maltipoo, shih tzu-bichon. They are rather needy, and miss their daddy. My daughter (24 y/o) wanted to take some days off from work (as a nurse) to comfort them. Nice try.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Hello! I want to have a piece of jewelry made with an alexandrite, garnet, sapphire, and topaz. My husband was in a single-car collision on New Years afternoon (no alcohol involved, and he was wearing his seat belt) and has been in the ICU ever since. We almost lost him 10 days ago. He is recovering, though. Anyhow, I have contacted Gene for the alex, and I'm not that great at color combinations. I'm thinking of a pendant with his stone in the center and our daughters' and mine around it might be nice.

I just don't know what colors to use. I'm a garnet. I'm thinking green is good with alex. The girls are sapphire and topaz. Too many freaking color choices!!!!!

Help me, please! You guys are so good with these decisions.

Thank you!
Kristen

I am so sorry about your husband.

I like the three stone idea!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad your DH pulled through...
Do you still need help, or have you decided on the color combination? I would wait until I see the alex, since they can vary in the colors.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I received the alex from Gene. It's not round. Oops! I just told him I wanted an alex, and this is what he had for me.
2085.jpg

It's beautiful, but changes the ideas I had and that you guys provided.

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
I received the alex from Gene. It's not round. Oops! I just told him I wanted an alex, and this is what he had for me.
2085.jpg

It's gorgeous! Hopefully worth a slight change of plan anyway :mrgreen2:
It's beautiful, but changes the ideas I had and that you guys provided.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to offer you my best throughts and wishes for your hubby's recovery! I'm so sorry you and your family have had to go through this. PS - that alex is gorgeous!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Dandi He's much better and went to rehab last week, where he'll be for about 6 weeks. I'm not not to lose my mind with this. I'm tired, but he's the one with the struggle right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results