shape
carat
color
clarity

LA Antique?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blair

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies,

I''ve been lurking on this site for ages and am finally going to start the process picking out an e-ring setting for my heirloom diamond from my great-grandmother (approx 2 carat RB). I''m obsessed with antique settings and I''m hoping to plan a trip to LA in the Spring to find one! I''m pretty much in love with everything I''ve seen from Single Stone and definitely want to make an appointment there, but was wondering if anyone had any other similar suggestions of where to go. I live in Canada and I''m completely unfamiliar with LA so any suggestions would be great!

Thanks! And may I say that I adore this site and thank you to everyone for sharing your beautiful and most inspiring pieces xx

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you plan on visiting Single Stone, contact Ari in advance to tell him what you are looking for (are you looking for antique settings only - no repros?) so that he can check what he has in his inventory or even call in a few pieces which may be of interest to you.

Now for the fun (for me, at least) part: any pics of this love 2 ct honker that you have?

blair

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the advice! I don't mind if it's a repro and it appears that Single Stone's are really well done. I will definitely contact them before planning my trip to set up an appointment. Do you know of anywhere else in the area worth visiting with a similar selection (and reputation of course)?

Unfortunately, my diamond is currently tucked away somewhere safe, but once I take it out I will post pics for sure. It's not the original setting - my grandmother had it reset into a heavy contemporary yellow gold setting in the 90s and it's just totally not my style! The diamond however, is beautiful :)

blair

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I'll definitely check out their site but if they're known as being pricey I'm not sure I want to go there...

Single Stone is definitely my first choice too, but I just want to be sure I'm not missing out on anything else since I'll only be in LA for a few days.

Promise I'll eventually post a pic of my ring!

kennedy

Shiny_Rock
There''s a lovely estate jewelry store on La Cienega called Craig Evan Small. I don''t know whether they do custom work, but I do know they could find you an antique setting. They have really beautiful things and the manager and her assistant are very nice. I''ve only been in a couple of times, but wouldn''t hesitate to buy something from them.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Grace, doesn''t Jewels by Erica Grace have a presence in LA? They would be high on my list.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 1:13:38 PM
Author: Gayletmom
Hey Grace, doesn''t Jewels by Erica Grace have a presence in LA? They would be high on my list.
Not exactly. There is no store, it''s two women; one who lives around LA and one somewhere in Puget Sound.

You could probably call and see if you could arrange a meet up though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the 23rd St. settings are from Singlestone, so I would honestly just stick with Singlestone. They specialize in what you''re looking for, so I imagine they will have the best selection.

blair

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much. Single Stone it is!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results