color
clarity

L.A. Jewelry Store Looting (Video)

S

SallyB

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i feel so sorry for the shop keeper and staff having to clean up this mess

retail is hard enough at the best of times but now with covid 19 and the economics implications of lockdown i just hope he's insured properly and everyone can go back to work

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That happened to one here.
Thousands of dollars worth of damage and no merchandise lost because it was in the safe so they trashed the place.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew!
I'm glad they didn't catch a video of my face. :dance:

Just kidding. :???:

I fully support peaceful demonstrations for this VERY worthy cause, but I condemn all of this crime!

BTW, my location is under curfew right now, 4 PM Monday to 5 PM Tuesday. :nono:
The last couple days I've heard zillions of police helicopters, sirens, and what I assume to be gunshots in the distance. :blackeye:

I'm glad we live in a nice and safe neighborhood.
But I'm fully aware it's nice and safe largely because of white privilege.
The term is redlining, decades of preventing people of color being denied home loans in this "nice" part of town, IOW racism. :angryfire:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartbreaking, the destruction... I really have no words. :pray:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so disturbing to see these videos. I truly do not understand the thrill of destroying/stealing things that are not yours. For those that have worked to create these businesses, it must be so heartbreaking to watch them torn down in a matter of minutes. No matter your plight in life, you are not entitled to do this to others. Doing it in the name of George Floyd sickens me; these are just opportunistic people taking advantage of his death. The protests of his murder are lost in this sea of looting and destruction - shameless.

Q

Queenie60

Seriously? Thugs, now savages? Can you stop with the dog whistle racist language?

@telephone89 - they are savages, and I am not saying this to be racist, most of them are white trash thugs that I am seeing on the news videos. George Floyd's brother spoke out and begged them to stop the violence and continue with peaceful protests. Peaceful protests are what we need - my daughter has been attending the peaceful protests in Denver. Our children who were raised to be accepting of all people are hurt and confused by the murder of George Floyd and are afraid of the world that they must live in. So tragic.

To edit - I read the article you posted on the other thread and understand what you're saying. This has caused me to stop and think about the language I have used to describe these violent people. I will respect your wishes on an off of the forum. Thank you for the eye opener.

Last edited by a moderator:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@telephone89 - they are savages, and I am not saying this to be racist, most of them are white trash thugs that I am seeing on the news videos. George Floyd's brother spoke out and begged them to stop the violence and continue with peaceful protests. Peaceful protests are what we need - my daughter has been attending the peaceful protests in Denver. Our children who were raised to be accepting of all people are hurt and confused by the murder of George Floyd and are afraid of the world that they must live in. So tragic.

To edit - I read the article you posted on the other thread and understand what you're saying. This has caused me to stop and think about the language I have used to describe these violent people. I will respect your wishes on an off of the forum. Thank you for the eye opener.

I deeply appreciate you reading the article. Language is so, so, soooo important, now more than ever. Just, these specific words have a very racist background. There are many other words to describe criminals that don't deteriorate the black identity. <3 Thank you!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously? Thugs, now savages? Can you stop with the dog whistle racist language?

Yes SAVAGES, (ANYONE) who is acting this way and doing the tings they are doing in the name of protesting when all you are is murdering, looting, burning is a SAVAGE. I don't care if your White, Black, Yellow, etc... there is no excuse and I am not being racist and it is not meant to be racist, I include all who are doing these vile things. I am not talking about peaceful protesters. Thank you

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I said this in the other looting thread, but let me repeat it louder here:

Peaceful protests do not incite change because white America doesn't respect the value of black lives. They respect the monetary value of property.

If you enjoy 8hr workdays, the right to vote (women), gay rights, child labor laws (just a few examples), then you too are the beneficiary of change affected by violent protests/rebellion.

Ya'll need to do some serious reflecting, reading (and praying if that's your thing), on why you're more outraged about property destruction, than, you know, the systemic murder of a group of people based on their skin color.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I said this in the other looting thread, but let me repeat it louder here:

Peaceful protests do not incite change because white America doesn't respect the value of black lives. They respect the monetary value of property.

If you enjoy 8hr workdays, the right to vote (women), gay rights, child labor laws (just a few examples), then you too are the beneficiary of change affected by violent protests/rebellion.

Ya'll need to do some serious reflecting, reading (and praying if that's your thing), on why you're more outraged about property destruction, than, you know, the systemic murder of a group of people based on their skin color.

This is not protesting.....LET ME SAY IT LOUDER........ THIS IS NOT PROTESTING.
This is criminal behavior by people who are using the situation to steal, burn, murder and destroy.
When it became this mess, the message about Mr. FLOYD WAS LOST, it became a separate issue. I didnt say I dont care about Mr. FLOYD, I do, these peoe are acting in their interests and nobody elses.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems Do you consider the Boston Tea Party a protest?

Until it turned violent yes.
Post all you want not playing the game (do you think this is protesting. Do you think that is protesting?)......I said my piece and I stick to it

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been trying to work out from the media and social media footage if the looters are looting just for the hell of it, some of the young people seem to be following others, I'm sure some of them with trucks that seem like organised criminals are just that "organised criminals" or they are trying to send a message to Trump that he has lost control of the situation.

I suspect it's a strange mix of opportunistic behaviour of desperate people because of COVID - 19, non desperate but opportunistic criminals and those that are looting and burning to send a political message and young people caught up on a wave of looting and burning....

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But you acknowledge that positive change happened in response to a violent protest?

No one is advocating for violence or destruction. I'm merely pointing out that oftentimes change does not happen UNTIL there is violence and destruction. Disregarding cause and effect is what has led us to our current state of affairs.

I really encourage you to do some reading on the history of looting and the psychology behind it. You can say your piece all you want to, but if it comes from an uneducated and privileged place, the only person who looks foolish is you.

Q

Queenie60

But you acknowledge that positive change happened in response to a violent protest?

No one is advocating for violence or destruction. I'm merely pointing out that oftentimes change does not happen UNTIL there is violence and destruction. Disregarding cause and effect is what has led us to our current state of affairs.

I really encourage you to do some reading on the history of looting and the psychology behind it. You can say your piece all you want to, but if it comes from an uneducated and privileged place, the only person who looks foolish is you.

It’s anarchy and violent. Destroying property of people of color. What good can come out of this? Not just the privileged few, businesses that people have poured their heart and soul into. I’m sorry for anyone who would condone this behavior and find it Necessary for change. The only change is the devastation placed upon communities and individuals. Many of the mom and pop businesses will never recover. And all out of hatred for who???

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s anarchy and violent. Destroying property of people of color. What good can come out of this? Not just the privileged few, businesses that people have poured their heart and soul into. I’m sorry for anyone who would condone this behavior and find it Necessary for change. The only change is the devastation placed upon communities and individuals. Many of the mom and pop businesses will never recover. And all out of hatred for who???

Queenie,

I agree and applaud you loudly but save your breath. I am sure by now that you see, as per usual, when you voice your opinion on here and someone doesn't agree with you they lower themselves to calling you uneducated and privileged. I won't feed their need to diminish my education, view, or opinion. They just want to keep the loop going round and round, thinking we will agree with them at some point, but my education has taught me better.

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Seeing that video makes me want to heave. ;( :((:sick::angryfire:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You both have...entirely missed my point. Everyone is mourning the destruction. We all hate the violence, the looting, the shops we know won’t recover from this. I’m looking beyond that. This country has pushed black people so far beyond rational conversation and peaceful protests. When you have exhausted your peaceful options, you burn it all to the ground. I guarantee if there were no police killings of black people, this destruction would not be happening right now.

I’m not trying to insult anyone’s intelligence and I’m sorry if my post came across that way. I’m genuinely trying to explain that this is the only option America has left them to incite any change. And I again urge you both to research the psychology of displacement and looting. It’s really easy for white people to look down from their privilege of safety, job security, minimal fear for their family’s safety when they leave the house — to say “those savages” about a life experience you literally know nothing about. There is far more to what is happening right now than “wow those people want free stuff,” and you look foolish when you simplify it to those terms (is what I was trying to say).

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, this is definitely the way to protest unethical treatment of people of color - steal and trash someone's store. People like this disgust me, I dont care what color they are.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results