shape
carat
color
clarity

Kwiat vs Lazare Kaplan 2+ carats with specs

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
C2B7BA00-78AA-4630-BEE8-FB88F431E729.jpeg 1D2178B2-A60A-4D9C-A4F2-F5C4E2752AC8.jpeg I’ve had a couple posts lately about BGD blues and WF stones, and I’m still trying to figure things out. All the while I’ve been talking with a local reputable jeweler who my dad has done business with for his Rolex watches for many years so they say they are willing to work very closely to just over cost for me on their diamonds (will believe it when i see it - should have quotes on sunday). In the meantime here are specs on the two stones they’ve showed me. Thoughts? HCA rated the Kwiat slightly higher.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
The Lazare is an I SI1 and the Kwiat and H SI1. Both were gorgeous in person!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just going by the specs I'd prefer the Lazare b/c of the smaller table + a higher crown. I can't comment about the color.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
A96CB89E-D7B0-4DD9-BB32-99EA66B18825.jpeg CEA0ABAE-53D6-400D-BABB-1EBBA6EEBA0B.jpeg Here is the Lazare

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
6C627145-CA51-4B8C-B74A-B476E33CA375.jpeg Here’s the Kwiat

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Just going by the specs I'd prefer the Lazare b/c of the smaller table + a higher crown. I can't comment about the color.

Color wise I could not tell the difference.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the LK, the sarin shows a lot of angle variations, and 35.5/40.7 is not as ideal as would be a CBI, WF or BGD. Does it have a report?
The Kwiat is a shallow combo, still OK but better for a pendant or earrings, the table is a bit too large and the clarity looks borderline...
These are not super ideals like the one of vendors mentioned above.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I'm not a fan of the LK, the sarin shows a lot of angle variations, and 35.5/40.7 is not as ideal as would be a CBI, WF or BGD. Does it have a report?
The Kwiat is a shallow combo, still OK but better for a pendant or earrings, the table is a bit too large and the clarity looks borderline...
These are not super ideals like the one of vendors mentioned above.

I don’t have a report for the LK yet only the Kaplan

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I meant the Kwiat is the one i have

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
The WF you found is perfectly cut and I prefer it over the LK and the Kwiat, yet I would prefer the clarity of the blue J.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Stephen about the first one. Even if the lowest PA angle is paired with the the highest CA, it just seems like such a large variation.

What was the CA and PA for the Kuwiat one? Maybe I am blind? However it is the 60/60 style - more white light return, great spread, less color light return (fire). ... some people like them more because they face up a bit bigger for weight and can still have max light return - it’s the color vs white light return that most others don’t like because they prefer more fire.

Love the cut of the WF one, and the JA one looks really nice too with better clarity.

My two cents. :wavey:

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
062813E8-CF39-4D8D-AD36-6E031214DFC3.jpeg
I agree with Stephen about the first one. Even if the lowest PA angle is paired with the the highest CA, it just seems like such a large variation.

What was the CA and PA for the Kuwiat one? Maybe I am blind? However it is the 60/60 style - more white light return, great spread, less color light return (fire). ... some people like them more because they face up a bit bigger for weight and can still have max light return - it’s the color vs white light return that most others don’t like because they prefer more fire.

Love the cut of the WF one, and the JA one looks really nice too with better clarity.

My two cents. :wavey:

Here is the report on the Kwiat.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
For your 2 WF and BGD options, il will really depend on the clarity.
Both have a comment "additional clouds not shown".
I have a tiny preference for the BGD diamond because it doesn't have feathers. But it is above your budget.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I much prefer the size of the Lazare one on your finger. I can definitely see the difference; its small, but makes the difference of it filling out your finger better.

However, I's and J's are starting to get pretty tinted. What is your color sensitivity?

For cut between your 2, I much prefer the Lazare again. It's more contoured with its smaller table and lower depth, while I find the Kwiat to be a bit flat looking. The Lazare also has a nice looking style of light return to my eye.

Re WF and BGD - I'd go with WF as they have a much better upgrade policy. I find the BGD policy to be a trifle...gouging.

To me, color and light return are everything. So I'd go with WF and get something nice and white with great light return. Just remember tho - AGS and GIA are slightly different in color grading, so if your Lazare is a GIA I, it's probably pretty close in color to your WF AGS H.

But even so - having said all of that - I like the look of that Lazare stone....

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I much prefer the size of the Lazare one on your finger. I can definitely see the difference; its small, but makes the difference of it filling out your finger better.

However, I's and J's are starting to get pretty tinted. What is your color sensitivity?

For cut between your 2, I much prefer the Lazare again. It's more contoured with its smaller table and lower depth, while I find the Kwiat to be a bit flat looking. The Lazare also has a nice looking style of light return to my eye.

Re WF and BGD - I'd go with WF as they have a much better upgrade policy. I find the BGD policy to be a trifle...gouging.

To me, color and light return are everything. So I'd go with WF and get something nice and white with great light return. Just remember tho - AGS and GIA are slightly different in color grading, so if your Lazare is a GIA I, it's probably pretty close in color to your WF AGS H.

But even so - having said all of that - I like the look of that Lazare stone....

Thanks so much! I could tell the diff in size too on my finger. Currently I wear an AGS H from BGD and I’ve never had an issue with the color. Sounds like you are saying what someone told me yesterday - that an AGS H would potentially be a GIA I as AGS is a little softer in color grading?

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
For your 2 WF and BGD options, il will really depend on the clarity.
Both have a comment "additional clouds not shown".
I have a tiny preference for the BGD diamond because it doesn't have feathers. But it is above your budget.

Yes it is slightly above budget but because i would be trading in my current stone I would be getting slightly more for it than I would if WF were willing to buy it from me. They said they would need to inspect it to see if they would want it and what they would offer but gave me an estimate. Overall though, yes the BGD would end up costing a little more. But I like the WF upgrade policy so I may want to switch vendors.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I think quite similar ... didn’t see a report or image for the BGD .. need to make sure it’s eye clean ... signature .. I bet it’s beautiful!

Yes I’m not sure why there are no images yet.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much! I could tell the diff in size too on my finger. Currently I wear an AGS H from BGD and I’ve never had an issue with the color. Sounds like you are saying what someone told me yesterday - that an AGS H would potentially be a GIA I as AGS is a little softer in color grading?

Correct. This is my opinion - but it's the opinion of many here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results