shape
carat
color
clarity

Klutzes Anonymous Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
I think I need to start one.

Since owning my ring (only 3.5 weeks!) I''ve managed to dink it while working with tools and drop it on the bathroom floor (tile!). Now the center stone spins in the setting, and I don''t think it''s supposed to do that!

Unfortunately, I have a very high power microscope at work and have seen all the inclusions (it''s a sapphire, so there are a lot). My stomach churns to think that I might have caused them!

I''m seriously wondering if I should not be allowed to own any more nice pieces of jewelry - as in forget about the sparkly diamond wedding band and opt for a plain band.
Or maybe I should stick to diamonds, which should be a bit hardier (and less included) than colored stones...

Can anyone else relate?
I can only hope that I''ll learn to be less clumsy with my jewelry! (I''ve never worn rings before this.)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LMAO, lysana! I am the biggest klutz out there...I think I embarass my FI ALL the time with my klutziness, so I feel your pain!

I don''t know that you could cause inclusions in your sapphire...chips and nicks, yes, but inclusions? I don''t see how, but some gem experts could maybe chime in and give you their opinion?

I say go for diamonds and just make sure they''re all insured to the hilt! My rock is, and I bang, I mean, WEAR it proudly every day, and of course hope I don''t do any PERMANENT damage in the process!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh, so anyways, can I be a member???
9.gif
31.gif
9.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 1:51:07 AM
Author: Harleigh
Oh, so anyways, can I be a member???
9.gif
31.gif
9.gif
Haha, yes! Join the club!
9.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a klutz too. They invented bezel settings for klutzes like us. Right now I''m seriously wondering why I opted for a big solitaire for my upgrade instead of a big eternity ring or multi-stone ring.
11.gif
I end up removing my ring the minute I walk in the door, just like I did 25 years ago with my first engagement ring. I should have known better!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll join!

I''m always running into things, so I rarely ever wear shorts or skirts because of the bruises. I broke the sake set my bf bought me for xmas, broke the chain on the necklace he got me when we first started dating, broke a wine glass in the set I bought him for xmas...this is all in the past year.

I also have a list of things over the years that I have accidentally dropped, thrown, or richocheted into the toilet. I really do think that thing has its own gravitational force.

I hope your stone is ok, lysama!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 3:54:55 PM
Author: Aloros
I''ll join!

I''m always running into things, so I rarely ever wear shorts or skirts because of the bruises. I broke the sake set my bf bought me for xmas, broke the chain on the necklace he got me when we first started dating, broke a wine glass in the set I bought him for xmas...this is all in the past year.

I also have a list of things over the years that I have accidentally dropped, thrown, or richocheted into the toilet. I really do think that thing has its own gravitational force.

I hope your stone is ok, lysama!
ROFLMAO!!! All in the toilet??? How on earth do you manage that? I''d be curious to see what''s ended up down there!
36.gif

Welcome to the club, my friend!
35.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 3:54:55 PM
Author: Aloros
I''ll join!

I''m always running into things, so I rarely ever wear shorts or skirts because of the bruises.

ME TOO! I''ve always got bruises somewhere, and most of the time I don''t even remember what I did to get them!

I once took a new pair of running shoes out for a spin, and the first thing I did was trip on the curb and land in the middle of the road. I was so embarrassed that I got up and kept running, even though I my hand and arm were bloody!

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 2:00:20 PM
Author: lyra
I''m a klutz too. They invented bezel settings for klutzes like us.

I was just wondering if I should have opted for a bezel setting on the drive home today!
25.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2007 12:31:15 PM
Author:lsyama
I think I need to start one.

Since owning my ring (only 3.5 weeks!) I've managed to dink it while working with tools and drop it on the bathroom floor (tile!). Now the center stone spins in the setting, and I don't think it's supposed to do that!

Unfortunately, I have a very high power microscope at work and have seen all the inclusions (it's a sapphire, so there are a lot). My stomach churns to think that I might have caused them!

I'm seriously wondering if I should not be allowed to own any more nice pieces of jewelry - as in forget about the sparkly diamond wedding band and opt for a plain band.

Or maybe I should stick to diamonds, which should be a bit hardier (and less included) than colored stones...

Can anyone else relate?

I can only hope that I'll learn to be less clumsy with my jewelry! (I've never worn rings before this.)

23.gif
Your stone spins?? Please get that fixed ASAP! We can't have you losing that sapphire!

Anyway, sign me up too. That's exactly the reason I picked a ring that was so low set, with prongs that act like a freaking fortress to protect the stones. Any more protected, and the stones would be set in a cage
9.gif

And the bruising...man, if people didn't know my husband is the gentlest person alive, I'd have been whisked away to a battered woman's shelter long ago.

I'm laughing about the microscope thing too, since I used to work in a microbio lab and the first thing I did when I got my sapphire was check it out under our scope. Much better than a loupe!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I have to join too. My hubby has called my Clutzerella since we met!!! As in oh, Clutzerella, can you come in here without hurting yourself?

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results