shape
carat
color
clarity

Kitchen Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
What color kitchens does everyone around here have? I''m thinking about how I want my future kitchen to look. I''ve been really thinking about doing a kitchen with all red accents. For example red mixer, red mixing bowls and spatulas from Williams Sonoma etc. I like a modern/traditional look. What are your thoughts?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool idea.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
we''re building our first house. actually just did our first walk thru with the builder today. anyway,., our kitchen cabinets are a soft cream color (BM muslin). walls are a golden brown (BM scarecrow) and the tiles are called nutmeg.

we registered long before we ever thought we''d have a brand new custom picked colors kitchen, but we have white dinnerware and red le creuset pots. don''t know if that''ll go with the warm color palette we chose for the kitchen
33.gif

let me see if i can find a picture of the kitchen.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Our kitchen is very neutral. The cabinets are a light oak color. The floors are beige travertine. The walls are called something sand (there are very fee walls in our kitchen) the granite isblack, tans and green. We haven''t decorated, and now that we''re moving we won''t ever, but I wouldn''t have done much aside from adding fake plants to the top of our cabinets. Our kitchen flows into our breakfast area, bar and family room, which are all neutral as well.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of a neutral kitchen with red small appliances/accents!
36.gif

Currently our kitchen has its original beech wood 1950''s cabinetry and was unfortunately updated with teal green countertops and vinyl flooring that''s white with a teal pattern in it, as well as a "lovely" teal wallpaper border, blech. I don''t mind the cabinets as they are all solid wood and a really beautiful finish, between an oak stain and pine with copper hardware, but wow, do I absolutely hate the rest of the color scheme. When we get around to remodeling I''m going to have the cabinets refaced to be white with a few glass doors for display, keep the white appliances, change the countertops to black granite and the flooring to black and white tile. We have a brick Georgian that was built in 1948, and I would like the kitchen to go along with the flow of the rest of the house, kind of keeping with the 1950''s look, definitely not modern because the rest of the house is not, it has more of a Victorian meets French Country meets traditional feel.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have all stainless appliances and a dark hardwood floor.

My center island is a sage colored cabinetry with a granite top that has sage, cream, brown black and terracotta
My perimeter cabinets are a creamy vanilla color with a black granite counter.

I have an ogee edge on the granite, all my knobs are brushed nickle and my lighting is dark iron. I have limestone tiles on the splash, over the cooktop they are set on the diamond and bordered with a scroll design.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Oh can I please share pics of my kitchen?! I love my kitchen colors! I painted my walls an apple green color and I have a variety of accent colors in my kitchen accessories - blue, red, yellow. I''m not a total matchy matchy person in my house decorating, but colors do have to complement each other. Anyways, I''m in love with the green. I think kitchens are a great place for bold color.

Baker St. Apt - 32.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
The rest of the kitchen. Real big, huh?
3.gif

Baker St. Apt - 33.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
CNS,

My MIL has always had a red kitchen. It is usually the "IN" place to be in the house. Several cannister sets, hand towels, utensils, appliances and cookware. She has even added knobs or pulls in red. It is suprisingly most comfortable. There is some chatter about bright red initiating a sort of pavlov response that gets our appetite juiced! You never know with red you may be a better cook than before!
18.gif

Another reason I think it works so well for her is that she continues the flow of red through the rest of the house. Artwork in the living room, a throw pillow, or throw, rug, candles. If you are leaning towards modern look try adding clear red glass in vase form in groupings etc. Oh another inexpensive tip...take red wrapping paper or wall paper and cover the covers of cook books/regular books. Place them on shelves or on the counter-you can get a cheap splash in no time.

Go for it!!! RED...YOU"LL LOVE IT!

DKS

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kitchen is mostly white -- white walls, red oak cabinets and red oak wood on the windows and doors, white Corian counter tops, all white appliances and a white ceramic tile floor with some peach colored accents in the tile. I did it that way because it was so dreary before I had it re-done and I wanted it to be as bright as possible.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Its fun to see everyones kitchens! Sunkist, what a fabulous color!

This is the only picture I have of our kitchen, but I think you can get the idea of what it looks like. We put the tile floor down last summer ourselves... I cant tell you how much I love it and what a lux feeling it gives the room. (Ha! Apprently the pup is attached and I am too lazy to crop her out!)

njctile2006.jpg

Our walls are darker than what they show up in the pic... I love them. All our appliances are stainless steel/black. That includes the little things like blender, toaster oven, coffee maker, etc. although we keep most of that away since we dont have much counter space. My kitchen Aid and canisters are black. I mix more red in with towels, oven mits, and spatulas. Counter tops and cabinets are ehh... cream formica and I have no clue what the cabinets are... cheap builder grade original to the house. Would love to upgrade them or resurface them somehow, but not sure how much it would cost or what to do.

With the exception of the cabinets I think we have a fairly modern style going on...

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Sunkist...I love that color! I actually contemplated using that shade of green. I saw it in a magazine a while back and thought it was fun.

NJC...love your color too!!! The shade of red that you have is the shade I was thinking of using. Didn''t want fire engine red, but something a bit darker.

These pics are great...keep them coming...I need inspiration ladies!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do my whole house in red if I could. LOL. Have done the bedroom in red in one place - have seen a friend''s red dining room - and my dream kitchen has red walls with white accents. I think it''s a fab idea.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Class and SDL! My husband was very skeptical about the color too. Especially once it was first painted and none of the appliances were in and some of the cabinets still here not hung. It was a lot of green! And he thought it was kind of neon. But now that almost half the walls are covered with appliances, etc. it feels a lot more subdued yet still a cheery, energetic color. I love it!

I love your red color too, NJC! That was another color I was contemplating for my kitchen. Except I was going to do a creamish color on top and the red underneath a chair railing. It was a hard decision but I was happier and more comfortable when I thought about painting the green, so I went with my gut and I''m glad I did.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
My kitchen was a sunset orange which I didn''t like, so I had the painter redo it to a color by Benjamin Moore called San Carlos Tan. I wanted to make sure it would still match the blinds so I wouldn''t have to change them out.

My cabinets are cherry colored, I have black granite with specks and swirls of grey and orange and my floors are the builders cream colored tile. I would eventually like to change my floors, but since they are fairly new (1 1/2 years old), I won''t do it for now.
If I get a chance I will post before and after pictures with the new color.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results