shape
carat
color
clarity

Kinda freaking out... please help

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am new here and I wish I had found y'all a few months ago! I just bought a new wedding ring and I am already second guessing myself before I have even seen it. I think I am obsessing too much or have read way too much about tacky jewelry. Anyway please tell me what you think (gently as this ring can't be returned.) I could always put the setting in the safe and have the stone set in a solitaire. Here goes:

2,5 carat RB
Ideal cut FIC, 1.8 HCA
I color
VVS2 clarity
The stone is not what I am worried about as I think it's fabulous. The setting is below. Is this tacky? Gawdy? I am in my 40s, stay at home mom, jeans, t-shirts, and my bling at all times. I wasn't concerned at all until I started reading too much!
62462_main
62462_profile

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I think it is beautiful.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Ruby - it's lovely! Dressed up or dressed down (I am also mostly at home in jeans with children hanging off me) there is something beautiful about a classy & sparkly ring finger when all else is plain. Go for it.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I usually don't worry so much but this is a large purchase for me and like I said it is special order and can't be returned.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful. Make sure you post in SMTB when it arrives so we can see hand shots :wavey:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think it is tacky at all but I would be aware you may need to "baby" that ring. I lost a melee before. It was a pain.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everyone else. I think it's beautiful and I'd be happy to have it, were it me.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely and fancy! Wear it in good health!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted a wide band so that I wouldn't need a wedding band. I think this will do. Of course they told me that it was a very sturdy setting, lol. We'll see... guess I need to take it off when gardening.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it will look stunningly sparkly and be a really eye-catching statement piece. Seconding the request for a SMTB thread when it arrives!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's lovely! I do think you're going to have to be careful with that setting - the melee is delicate and can fall out. Please come back and show us when it's on your hand!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like you, I prefer to only wear one ring, and this fulfils the engagement, wedding and eternity in one ring.

I agree with Tacori E-ring that you'll need to exercise some care with a lot of pave setting, but I'm sure you don't really need us to tell you that :)

Wear it and enjoy having it (and 40's is still young!)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful but does not fit my lifestyle. I would need something a little less delicate:wink2: and pave to that degree has to kind of be babied. If you love it, then wear it. YOLO.

Hand shots are always appreciated around here , so please post them when you get it:appl::appl:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the comments. I think I will love it but yes, I am a bit concerned about the pave stones. I guess I will just have to see. I know I may have to take more care than I do with my current ring.

Getting a little more confident. Fancy is good and a little blind may brighten the day!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, a little "bling" may brighten the day!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and blingy. You liked it before you read any of this PS induced OCD-ness on this forum. Own it. Rock it. Love it. As long as you love it, that is all that matters. You're the one staring at it day in and day out. Congratulations and Enjoy!!

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here's an opinion from someone who doesn't like the look of pavé on herself: that ring is lovely, and I would admire it greatly on someone else's hand! I especially like the very architectural side view and the variety of decorations (pavé, engraving, swirls, milgrain...). Do come back with hand shots, please!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think what's important is that YOU like it, regardless of whether someone else might think it is too much. We all have different tastes and personal styles. You loved it when you bought it, and that's what matters.

I wouldn't wear it gardening, but I don't wear my simple solitaire gardening either. Or mixing meatballs with my hands, or camping, or doing other messy tasks. I have a simple inexpensive gold band that I substitute for that. I wouldn't clean it with an ultrasound machine either just because of the detail work.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results