shape
carat
color
clarity

Key To Symbol on GIA Report Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

classc1

Rough_Rock
Hi,

If an imperfection is listed under "Key To Symbols" such as feather, does that necessarily mean that a feather exists in your stone? I thought that this was just a general key chart and not specific to my stone but then I noticed that not all GIA reports have each of these characteristics listed. I have cloud, feather, crystal, needle and natural listed on my GIA report yet the dealer said that there is no feather in my diamond. I can''t tell if some markings are needles or feathers. Thanks.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, only inclusions present are listed. It is also listed in order of significance.

Lauren Q

Rough_Rock
As Stone mentioned all inclusions are listed on the GIA report. My concern is the dealer mentioning there is no feather. A feather is a break in the stone and depending on size and location could pose a durability problem.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

classc1

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 9:18:27 AM
Author: Lauren Q
As Stone mentioned all inclusions are listed on the GIA report. My concern is the dealer mentioning there is no feather. A feather is a break in the stone and depending on size and location could pose a durability problem.

Thank you....I am concerned too... He out and out lied. I am taking the ring to an appraiser next week...so we shall see. It is a VS2 ring...should I be worried?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Probably not, but depends on where and how extensive it is, the appraiser should be able to tell you that. Also, once it is set and you have an insurance on it, anything happend to it is covered.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is unusual, many many people buy diamonds with feathers whom have worn them for years without incident.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2009 2:03:52 AM
Author: classc1

Thank you....I am concerned too... He out and out lied. I am taking the ring to an appraiser next week...so we shall see. It is a VS2 ring...should I be worried?
It is very unusual also for VS2 inclusions to be any kind of durability issue so I wouldn''t worry too much, your appraiser will be able to tell you more.

classc1

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/20/2009 7:14:30 AM
Author: Lorelei

It is very unusual also for VS2 inclusions to be any kind of durability issue so I wouldn''t worry too much, your appraiser will be able to tell you more.

Thank you all for your help!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2009 8:56:30 PM

Date: 9/20/2009 7:14:30 AM
Author: Lorelei

Thank you all for your help!!
Most welcome! Let us know how you get on
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results