shape
carat
color
clarity

Keeping them clean

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brellymom

Shiny_Rock
I have a 2.39 RB in a 4 prong platinum setting. Can I safely use the ultrasonic cleaner? Or do I need to worry about it getting loose?

Also, I work in a Purell-fanatic environment. Is there any reason to be worried about it doing anything to the ring???

Thanks - I have learned and am learning SO MUCH on this site. And of course spend way too much time on it!

Happy Thanksgiving all.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a 2.39 stone and there are no pics of it????? Are you kidding me??

I''m just kidding you but we really do need pics of that ring! You should be able to safely put it in the ultrasonic cleaner. I don''t know that anyone could ever completely guarantee that your stone won''t come loose so it''s a good idea to check all stones from time to time for safety.

As for the hand cleaner, it can''t penetrate the diamond or the platinum but it probably is important to keep the ring clean so that gunk doesn''t build up between the prongs. We don''t do dirty rings here!
14.gif

Seriously, welcome and enjoy the forum. Please post pics of your beautiful ring when you can - we''d love to see it!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think Lynn B was saying she thinks either hand sanitiser or hand scrub, or both, was building up on the bottom of her diamond, and was in fact changing her setting to a plainer platinum one so she could ultrasonic the heck out of it. You should be just fine with the U/S. I even put rings with micropave in it, which theoretically could loosen the teeny melee but with occasional use hasn't done that (yet?) With a plain setting, you can ultrasonic to your heart's content!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 6:08:37 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
Yeah, I think LynnB was saying she thinks either hand sanitiser or hand scrub, or both, was building up on the bottom of her diamond, and was in fact changing her setting to a plainer platinum one so she could ultrasonic the heck out of it. You should be just fine with the U/S. I even put rings with micropave in it, which theoretically could loosen the teeny melee but with occasional use hasn''t done that (yet?) With a plain setting, you can ultrasonic to your heart''s content!
Yep, LGK is right, I have the same problem. Here''s the thread that I recently threadjacked
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
(so sorry, Laila!!!):

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/question-about-ideal-cut-diamonds.129980/

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto, plain plat. prong setting is fine in the US. Since it''s platinum, purell isn''t an issue either.

brellymom

Shiny_Rock
thank you thank you to those who responded. I read the thread about the sanitizer - it was helpful - much appreciated. here is my best pic to date - have to wait until my daughter comes over to help me take and size any others!

ring1109.JPG

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful - thanks for the picture.

We''d love to see more of it!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results