shape
carat
color
clarity

Keep or Sell? Honest opinions, don't hold back!

What to do with the yellow gold band?

• Keep it and wear it with just the diamond

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Keep it and stack it with the diamond and white gold band

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Sell it

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of you guys may remember I saved this band from the scrapper recently. Now I'm debating what to do with it, it is a little thick as a stacking band but I really love the flowers on the sides.

My fingers tend to swell so stacking is difficult anyways but I need to lose weight sooner than later so let's ignore that my finger looks puffy with the three rings. Apart from that would it work to stack with the diamond or no? I could always wear just that and the diamond but I am not sure if it detracts too much from the diamond ring. I can't wear it on my right hand so that's out and I wear the diamond ring always so leaving that ring out of the picture isn't an option.

Honest thoughts?

IMG_3395.JPG IMG_3396.JPG IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3465.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3394.JPG
    IMG_3394.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 71

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I think it looks so pretty on you. It’s a challenging question because I see both points. And only you can really answer this. If you think it might not make it into your band rotation you’re probably better off selling it. Personally I have too many bands and rarely wear most of them. But it sure looks pretty with your ring(s).

I think a solitaire pops with one band of similar width and a tiny space in between. JMO.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, I see other people's stacks and they look good and effortless but I never feel the same about my own lol! You have that amazing pink diamond band, all your rings are beautiful but that one is especially yummy :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, I see other people's stacks and they look good and effortless but I never feel the same about my own lol! You have that amazing pink diamond band, all your rings are beautiful but that one is especially yummy :kiss2:

Aww thanks Stephanie. In reality I wear my single cut band with Bubbalah and that’s the majority of the time. If my fingers are in a good mood that day ie not red and swollen I can add my French cut sapphire band or the pink diamond band but that’s the max I will wear irl.

Think which way you want to wear it. Which is more comfortable for real life wear and tear and maybe that can help guide your decision. And if you want a special occasion band that’s good too. No right no wrong just want works for you. It’s hard deciding I know lol. But all good decisions so yes to that.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you not wear it on your right hand? It’s such a pretty & unusual ring - would it fit?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T, it doesn't fit on my right hand :sick:

This is actually the only finger I can wear it on, always the way right? I just couldn't let it go to the gold broker and risk it being melted down but now I'm like, what do I do with it :confused:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T, it doesn't fit on my right hand :sick:

This is actually the only finger I can wear it on, always the way right? I just couldn't let it go to the gold broker and risk it being melted down but now I'm like, what do I do with it :confused:

I know it would disrupt the pattern, but could a very skillful jeweller try to add a teeny plain section to size it up? Would sizing it up a couple of sizes by stretching actually do too much damage to the pattern?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it would disrupt the pattern, but could a very skillful jeweller try to add a teeny plain section to size it up? Would sizing it up a couple of sizes by stretching actually do too much damage to the pattern?

I think I'd rather sell it than to size it and disrupt the pattern, mainly the flowers on the sides. Not really working with the diamond ring right?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I like it best alone with your solitaire. It just looks so lovely!! But I think if you aren't wearing it, maybe sell it to someone who will?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm.
I do like your 1.23 with the diamond band, as in your photo above.^
I think the flowered one could stand alone, because it is wider and has so much detail.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it with the diamond solitaire (which btw :love:) so I’d keep it. If you’re not sure, I’d still keep it for a while and see if it grows on you. If it doesn’t, I’m sure you would find takers on here!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn’t vote because I like it both ways. Some days you wanna stack, some days you don’t. But if you sell it you may regret it?
I think it’s lovely with your new diamond. With and without the diamond band. Wear what you love. If it is comfy to you of course.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'd rather sell it than to size it and disrupt the pattern, mainly the flowers on the sides. Not really working with the diamond ring right?

I have had my jeweler take/shave out some metal from the inside of an eternity ring to gain a little size. Maybe consider looking into that?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d hang onto it another few months and see how you feel, if you’ve Ben wearing it and/or if you think in the future you’ll wear it.
I often buy stuff and think afterwards “hmmmm” so I keep it a while longer to see whether it has grown on me or not.
If not, then I sell it.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think the milgrain and design on the sides will be OK if you stack? I like it on its own and stacked, but wouldn’t stack if it will scratch away at the details you love about it.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like the band. I think it's interesting and I like the way it looks with the solitaire alone and as a stacker with the other band. I say keep it for now and give it a little time before letting go of it.

Miss Marple

Shiny_Rock
I like it alone with your ering. The width of the plain center area looks very similar to the width of your ering band and the carved details stand out nicely.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote keep it. Switch it up, and see if any particular way you wear it appeals to you more, and is most comfortable. If, after a while, it still hasn’t won your heart, come back & sell it, here.
It’s very beautiful. I like it any way you wear it. It seems to fit you just fine & it compliments your other pieces.
It would be a shame for you to have to sell it, but if you’re not in love with it, while you’re wearing it, there really is no point in keeping it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for weighing in, such a dilemma right? There was one comment that touched on something I hadn't thought of and that was @kgizo (with one of my favorite avatar photos by the way). Yes it's totally possible to wear the milgrain on the side facing the diamond ring. For that reason this probably really should be worn alone, I know there are some people who just wear a band so this would be ideal for that or as a right hand ring.

I have it listed somewhere for sale and we'll see if someone loves it more than me otherwise I'll keep it and wear it on rotation to keep the milgrain and details intact. Thanks for all your helpful posts :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results