shape
carat
color
clarity

Keep or Return? Please by my voice of reason.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Friends, I'm coming to you for some sage advice. I recently bought this ring:

Problem is, I don't love the setting. One of the stones on the end is not set correctly (but not in an unsafe way, as far as I can tell), the height off my finger is taller than I like, and the stones are set very close together, so it doesn't offer me good coverage.

BUT, the stones are really lovely. Very white and very clean, with tons of character. TRR called them H-I SI1-2, whereas I would consider them closer to VS2-SI1.

I'm torn between returning it, and keeping it to repurpose the stones. I got it for 20% off, so after taxes & shipping it was right at $1,500. Are the stones worth that? Or would I be wasting my $$ to have to throw another $1K (or more) into a new setting? All opinions are welcome. (Sorry for the crap photos. It's late here & the lighting in our apartment is not diamond-friendly.)

20210606_232704.jpg 20210606_232700.jpg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I think if you don't love the setting it might be worth sending it back.

I am just looking at prices of the stones loose - https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJMAnph-fk/ for example.. I think you could save a few hundred on the stones (colour/clarity not disclosed) and then you could spend the money on a setting that you will love. It will end up being cheaper in the long run.

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is a lovely Victorian piece. I do though think that the price is quite high for this particular ring. This style ring is not uncommon, so I think if you search a bit more, you will find another original Victorian ring that you will love for less money.
I don't think investing another 1K or more into this ring would be money well spent.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should send it back. Projects tend to cost more than expected so if you are primarily doing this because you think the stones are value priced there is significant risk that you could end up overpaying by the time you create a new piece.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Agree with the others. It's high for the piece to start and if you don't love it as is, I'd return.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came across this and thought I would post it here. We have similar size fingers I believe and this has a really good size center diamond. It may not be what you are looking for but just in case:

Mosie1207

Rough_Rock
Glad you’re sending it back. Have you looked on ebay? There’s some great items there (old diamond wise) right now.

Maybe look on rubylane also?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results