shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Spade, RIP

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I cannot even fathom how someone so talented and so well regarded would feel that suicide is the answer to any of life's problems, but God bless her. She has found peace now.

It's so heartbreaking. Prayers for her family and friends.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot even fathom how someone so talented and so well regarded would feel that suicide is the answer to any of life's problems, but God bless her. She has found peace now.

It's so heartbreaking. Prayers for her family and friends.

I was just going to start a thread about her, Holly. I was shocked to read about her death. She and her husband have a thirteen year old daughter. Life must have been unbearable. Prayers for her and her family.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very upsetting. I am sorry for her family and friends. I cannot imagine how difficult it is.:cry2:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy crow! She's young! $$$ doesn't equal happiness;(

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It just goes to show we never know what are others are dealing with. Her family must be devastated. If only she had reached out to a doctor for help. She left a note so hopefully that answers some questions for her family.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
We, of course, have no idea what issues she was dealing with, or whether she had a history of mental health concerns.

I'm so sorry that she apparently could not find the help she needed.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was both shocked and saddened to hear of this. You never have any idea what demons people are fighting. I am especially sorry for her thirteen year old daughter - this loss will be enormous for her.

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My heart aches for her family, but especially for her daughter. I can’t imagine not having my mom around at that age.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn’t believe about Kate Spade. On paper, she looked like someone with a perfect life. No one knows what other people are dealing with.
I’m not on Facebook, but friends are, and they only see happy pictures, and think that everyone has a wonderful life.
No one knows what other people’s “picture perfect” life is really about.
I feel so bad for her daughter.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart goes out to her family, especially her daughter.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1A18303F-FCE9-4FF0-B06F-D73EDE649A52.jpeg
I couldn’t believe about Kate Spade. On paper, she looked like someone with a perfect life. No one knows what other people are dealing with.
I’m not on Facebook, but friends are, and they only see happy pictures, and think that everyone has a wonderful life.
No one knows what other people’s “picture perfect” life is really about.
I feel so bad for her daughter.

I read this quote today and it struck me. Not the same thing as what you are saying babe, but it does get to sone of it in terms of how people’s lives are portrayed.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not know who she was personally or professionally and not certain anyone on PS, did either. So please let's not eviscerate her life and motives, etc. Here. Or anywhere.

Her family has lost "everything" only for it to be splashed about on the popular press. Her family will never be the same. I can only hope they find what they need to get through. It is a very sad event and time. Very sad.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sad about this. I am sad for her family and so sad that she felt this was her only option. My heart hurts for all of them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just dreadful, may she RIP.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I just read that she suffered from bi polar disease but wouldn’t get help.
It must have been a nightmare behind those closed doors. I wish her sister, husband could have done an intervention to get her help. Her brand wouldn’t have suffered, as she believed. She could have done good for other people suffering from this horrible disease.

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Two things I learned around her death yesterday in reading about the loss of her:

1. David Spade was her brother in law and his tweet on how funny she was for whatever really hit me and I definitely got teary.

2. One of the health mags talked about her death to provide warning signs about suicide. Apparently they said the worst season is spring for suicide which cuts against a lot of the presumptions in the research.

While I can only speculate to her feelings I have to imagine when your name is harnessed into a brand you've sold off the world has to feel a lot bigger and chaotic. I thought a lot about how she and her husband sold the brand in 2007 and there were all these articles noting how due to the deal she wouldn't see a penny after. I know she went on to do another line but it struck me so much of your identity must be lodged in that dream and to see it drift further and further away has got to be hard to comprehend.

its all speculation but I feel for her.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It was so sad to hear, I hope she has found her Peace.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found about her death from this thread. Somehow, there was nothing in my internet news.

One more suicide in the long line...

I feel very sorry for the emotional turmoil Kate Spade found herself in. One can only imagine how much it hurt. It really does not need to be this way, but it happens.

Kate Spade was a talented designer.

Peace and strength to her family. Her poor child, only 13... I hope there are good and close relatives for the daughter, a true family to support her.

RIP.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How sad for her and her family. As a former child without a mom I really feel her daughters pain. I have always loved her merchandise.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depression doesn’t discriminate.

This exactly, you can be funny, smart, talented, rich, poor, creative and sporting, and have a whole list of achievements and depression can still control your life. I sincerely hope that her daughter is surrounded by strong people who love and support her.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This week has taught us that you can have everything and still have nothing at all.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
It is heartbreaking. I lost my dad to suicide; he was about the same age as her when he took his life. Total shock, he seemed to have everything.

I feel so deeply for her daughter. She will forever struggle to understand, but unfortunately, she never will. I only hope she can find peace.

And another high profile suicide, Anthony Bourdain, so heartbreaking for him and his family and child.

When you lose a loved one to suicide, you eventually move foward with your life, but the wound never goes away; hearing about other's suicides rips open the scabs again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results