shape
carat
color
clarity

Kashmir Sapphire

binay1702

Rough_Rock
I am thinking of buying a sapphire of 5.0 ct @$600 per carat with origin of Kashmir (Pakistan).It is GIA certified. It has color of bluish purple with slight inclusions. Unheated though little foggy inside.
Please advice me as I told the supplier to hold it for me.

Attachments

• IMG_9291.JPG
    IMG_9291.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such an unusual choice !

Perhaps Kashmir means something to me too - it certainly is not a colour ...

The colour of your sapphire - I can love.

For clarity: WWW (pun)

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt my opinion is valuable ! Same doubts about these sapphires... If anything, I would want the cleaner stone. (see previous post edited while you were writing).

binay1702

Rough_Rock
I doubt my opinion is valuable ! Same doubts about these sapphires... If anything, I would want the cleaner stone. (see previous post edited while you were writing).
My bad, I thought they were repetition, that is why I deleted. The Color is unusual but the inside glow in it is really appealing me much .

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not complain about silk. The other inclusions stand out for me - enough to induce some doubt.

I am certainly intrigued by the complicated novel Kashmir colours - ruby & sapphire ... Nice to see one around !

The price seems reasonable for a sapphire with some presence best understood as a 'personal interest' ... Much that I know, there is no great history of taste for these colours; the object is not on the stryking side, so, I imagine it could be your pleasure for a long time to come & no more.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
one better picture for your valuable opinion on this please
IMG_9293.JPG
I would not suggest you to get this stone unless you like this colour very much. I have seen similar stones in smaller sizes on Facebook. But those has no certificate. It seems to have very little light return.

21034346_1810184155960851_2947510997631302001_n.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Not a colour one would expect when the word Kashmir is said
2. That touch of silk is one thing, but this one is beyond that (cloudy)
3. Hard to advise without knowing what you want.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
1. Not a colour one would expect when the word Kashmir is said
2. That touch of silk is one thing, but this one is beyond that (cloudy)
3. Hard to advise without knowing what you want.
Yeah. Very true about color. when I saw the pictures my first expression was also like oops! where is that famous Kashmir Blue.
But after seeing two three more pictures, I thought that this color is also not bad either, even started liking it.That is why I posted this picture here to clear my thoughts.The supplier is telling me that if this gets heated cloud / fogginess will be cleared and will turn into deeper Blue. But the supplier hates heating and I also feel having sinned on even having a thought of heating or treating any natural gemstones.:wall:

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
I saw a 3 Ct Azad Kashmir (Pakistan) stone with PGJDC (govt of Pakistan company) certificate for $5000. It was true Kashmir blue color and VVS clarity. I just about to buy it but it sold a matter of hours later.

1. Azad Kashmir is definitely cheaper than Kashmir origin.

2. Kashmir does carry a premium. So much so that a non-gemmy stone will be considered a gem if it's of Kashmir origin. It has a bigger impact than a Burma origin does for ruby.

3. Kashmir origin with good blue color is super expensive:
s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-02-Carat-...971172?hash=item36131e0fa4:g:9xQAAOSwWxNYrXT-

If you do like that color, check out this cleaner option for the same price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-95-Crts-N...110466?hash=item3d42772882:g:q7kAAOSw8YZZeG4i

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you buying it because it has Kashmir in the title or because you actually like the colour? Because IMHO you could find a nicer purple sapphire irrespective of origin and a smaller blue Kashmir sapphire in a half decent colour that would retain it's value better than this stone.

binay1702

Rough_Rock
thanks to all for their valuable opinion.
I saw a 3 Ct Azad Kashmir (Pakistan) stone with PGJDC (govt of Pakistan company) certificate for $5000. It was true Kashmir blue color and VVS clarity. I just about to buy it but it sold a matter of hours later.

1. Azad Kashmir is definitely cheaper than Kashmir origin.

2. Kashmir does carry a premium. So much so that a non-gemmy stone will be considered a gem if it's of Kashmir origin. It has a bigger impact than a Burma origin does for ruby.

3. Kashmir origin with good blue color is super expensive:
s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-02-Carat-...971172?hash=item36131e0fa4:g:9xQAAOSwWxNYrXT-

If you do like that color, check out this cleaner option for the same price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-95-Crts-N...110466?hash=item3d42772882:g:q7kAAOSw8YZZeG4i
Now I am feeling better after reading so many opinions I must let it go.
=)2.

Last edited:

binay1702

Rough_Rock

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
Thanks. A wonderful read. First I thought to buy it only if it is of Kashmir origin but i am concerned about color and clarity too.

If that is the case, Australian, Malagasy, and Montana sapphires offer beautiful colours at fair prices

binay1702

Rough_Rock
If that is the case, Australian, Malagasy, and Montana sapphires offer beautiful colours at fair prices
We are sentimentally attached with the word "Kashmir" whether India or Pakistan.
I bought Australian Sapphires earlier but they never reached to me and Supplier didn't respond well so ....
May be someday I will post one of my lovely Montana sapphires here for eye candy.
Though I have no idea about Malagasy sapphire.

arglthesheep

Rough_Rock
Trade
Normally the best way is to search a lot in the net or check fairs in your surrounding. It makes much sense to see what you want and compare them. You will see a lot of stuff you are not aware of at the moment. THis said, if you have the time to do so. But it can save much money and bring you the better quality if you can do good comparison on the stones. Some vendor will be glad meeting and talking to you to suggest very good possibilities. There are plenty of sources for saphires from all over the world. I I keep thumbs up for you!

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Normally the best way is to search a lot in the net or check fairs in your surrounding. It makes much sense to see what you want and compare them. You will see a lot of stuff you are not aware of at the moment. THis said, if you have the time to do so. But it can save much money and bring you the better quality if you can do good comparison on the stones. Some vendor will be glad meeting and talking to you to suggest very good possibilities. There are plenty of sources for saphires from all over the world. I I keep thumbs up for you!
Yes agreed, but most of high quality sapphires are vanished never to resurface as soon as they appear in front of buyers .

arglthesheep

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hmm i am not sure. You have to be ready to pay a high price if you want this one lifetime stone. I saw and see steadily very nice and unique stones. Go to fairs, talk to dealers and you will see that it is not witchcraft. Yes good quality stones are not easy to get, as (what normally everybody is not thinking about) when you see how hard work it is to mine most of these stones and how small the percentage of the stones is which yield a nice stone, you will see how fascinating this gemworld is. You have to be sure, that the world of gems is not like buying a used car. There are nearly no comparison price lists ...
You pay for a stone what you are willing to pay normally when you want one :mrgreen::mrgreen:
So let us see your Montana eye candy :shock:

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Hmm i am not sure. You have to be ready to pay a high price if you want this one lifetime stone. I saw and see steadily very nice and unique stones. Go to fairs, talk to dealers and you will see that it is not witchcraft. Yes good quality stones are not easy to get, as (what normally everybody is not thinking about) when you see how hard work it is to mine most of these stones and how small the percentage of the stones is which yield a nice stone, you will see how fascinating this gemworld is. You have to be sure, that the world of gems is not like buying a used car. There are nearly no comparison price lists ...
You pay for a stone what you are willing to pay normally when you want one :mrgreen::mrgreen:
So let us see your Montana eye candy :shock:
Thanks.Definitely will post my one or two Montana sapphire. Actually I thought that this was big opportunity to buy a sapphire of 5.0+ ct with Kashmir Origin.
But I was not sure about color. If any body buy a gemstone he should expect that he could have some resale value and may be resold easily.
A little divergent, arglthesheep is not your trade name.:twisted2:

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Yes. Colour is enough.

Thanks !
I really appreciate your opinions .The color was my real concern, after hearing verdicts against this stone from so many experts, I decided to let this stone go.
Many many thanks to all for their valuable opinions on this which helped me arriving at my decision.

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color was my real concern, after hearing verdicts against this stone from so many experts, I decided to let this stone go.

Thank you as well.

Yes, my position of 'colour is enough' is extremist. This purple - much that I see it in the shots, is convincing - for would-be cabochons, a beloved form. I do expect a discount for my extremisms (as given) ... [ the opposite holds too - does it not ... ]

If I might purchase such a thing, it would be a nice keepsake, to remind me that somewhere, Kashmir purple saphires of equally extraordinary quality as the historical Blue, might yet exist ...

binay1702

Rough_Rock
Thank you as well.

Yes, my position of 'colour is enough' is extremist. This purple - much that I see it in the shots, is convincing - for would-be cabochons, a beloved form. I do expect a discount for my extremisms (as given) ... [ the opposite holds too - does it not ... ]

If I might purchase such a thing, it would be a nice keepsake, to remind me that somewhere, Kashmir purple saphires of equally extraordinary quality as the historical Blue, might yet exist ...
I already have a little small (barely above 1 ct) Kashmir (Pakistan) origin blue sapphire.But was looking for bigger size when i stumbled upon that purple sapphire.Hope everybody here would love it.

Attachments

• 59524ac0afa16.jpg
    59524ac0afa16.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 59524ac6b69ee.jpg
    59524ac6b69ee.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 32

binay1702

Rough_Rock
59524ac0afa16.jpg =)2

Attachments

• 59524ac6b69ee.jpg