shape
carat
color
clarity

K colour ACA diamond studs in rose gold?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

I was wondering if those of you with K colour diamond studs have them set in rose gold, and if so, would you mind sharing a pic? After setting my WF ACAs into my engagement ring reset I've got the itch for another set of diamond studs, and am planning to get a smaller pair with WF as the budget allows, and upgrade in a year or so. My original ones were I/J which to me are super white, so to squeeze out a bit more size I'm keen to try a pair of Ks. I'm curious though if a rose gold setting will play up the colour or make little to no difference...I was contemplating rose gold bezels, but for now rose golds 3-prong martinis are more realistic given the restricted budget and crummy Aussie dollar! I'm not terribly colour sensitive and far prefer cut and performance over colour.

Thanks!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just realised that rose gold settings may have to be custom and therefore not upgradeable...even so I'd love to know what the combo looks like!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just realised that rose gold settings may have to be custom and therefore not upgradeable...even so I'd love to know what the combo looks like!

When you upgrade the ACA's you buy new settings generally (assuming the new stones don't fit into the old settings). If I recall correctly, when I upgraded, I purchased new settings and I believe I got some credit for the metal value of the old settings, which was fairly minimal. So if by "upgradeable" you meant getting full credit for the old settings, that has not been my experience.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Lookinagain, thanks for your response! Sorry I should have clarified that a bit better, I meant that if the rose settings are custom I might not be able to return them/get any credit for them. That might just apply to returns though I guess? I'll check with WF before making any rash decisions :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Dandi :wavey:

I don't have any studs per se in rose gold, but my K colored BGD / James Allen True Hearts are in yellow gold. I think they look awesome and I think rose gold would look very similar. I prefer a bezel, as I think the yellow / rose gold contrast with diamonds makes them look very white, whereas I'm not fond of colored prongs covering a diamond..

IMG_2211.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2550.JPG

This is a pin with a K colored diamond in a rose gold bezel:

IMG_2305.jpg

And this ring is rose gold with 2 x J colored diamonds:

IMG_2356.JPG

I hope this helps!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh @mrs-b you are the best!! Those pics are exactly what I needed to see. Your Js look SO white! I'm very set on the bezel now. You enabler, you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results