shape
carat
color
clarity

Just wanted to share...

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't post here much (if at all) any more, but I saw this commercial for State Farm (about volunteering) and just wanted to share. I have been fortunate enough to have the ability to volunteer for years now and it is something that I truly enjoy, especially more recently (with all of the negativity everywhere). I know others here volunteer and/or support various causes, so you understand the value of it too. The State Farm commercial is for their new site, where you can punch in your zip code and areas of interest and it pulls up a list of volunteer opportunities in your area.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy, thank you for sharing this! I love it and haven't seen it as I never watch commercials so appreciate you sharing it and I am going to see what volunteer opportunities exist in my area. And I also want to say I hope you will hang out here again. I am glad to see you.

"Lift the weight of caring by doing" Love this.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't post here much (if at all) any more, but I saw this commercial for State Farm (about volunteering) and just wanted to share. I have been fortunate enough to have the ability to volunteer for years now and it is something that I truly enjoy, especially more recently (with all of the negativity everywhere). I know others here volunteer and/or support various causes, so you understand the value of it too. The State Farm commercial is for their new site, where you can punch in your zip code and areas of interest and it pulls up a list of volunteer opportunities in your area.

LOL, I'm sure this wasn't the intent but I found the commercial rather creepy. Kind of like that movie with the kid... "I see dead people everywhere"... Can't think of what it was called at the moment. I'm surprised the messages wasn't more uplifting -- like maybe showing the good things that can come of volunteering rather than (in my opinion) guilting people into it. The dog was super cute though, and polar bear was my favorite part!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Dee, I see what you are saying but I say whatever works and if guilting people into volunteering works go for it!
Plus the last comment got me. Caring is a huge weight and I thought it was a very meaningful sentiment.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Dee, I see what you are saying but I say whatever works and if guilting people into volunteering works go for it!
Plus the last comment got me. Caring is a huge weight and I thought it was a very meaningful sentiment.

I totally agree -- use whatever works! And those ad people are very clever so I'm sure they thought this through eleven ways from Sunday before they sunk at that $$$ into the campaign.

I volunteer for Big Brothers/Big Sisters (my "little" is graduating from high school this May and going to college!!!) and you should see some of the hokey advertising that organization puts out. It obviously works though because every Wednesday night, there I am filling out scholarship applications, doing story boards, making a journal of things you want to remember to tell your future self...

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Momhappy, thank you so much for posting this. I haven't been able to volunteer as much as I used to, but hope to get back to it. Animals and victims of domestic abuse were what I have been involved with but love to see other opportunities. There are so many good causes that need help.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL, I'm sure this wasn't the intent but I found the commercial rather creepy. Kind of like that movie with the kid... "I see dead people everywhere"... Can't think of what it was called at the moment. I'm surprised the messages wasn't more uplifting -- like maybe showing the good things that can come of volunteering rather than (in my opinion) guilting people into it. The dog was super cute though, and polar bear was my favorite part!

Sixth Sense is the movie.

I spend way too much time volunteering. Honestly it's easy to get sucked in and guilted into more and more hours. I am scaling back now and it is hard to say "no," but I had to set boundaries. I have volunteered nearly my entire life and always plan to, so I've definitely done my share. It's a double-edged sword. Not to discourage anyone, but I hate the guilting people into it part.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
momhappy, thank you for sharing this! I love it and haven't seen it as I never watch commercials so appreciate you sharing it and I am going to see what volunteer opportunities exist in my area. And I also want to say I hope you will hang out here again. I am glad to see you.

"Lift the weight of caring by doing" Love this.

My last visit here left a bad taste in my mouth, so I took a break for a while and don't have much desire to visit and/or post any more.

As far as guilting people into volunteering, I didn't get that. I think there are a lot of people feeling overwhelmed with negativity these days and the commercial demonstrated how one could combat some of the negativity with some positivity. I thought it was worth sharing.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to 'see' you, momhappy. I hope all is well with you. Thank you for the link

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results