shape
carat
color
clarity

Just want to make sure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sosquare

Rough_Rock
I got engaged in April and my fiance gave me a lovely hand made white gold split shank pave ring with a 1 carat square emerald (asscher, however you choose to name it). I just want to make sure he got what he paid for since neither of us know much about jewelry and diamonds. The information on the cert is:

measurements: 5.78 x 5.76 x 3.78
weight: 1.01 carat
depth: 65.6
table: 66
girdle: thin to medium
culet: none
polish: very good
symmetry: good
clarity: SI1
color: F
flourescence: none

If you can let me know about how much this should go for that would be great, Thanks!

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Hi. I personally have no clue what it should go for but it sounds beautiful! Enjoy it !!!!!
The only help I can give you is to go to www.benbridge.com and click the "ask the jeweler" link at the top. The 2 jewelers they have there answering questions are wonderful! Tell them what you told us and they will let you know what that diamond would sell for in their stores. It might help?

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sosquare:

This question is properly the function of an appraiser.

Telling us what the cert says does not let us judge if you got what you were told at all. Nor would looking a picture unless things were really bad.

Someone must look at the diamond, and the ring, in order to answer those questions.

A basic philosophy here at PS is that to have an independent appraiser look at all significant diamond purchases unless you yourself can determine that things are OK (and I will admit that some of us can).

There is an "appraisers" link under "resources" in the upper left toolbar.

Otherwise, let us inow where you live at and we may be able to recommend a local appraiser.

Please check out the FAQ forum to find out what an appraiser does and what to ask for.

Perry

icekid

Ideal_Rock
as long as you love it, why worry??? i am guessing it''s probably too late to return the ring, so as long as you''re happy with it- it really doesn''t matter! congrats on your engagement
1.gif

sosquare

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the info! Don''t get me wrong, even if it came from a cracker jack box I would still love it! I wish I could post a pic but I am so computer illiterate that I can''t figure it out!
33.gif

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results