shape
carat
color
clarity

Just want to make sure this ring can be resized!

Abyssgh0st

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on PriceScope and you all seem like credible folks so I thought I'd come here for an opinion.

I am going to be purchasing a ring soon for my future fiancée (wish me luck!) and I want to make sure the ring I plan to buy for her can be resized. I am buying the ring online (through Amazon, directly) therefore I can't really ask a jeweler before I purchase.

My girlfriend is somewhere between a US 4-4.5 ring size, and the ring I'm looking at comes in a US 5 at it's smallest. The ring says it's resizable, and from what I've read you can resize a ring typically 1-2 sizes without messing up the setting, I just want to be 100% confident that it won't be an issue.

Here is the ring:
ring2_34.jpg
ring1_35.jpg

P.S: Roughly how much will a resizing cost?

Thanks!

Abyssgh0st

Rough_Rock
I'm open to recommendations assuming the rings are of similar style. The only thing I don't love about that ring is the center diamond size- even as counter-intuitive that is for my wallet! :lol:

And yes, that is the one I'm referring to.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
You could probably put sizing beads in it, but the ladies here will have recommendations for much nicer rings (and diamonds) if you'll just listen to them.

Is she going to wear this ring (or a similar one) with a wedding band? If so, she'll need to wear a spacer to protect the wedding ring from the diamonds on the side of the setting. They'll eat right into a wedding band.

liz

Zlata

Rough_Rock
A little off the topic, but is this typical: "The total diamond carat weight listed is approximate. Variances may be up to .05 carats."

Don't think I've noticed a disclaimer regarding carat weight before. Is it just this seller or is this standard language?

Z.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zlata|1360940980|3380778 said:
A little off the topic, but is this typical: "The total diamond carat weight listed is approximate. Variances may be up to .05 carats."

Don't think I've noticed a disclaimer regarding carat weight before. Is it just this seller or is this standard language?

Z.

You see it in pre-set rings because all their stock cannot have the exact same weight stones.

I would agree with getting a better quality ring, seriously.

Zlata

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1360943792|3380804 said:
Zlata|1360940980|3380778 said:

Z.

You see it in pre-set rings because all their stock cannot have the exact same weight stones.

I would agree with getting a better quality ring, seriously.

Thank you! Am not posting much at the moment, but reading the boards voraciously and learning so much! :read: :appl:

Z.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
There are lots of princess 3-stone ring settings from Gabriel NY that will be of much better quality than the amazon ring:
http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/styles?style=3+Stone&default_head_shape=PR

If you contact ID Jewelry or Good Old Gold, they can help you find a nice center stone within your price range (both of those vendors carry Gabriel settings). I think ID Jewelry is your best bet if you have a tight budget.

Abyssgh0st

Rough_Rock
Can someone explain to me (someone who is diamond illiterate) what the difference is between these rings you're suggesting (which I do like some of them, as would she) and the Amazon one? Vendor credibility aside, what am I looking at here, comparing apples to apples? Specifically, can you all tell me what is 'wrong' with the original ring?

LibbyLA|1360931554|3380659 said:
You could probably put sizing beads in it, but the ladies here will have recommendations for much nicer rings (and diamonds) if you'll just listen to them.

Is she going to wear this ring (or a similar one) with a wedding band? If so, she'll need to wear a spacer to protect the wedding ring from the diamonds on the side of the setting. They'll eat right into a wedding band.

liz

Also, it most likely wouldn't be worn simultaneously with a wedding band.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The original one is I1/2 clarity... which usually has visible inclusions. They can have huge boogers, look hazy, or look like they were sprinkled with ground pepper. The cut quality on these is pre-set rings by mass market retailers is not going to be good, it is not going to sparkle and be as bright as an ideal cut princess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results