shape
carat
color
clarity

Just received our loose RB diamond today!

futurehibbs

Rough_Rock
Hey! First post, but I've read many helpful threads on Pricescope. Boyfriend and I purchased this diamond a couple weeks ago. Ideal cut, 1.29 carats, IF, K Faint brown. :love: Going to have it set in 18k Rose Gold, knife edge style w/ 6 platinum prongs most likely. BGD.

unnamed.jpg unnamed-1.jpg diamond<3.jpg All opinions, questions and thoughts are welcome!

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a gorgeous stone!! :love: What made you choose a K and was it as you expected? Better? I've been interested in warmer colors lately.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! can you see the brown tint? I've never understood why brown is thought of negatively in diamonds when it's so pretty

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty diamond.

futurehibbs

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is a gorgeous stone!! :love: What made you choose a K and was it as you expected? Better? I've been interested in warmer colors lately.
Thank you so much!!
I knew I wanted a yellow or rose gold setting, and figured there isn't a point getting a color grade higher than I or J. I'm not a diamond expert by any means, but the more I looked into it I realized that warmer colors are just so beautiful. This one is super sparkly and faces up pretty white in my opinion. It doesn't have any fluorescence either. I love the steely quality it has in other lights too. Go for the K or lower!! :dance:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, nice! Are you going to do unplaited (slightly buttery or "whellow" - but no need to replate it) or rhodium plated (very bright silvery white - but which needs replating periodically)?

futurehibbs

Rough_Rock
Oh, nice! Are you going to do unplaited (slightly buttery or "whellow" - but no need to replate it) or rhodium plated (very bright silvery white - but which needs replating periodically)?
I need to look into this. Thank you for making me aware!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, I think rose gold would be stunning!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks steely and white to me, I don't see any brown.

Interesting K ! Good to see a classical ring - they are getting RARE !? [half-joking]

Beyond 'fine print':
The 'steely' description makes me wonder if the subtle colour of your diamond really is gray, or, even more interesting, a cold brown (greenish or purplish - distinctive among darker browns) ... Not sure I could even tell apart these options no mater how I'd look at a set K diamond ! The grader may have squinted & puzzled too, then decided to put the more common 'brown' word on the report, rather than the rarer 'gray' - which, could be perfectly corect by the house rules meant for 'colorlessness', not colour proper in this range. There is a G&G article I may not recall perfectly & cannot download: WWW.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! You're proposing right away I hope (then posting hand shots, right?)!

futurehibbs

Rough_Rock
Interesting K ! Good to see a classical ring - they are getting RARE !? [half-joking]

Beyond 'fine print':
The 'steely' description makes me wonder if the subtle colour of your diamond really is gray, or, even more interesting, a cold brown (greenish or purplish - distinctive among darker browns) ... Not sure I could even tell apart these options no mater how I'd look at a set K diamond ! The grader may have squinted & puzzled too, then decided to put the more common 'brown' word on the report, rather than the rarer 'gray' - which, could be perfectly corect by the house rules meant for 'colorlessness', not colour proper in this range. There is a G&G article I may not recall perfectly & cannot download: WWW.

Wow, that is so interesting! Thank you so much for this info.

futurehibbs

Rough_Rock
He proposed earlier this week at a nearby lake:love::love: So excited.

Valeria101 gave me some great info and suggested that this diamond is grey or a cold brown K with green/purple undertones. I completely agree now that its set-- the diamond flashes so many different colors but always maintains its steely/grey quality. I'm glad we had it set in white gold, because it plays up the unique color. It also looks white from many angles too. For those interested I'm a ring size 4.

Hand shots taken on cellphone:

IMG_3571.JPG IMG_3577.JPG IMG_3580.JPG IMG_3585.JPG IMG_3586.JPG IMG_3574.JPG IMG_3578.JPG

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best wishes! I love your ring. :)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful stone and the color! Wow. Love it in white gold.

Not sure if it's a smudge too big for your finger or you like wearing it up by your knuckle. I would be afraid of it slipping right off. (Get married quick so you can stack!)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Congratulations! It is beautiful!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful pictures and ring! I also wanted to suggest to maybe check the size once more, it seems a little bit big. Or are you going to stack it with more than one band?

By the way I’m looking to get a K colored heart diamond for a pendant, so your pictures helped me a lot. I’m sure, I’m going to like it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results