by JenRN » Jan 11, 2019 hi all, Newbie here. Prior to joining this group and doing research, I purchased a 2.35 ct, graded H and I1 from a local jeweler who came recommended. The grading was based on their appraisal and it was not certified but I trusted them because friends have used them. After realizing I wasn’t happy with the round stone, I reached out to the sales lady and told her I wanted something different, radiant or oval. She was quite rude so I sent out a search to maybe trade this diamond in with a different jeweler. I was getting a lot of push back from jewelers about what a bad stone it is. I reached out to the jeweler again and this time the sales lady told me I need to learn to be happy and not worry about grading, the money I spent with them ($14,000) wasn’t really all that much money, etc. I talked to the owner and he apologized and assured me he would find me what I wanted and asked that I give him a month to find what I asked for, especially since he had a trade show coming up in February. I initially agreed to that but Came to find out that it appears this diamond had a fracture filing and this was obviously not told to me. I got it looked at by a master gemologist and haVe the documentation to prove it. So essentially it’s fraud now. Would you wait a month to see what the jeweler can find or call them out now and demand a refund or a replacement t diamond sooner? I’m not asking for anything crazy, either an elongated radiant, emerald or oval within the $11,500 I spent for this stone. Just wondering if I should be patient and see if he gives me more bang for my buck or call them out and demand money back or a diamond sooner. Thank you all!