shape
carat
color
clarity

Just Purchased Ring Please Review

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xo4all

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody! Just purchased ring and picked up today after about a week of waiting to be set. Here are the specs:

Shape and Cutting Style: Squre Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 6.20 x 5.87 x 4.28mm
Weight: 1.18 carat
Depth: 72.9%
Table: 77%
Girdle: Very thin to Slightly Thick
Cutlet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Claridy Grade: VVS2
Color Grade: F
Fluorescence: None
Comments: None

Only 2 very small feathers on bottom of rock
I paid $7200, I was wondering if I got a good deal or not. Thanks for any replies!

CIMG0216.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What lab did the cert, couldn''t tell from the pic??

xo4all

Rough_Rock
GIA!

edit3.jpg

xo4all

Rough_Rock
Ring

edit4.jpg

xo4all

Rough_Rock
Ring again

edit5.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks nice to me! But in order for me to give a fair answer, you need to ship it to me to wear for a few days...yknow, to test out.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2006 11:37:12 PM
Author: kaleigh
What lab did the cert, couldn't tell from the pic??
It looks like the lab is GIA. It looks really nice though.

xo4all

Rough_Rock
Yes its GIA

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, love the setting too.
30.gif
36.gif

xo4all

Rough_Rock
Do you guys think the table is too high? What about the measurements? Do any of you see anything wrong in the specs?

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
The ring is gorgous, just beautiful!

That said, the table is very large. And a very large table could affect the amount of brilliance and sparkle the diamond gives off . The diamond could very well still be beautiful because fancy shapes can''t just be judged only by their numbers. In other words, sometimes a diamond could have so-so numbers and still be gorgous.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F/SI1 would have been ''good deal'', F/VVS... is a bit more than that
9.gif

Now, there''s no way for me to see the brilliance of this stone in a picture, but your account of it''s IS signature look would help. Here''s what I am talking about: LINK.

Big table or not, everything about the cut has to ''work'' together to deliver brilliance, so just one element doesn''t tell me that much.

My 2c

About the price - you can always check the database above for comparable quotes (if not done already).

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the purchase! First of all, and I''m not trying to be mean, but shouldn''t you have asked us about the stone before you purchased it, if at all??

Anyway, with fancy cut diamonds, the most important thing is how it looks to your eye. As others have mentioned, numbers on a piece of paper really aren''t good indicators of how the diamond will look and perform. Of course, it is important for you to know what an ideal diamond looks like before you can compare others.

Having said that, just by looking at the numbers, the table is large, I don''t like how it is not square (although this obviously might not bother you at all, it is just a preference), and I don''t like the very thin girdle. Of course, it all depends where the very thin girdle is (i.e. you would not want the girdle to be very thin near any of the four corners on the diamond).

But, in the end, if it is good looking to you, then that is all that matters!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, and how about more pics?!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results