shape
carat
color
clarity

Just got this strand as a gift/ questions

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
My aunt just bought these for me and I know nothing about pearls. She said they are real pearls from Australia. They are a beautiful creamy color and have a great luster. Can anyone tell me an approx value on these? Are they south sea pearls? (My aunt is wealthy, so no doubt they are nice, I'm just curious, like should they be kept in the safe?)
Strand is about 20 inches. 925 SS(complex) clasp.
20190226_211729.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t speak to value but they are gorgeous! Congrats!

I agree with @InsecureSweetGirl, these are lovely.:love: Seem very lustrous from the photo and I love the clasp. Just gorgeous. No clue as to the value however. Are you planning on insuring them? Is there an appraiser near you who can appraise the pearls?

Enjoy this lovely gift!:appl:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A really lovely, classic strand. My guess is that they are freshwater pearls based on the slightly oval shape of some of them. Though they are not as valuable as salt water pearls in that size, fresh water pearls are usually all nacre without a bead inside ( unless very large Edison pearls etc) which cultured salt water pearls have. This means that they will last the way that natural pearls will. The main reason for fresh water pearls being more affordable has to do with the fact that the mussels produce multiple pearls per mollusk instead of just one.
Congratulations on such a lovely gift!

Jazzybling

Rough_Rock
Beautiful pearl necklace! The luster is gorgeous! I’m new to PriceScope and pearls although I do have a few pearl necklaces I’ve been given over the years. It’s funny, I never liked pearls until I saw this forum! I didn’t know pearls could have such luster and be so beautiful as I’ve been used to seeing dull and lackluster pearls. I’m shopping around for a new strand of pearls. :D
A dangly pair of pearl earrings set in white gold or silver would go nicely with that necklace!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Jazzybling I've never owned pearls like these, so was never a fan. But these are so beautiful in person! So turns out I did like pearls, but only nice ones. I was thinking a pearl dangle earring. I actually have dress up event this wknd, so need to find the earrings soon so I can wear my pearls!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, the eggy shapes, size and the way they are finished at the clasp all point to their being cultured freshwater pearls. They have nice luster and as mentioned above, they are all nacre -- there is no bead to ever wear through.

They do not need to be appraised or kept in a safe. Wear them and enjoy them!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I agree, the eggy shapes, size and the way they are finished at the clasp all point to their being cultured freshwater pearls. They have nice luster and as mentioned above, they are all nacre -- there is no bead to ever wear through.

They do not need to be appraised or kept in a safe. Wear them and enjoy them!

Thank you!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful luster and such a wonderful gift. Do not keep them in the safe- wear them and enjoy them. Wipe the strand down with a soft damp cloth after wearing to remove skin oils.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results