shape
carat
color
clarity

Just for fun on Christmas Eve - help me pick!

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
I’m on the quest for my forever upgraded diamond and setting, but I can’t seem to settle on what I want exactly. Of these styles that I have tried on, what looks best on my fingers? I’m torn between wanting a traditional round solitaire and an elongated shape, so I’m trying to figure out what is most flattering. 7ABCE37F-13CB-4172-891D-0499066F508D.jpeg D5FF394E-939F-4C17-B97F-0901AFCF21EC.jpeg D426B281-EEEA-4DD0-B84F-CDEA7ED29408.jpeg 9C0DB948-CD44-4893-9401-3F447C8C99D5.jpeg 733E9816-D580-4F56-9BF2-36EB3C0FA865.jpeg 4EF79263-5068-40BA-9777-73193DCD63FA.jpeg FC789073-9991-4F74-AFDB-8A7C96C5778A.jpeg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
The presence of the pear and cushions are nice, especially as the halo and pave add sparkle and coverage. You can't go wrong with a classic round solitaire either!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
All of them look beautiful on you, so you can't go wrong! But personally, I like the round one on you.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
My vote is a pear shaped diamond or the elongated cushion (I'm sure theres a more legitimate name haha) that is the second to last photo. A traditional cushion also doesnt look bad on you but In my humble opinion (take with a grain of salt) the rounder stones make your fingers look much more short and stubby compared to the others. Good luck! Its a fun dilemma to have! :dance:

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
They are all gorgeous. I'd be confused too.
I like the 2nd from the last picture on you.

This one my husband was going to buy me from our pawn shop, but I wouldn’t let him because it was too expensive. I am kicking myself!! I wish I had kept it. I would have to get someone to recreate that for me.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The pear - FULLSTOP

Especially if you do such a pave setting, a longer pear will be even better.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the pear and the round. :) Picture #1 & 2.

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
The pear - FULLSTOP

Especially if you do such a pave setting, a longer pear will be even better.

This was the first time I ever tried on a pear! Never thought I would be interested, but I did love it! My husband loved it also.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the pear or the elongated cushion.

RayRay

Shiny_Rock
Also pear or elongated cushion! Really love that pear on you!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last two

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a sucker for a solitaire. It surprises me, because there was a time when I thought I loved all the halos and just more bling the better. As I have gotten older, I just love the clean fresh look of a single stone. Nothing competes with it. So I would pick one of the solitaires.

You have to pick what makes your heart skip a beat. What is the one that says to you, I could love that one forever.

Pick the stone you love, cuz you can always change the setting to more or less bling. That is a lot less expensive than changing the center stone. You can put a round stone in a square setting but you cant change the shape of a square or elongated cushion as easily.

When I was choosing I had to really ask myself what made my heart sing. That was how I decided.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
ctd.

This was the first time I ever tried on a pear! Never thought I would be interested, but I did love it! My husband loved it also.

The look of the pear ring & the rest made me think 'this could be longer' - reminding a smaller ring that left quite an impression www [the color is beyond vivid & the setting works so well IMHO with the nearly 2:1 L:W pear]. I did not expect to find such a pear - yet www 11.5 x 6 mm E/VS

Enjoying!

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
ctd.

The look of the pear ring & the rest made me think 'this could be longer' - reminding a smaller ring that left quite an impression www [the color is beyond vivid & the setting works so well IMHO with the nearly 2:1 L:W pear]. I did not expect to find such a pear - yet www 11.5 x 6 mm E/VS

Enjoying!

That seems like good specs on that one you linked. I don’t know anything about how to choose a good pear, though!

Reactions: AV_

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I especially like the round solitaire and the elongated cushion (second to last one)!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I have no criteria for pears other than looking at spread & brighteness & brilliance as much as one can tell from videos & pictures; this one is quite bright, very brilliant & Long 2:1 L:W - longer than most but not narrower. I have not found a larger pear within D-G & IF-SI1 & <$11K at Blue Nile or here.

Thinking out loud

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the pear best on you, but I also thought the halo oval ring set looked super elegant on your finger ... :)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pear

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that pear on you!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Second from top = BEST look!!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I like the pear best.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nothing else looked as good as the pear on your hand. The minute I scrolled to that pic, my immediate thought was 'that's the one'. But I kept scrolling to see your other options, & nothing else topped the pear. The 2nd best was the elongated cushion. But you have to decide what makes YOUR heart sing!! Decision, decisions....good luck!!

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
Nothing else looked as good as the pear on your hand. The minute I scrolled to that pic, my immediate thought was 'that's the one'. But I kept scrolling to see your other options, & nothing else topped the pear. The 2nd best was the elongated cushion. But you have to decide what makes YOUR heart sing!! Decision, decisions....good luck!!

My daughter looked at the pear and said “I don’t need to see any more pictures. This is it!” :lol:

Reactions: AV_

snowballs mom

Shiny_Rock
I really like the pear. It looks perfect on your finger.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pear, pears are still close to my heart. I think that they have a pleasing girdle outline that draws your eye to the finger tip.

My original ering is a pear that I still wear sometimes.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I am a sucker for a solitaire. It surprises me, because there was a time when I thought I loved all the halos and just more bling the better. As I have gotten older, I just love the clean fresh look of a single stone. Nothing competes with it. So I would pick one of the solitaires.

You have to pick what makes your heart skip a beat. What is the one that says to you, I could love that one forever.

Pick the stone you love, cuz you can always change the setting to more or less bling. That is a lot less expensive than changing the center stone. You can put a round stone in a square setting but you cant change the shape of a square or elongated cushion as easily.

When I was choosing I had to really ask myself what made my heart sing. That was how I decided.

Agree... after having a number of tbe styles, I’m now into simple. Not sure what changed in me, but your comments resonated with me spot on. I think my issue is that I, too, like so many looks... but then I grow tired and want something else, or a certain look becomes less popular than it was at one time. The round solitaire just seems to never go out of style. I guess I have an attention span issue lol... I truly envy those who pick and ring and stick with it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results