shape
carat
color
clarity

Just discovered Bez Ambar. Thoughts on this setting?

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
I am thinking about resetting my 1.01 ct pear as my husband and I just celebrated our 25th this spring! What do you guys think of this setting?? The blaze diamonds make the halo really unique. But, WOW, the bling. I don't know if I can handle it. LOL.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan unless you are trying to make your pear look bigger. If thats the case then that halo would definitely do it. This ring isnt for me though
so if you love it by all means after 25 years you deserve to treat yourself!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's gorgeous… If you love it go for it!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Have them wrap diamonds underneath.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, but no metal in between. I think these lines look too hard. Look at Lauren B.'s stuff. This is Lauren B. Inspired. Beautiful lines

IMG_1225[1].JPG

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_1222[1].JPG

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on 25 years. !!
Keep us posted on your bling upgrade journey.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on 25 years! :appl:

The ring is beautiful, have you seen it in-person? Just wondering how the Blaze cut performs IRL.

I am not familiar with the Blaze cut, but they look amazing. I will say that an upscale boutique jeweler close to home does carry Bez Ambar pieces, while I didn't look at the particular style and branded cut that you are looking at, the prices where very high. Not sure if it is the jeweler mark up at this particular store or the brand, but they were nearly double the quotes that I received from some of the hand forged vendors that are recommended here on PS for custom work. Just something to think about.

Best of luck and be sure to come back and share photos when she's done.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
* * * I will say that an upscale boutique jeweler close to home does carry Bez Ambar pieces, while I didn't look at the particular style and branded cut that you are looking at, the prices where very high. Not sure if it is the jeweler mark up at this particular store or the brand, but they were nearly double the quotes that I received from some of the hand forged vendors that are recommended here on PS for custom work. Just something to think about. * * *
It's the brand. Bez Ambar pieces are priced high & local jewelers have little "wriggle room" on the prices... that is, if they want to hold onto their status as an authorized BA retailer.

I'm bleary eyed from spring allergies and because I've been chained at my desk for hours, so I'm not entirely certain if there are invisible-set diamonds in any of the BA semi-mounts you're considering. But BA takes pride in their invisi-set technique
https://www.bezambar.com/invisible-setting-for-diamonds-a-bez-ambar-innovation/
& invisi-set diamonds figure prominently in many of their pieces. Some people are intrigued by invisi-set diamonds, others don't care for them. They can be problematic in terms of slippage/loosening, but BA offers a lifetime warranty to the original, registered owner. Although the terms are limiting --
https://www.bezambar.com/warranty/
-- same as with any comparable brand, the timespan is well beyond the typical 2-year coverage.

Still, unless you want a distinctively BA setting (many of their settings have a particular "look", that people familiar with the brand will recognize), I too think you should explore some other options before signing on the dotted line with BA.

CarbonBling

Rough_Rock
25 years! Congratulations! What a great legacy! I have seen the Blaze in person. It's a beautiful stone and really is quite mesmerizing in person. It is similar to the French cut, but displays more color and fire. I had the pleasure of meeting with Bez in his LA office. He is very kind, easily approachable, and a man who does what he does for the art and beauty of the trade. He actually started out as an art major and was curious about the natural crystalline structure of rough stones. I had considered using the Blaze as side stones on a ering upgrade, but decided it wasn't quite the look I was going for. Now a Blaze eternity...:love: It never hurts to shoot an email their way and ask for a quote; ask if they're willing to work with your budget. The answer is always 'no' unless you ask. ;-) Happy re-setting!

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Just for fun - for those who are interested in seeing Bez Ambar settings IRL, here are some hand shots! The settings are very blingy as those cuts give off a ton of light. There are some features I like, some things I don't care for. Feel free to weigh in! IMG_5625.JPG IMG_5626.JPG IMG_5627.JPG IMG_5628.JPG IMG_5629.JPG IMG_5630.JPG

CarbonBling

Rough_Rock
Love the bling! The Blaze definitely catches the eye.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That pear shaped diamond in the first video was certainly MUCH better cut than I am used to seeing in a pear.

Wink

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Did you choose a local jeweler to create your beautiful setting or did you use a PS recommended bench? In looking around at all kinds of halos, I'm finding many that I just don't care for.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
Wow. First off, congratulations on 25 years! What an accomplishment to be proud of! :appl:

Second. Wow. You have found an amazing jewelry designer to create your special ring! I am blown away at the sparkle and configuration of the pear ring! I LOVE rings that are heavy on the bling with interesting aesthetics... This certainly is a STUNNER! Bez Ambar designs are extremely impressive, unique and totally my style. Thanks so much for sharing!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That pear shaped diamond in the first video was certainly MUCH better cut than I am used to seeing in a pear.

And the halo in the video is perfectly matched - when that combo happens, it is very impressive!

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on 25 years, daisydukes! What do you think of Bez Ambar's Blaze diamonds since you've seen them in person? I do like the Blaze diamond halo around the pear in the first video you linked.

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Although I started all of this research because of my 25th, when it comes to jewelry I'm just a newbie. I can honestly say that the blaze diamonds throw off a lot of light. Blinding light, LOL. In person, the blaze halos appeared very fluid and in proportion with the center stone. Interestingly, when looking back at the photos, I decided that I didn't care for the pinned look around the circumference of the setting, which I believe is unique to setting this cut. But I totally did not notice that in person.

I need to go back and look at the settings in natural light! I can say that I am intrigued by this different kind of halo but at the same time am scared about it being so out of the norm. I don't want my special-to-me-1ct-pear to be lost in a setting it can't handle.

Any advice welcome!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I don't have any advice but I am loving this designer, I've never heard of him before this thread!

Some people don't want to go far out of the "norm" and others really seek to do something different, go with what makes your heart sing because if you really go with what you love you won't even care what other people think.

For the record though, I love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results