shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought the ring! Plz give honest assessment of value...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

seth_cummings

Rough_Rock
I''d love to know if I got value for my purchase - feel free to be brutally honest as I''m very happy with the purchase either way. I understand SI3 isn''t ideal, but in person the stone looked fantastic!

2.02 carat Princess
Color Grade: G
Clarity: SI3
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good (7.27 x 6.79 x 4.83)
Platinum band
.86 carat side stones on each side (also SI3)
Girdle: Very thin polished
Depth: 71.1%
Table: 77%
Crown: 10.8%
Pavilion: 59%
Fluorescence: None
Girdle inscribed

$9250 total for all

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,
The bottom line is if you happy with you have gotten!!
Was the stone certed ? and by who?did you dshop the internet??
I think you over paid a bit but that is not too bad!!

good luck

seth_cummings

Rough_Rock
EGL Certified in 2003. It wasn't on the Internet, but I tried to do a lot of research on the Internet. I didn't have the time to shop on the Net. Bought at a local dealer and visited several. I have no knowledge of this field and none of my friends/family do either, so it made it difficult to negociate. Just curious, what do you feel actual value is? My feeling was walking out was I may have overpaid by 1k so or, but it's a small sum in the long run.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just like i said before enjoy it It should be a nice stone and like you said what is a 1000.00 for the long run!!(I wish i had customers like you !!))lol

good luck i am sure it is a nice stone, enjoy
appl.gif

hakalugi

Rough_Rock
based on this page: http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm you have a cut grade of "2B"

then, from the pricescope price stats, based on your 2.02 ct weight, and G color these are the avg. selling prices for SI2 and I1 in the 2.00 - 2.99 range are

SI2: $4485/ct
I1: $3844/ct

The lowest prices for 2.0-2.99 ct range, G color and SI2 and I1 are:

SI2: $4102/ct
I1: $3011/ct

If your stone was an SI2 it would be labeled an SI2. So it's not an SI2 so dont' use those numbers. As you may know, SI3 isn't recognized by some grading bodies, and it's not shown in the pricescope tables. If it were me, I'd start at no more than $6k for the main stone and negotiate up from there. (remember, if it has a wide table and more depth than one would want, it's a 'heavy' stone. There's only .03 cts between your weight and 1.99 cts --the reason this is important is that the avg price per carat drops $600/ct for the SI2 and $1000/ct for the I1 when calculating prices in the 1.5-1.99 ct bracket. You really want to buy stones just below the major ct. weights (.9x, 1.4x, 1.9x) not just above them)

Repeat the process for your side stones, and multiply the price/ct for each time the number of carats for each stone, then add.

If you want, figure in any additional benefits (lifetime trade up, buy back, sizings, geographic proximity, etc) but personally, they help me decide on the jeweler, not the individual stone... and then decide.

good luck,

-Hak

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The price you paid, when considering the platinum mounting, and the side stones, is very fair, especially from a non-internet dealer.

It's even better if sales tax was included in your total.

seth_cummings

Rough_Rock
All advice is great - I wish I had given myself more time to shop and learn - I started Friday and had to buy Sat!

Sales tax was waived the day I shopped, which saved me about $750 here in California.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results