shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought from whiteflash need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hammester

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I just purchased a ring from whiteflash last night and put it on my CC. Today i get an email saying that i need to fax over a copy of my drivers licence, and copies of both front and back of my CC. This seems like a very easy way for your identity to be stolen. The whole reason i paid by CC was for the convience factor. Did anyone else have the same experiance? do i have any other options?

Thanks

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t bought from Whiteflash, but I had to do the same when buying from Signed Pieces. I think certain vendors want the paper trail for high ticket items/receipts that are bought via the internet?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I recently bought studs from WF and had to do the same thing.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t mind this since it''s a security measure.

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
I had to do the same thing for my purchase from whiteflash.

They explained it to me as a necessary step for purchases of high value (I think it helps avoid having someone use a stolen credit card number.
This way they''d have to physically have your license and credit card too).

It does feel a bit odd to be sending out that kind of info, but it''s more for your purchasing security than anything else.

Except for all these random charges from mozambique that keep showing up on my statement. . . everything seems to have worked out fine.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2006 9:13:50 PM
Author: CaptainPolyester

Except for all these random charges from mozambique that keep showing up on my statement. . . everything seems to have worked out fine.
You evil little devil!!! hee hee
11.gif

Starky

Rough_Rock
CaptainPolyester, are you serious after you made a purchase from whiteflash you keep getting random charges on your CC? My fiancee just bought my ring from there and he was having a heart attack because he had to give them all this info too. He is paranois of identity theft.
15.gif

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
I''d wire the money instead. Stone costs you less and you can keep your personal info private.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I would not wire money because then you have no protection. I had to fax my info to signed pieces as well. It all worked out fine. There is a lot of credit card fraud on high price items so its to protect both the consumer and vendor as well.

I have a fax at home but I would be nervous about faxing from an office in case the info gets stored in the fax machine somehow.

How about calling them and asking if its a secure fax machine on the other end and what do they do with the hard copy once they confrim its really you.

Starky

Rough_Rock
What I did was scan all the items from my home computer and send the documents via email. Its safer than sending it through fax.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I bought from WF and the wire transfer was very easy. I got the bank number from WF, took it to my bank and made the transaction, got an email confirmation that WF recieved it and the next day I had my package waiting at the FedEx location. I would say it is very safe with a trusted vendor since it goes from bank to bank. Of cousrse, you''d never want to uses it with an unknown vendor.

Plus you get a little discount on the price. Is it too late to change your method of payment?

hammester

Rough_Rock
It was actually the same price to use my CC because i get 1% cash back on it and the bank wire would of costed me 15 bucks. But my bank is about 1.5 hours away since im up at college so thats out of the question. I guess ill just have to fax the stuff over from work
7.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the people at WF do not want to steal your identity....i would not worry.

i have done both the credit card thing and also the wire transfer. i use cc for smaller purchases just because it's easier, but when i did my upgrade, i did a wire transfer. both cc and wire transfer worked out just fine....it just depends on how you feel best handling it.

happygogilmore2004

Rough_Rock
For what it''s worth...is it possible to call whiteflash as you''re faxing the info to ensure that they''re receiving it as you speak?Perhaps they''d be willing to include the shredded fax copy with the purchase if you''re really cautious.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
We did credit card for my first purchase and wire transfer for the second and third purchases.
9.gif

Both ways worked out fine.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I seriously wouldn''t worry about WF doing anything unethical, they are just protecting you and themselves. I paid them through wire transfer with no problems.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2006 10:32:03 PM
Author: Starky
What I did was scan all the items from my home computer and send the documents via email. Its safer than sending it through fax.
I just wanted to comment that the chances of an email getting intercepted are 100000x higher than a fax getting intercepted.
An email travels thru at least 2 servers between you and the recipient and sometimes as many as 6 or 7.
Each one of those are possible interception points.
A fax is a phone connection and the only practical way to intercept it is to tap the phone line on one end or the other.

If I was buying from wf id just have a wire transfer done.

Also any information on a drivers licence is public info that isn''t hard to get so there is really nothing to fear there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results