shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought 3 GOG August Vintage Stones....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gr8smiles

Rough_Rock
After much study and countless hours reading, I just pulled the trigger and bought 3 of GOG''s August Vintage stones
for a 3 stone ring for my wife. I have wired them the money and they should ship tomorrow. I am planning on taking them to a pricescope appraiser and having them checked out, then sending them back to GOG to be mounted.
Here they are:

center:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6824

sides:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6558
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/6559

What do ya''ll think? Will they be too warm? She wears her grandmother''s ring now and it is an OMC/OEC and is noticeably warm too me,
but she loves the vintage cut and sparkle. I am thinking these will be fabulous.

Jonathan has suggested a Vatch trellis mount...any other setting ideas? She wants some thinkness to the band and will only wear
this one ring without a band.
Thanks for all the great information here on this site.
Rick

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
Those all look stunning!!
I think you did a fabulous job.

Please follow up with pictures.

I''m sure your wife is going to love this!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! What a killer ring that's gonna be.
Lucky girl.

Make sure she's sitting down when she opens the box.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes! That''s going to be incredible! Love the stones and the Vatche trellis setting sounds perfect for them. Please post photos!

Re: the warmth, you can always have a look at them with the appraiser and gauge whether they are within the range of her current ring, but it looks like all you will see are rainbows and diamonds floating on her finger.

Lovely choice!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
WOW......................that is going to be the most AMAZING ring. Please, please, please come back with photos when it is finished! I think the warmth of the stones will only add to the beauty of the ring and the Vatche trellis will be absolutely lovely!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Can''t wait too see this ring!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Pics are a must!

mani5ha

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WOW!

My SO won''t get me 1 carat let alone nearly 5! What a lucky girl! :sigh:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geezzzz! I would like to be lucky enough to own one (especially a 3 carater), let alone 3 august vintage stones! Lucky lady!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I definitely want to see pictures of this when it is completed. I love vintage and vintage look. I definitely think that the warmer stones will add and not detract from the over all experience.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
WOW that is going to be an AMAZING ring - what a lucky wife you have!! I agree that pics of the finished product are a must. I think a Vatche trellis would showcase the stones beautifully, while being simple enough not to detract from their beauty
1.gif

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
gr8smiles, please do come back with finished product photos. I''m sure your wife will be thrilled with these lovely diamonds. I was interested in one of your sidestones for a long time. Since you beat me to it, the least you can do is make sure I get to see her in her final home. :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s gonna be one hell of a ring no matter what setting you put it in! Make sure you post pics!

Megenoita

Rough_Rock
I LOVE those GoG vintage diamonds!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
This is seriously going to be a WOW ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Can''t wait to see pics!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! Please come back with handshots of that when it is made. I can''t wait to see it!!!!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! You really, really need to come back with some pictures when that baby is done.

Excellent choices!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!!! Add my vote to those who would dearly, dearly love to see how this very special ring looks!
3.gif
36.gif
35.gif
Pretty please!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be a beautiful ring. I can''t wait to see it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delish! Yes, the diamonds will be warm but it suits that cut! And the sparkle and color off that thing will be stunning!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your wife will be wearing a gr8smile for the rest of her life when she sees that ring!!!
9.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Omg, dude. What terrible thing have you done that you have to get her 3 August Vintage cushions?
31.gif

But that'' gonna be some serious finger width coverage...

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds AMAZING!!!! Can''t wait to see pics. This is not a suggestion.
2.gif

Collee

Shiny_Rock
WOW, I am speechless. CONGRATS and look forward to seeing the finished ring.

Collee

Shiny_Rock
WOW, I am speechless. CONGRATS!!! I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot even articulate the jealousy I am feeling right now! I have a three stone princess trellis and I think it'' would be beatiful. I wonder if they could add some scroll work to make it look for "vintagy".. ( ok, so that might not be a word).

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!

That is going to be some ring!!. A Vatche trelis setting would look clean, modern and elegant.

I would love to see pictures of the finished ring, especialy some shots of it on her hand.

Please come back and post picture of your finnised ring.

I think you''ve chosen some mighty fine stones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results